Free Street Fighter 4 Artbook w/ SF4

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we all know how Gamestop always gives their promised pre-order items.

This is awesome, but I think I've entered my last GS pre-order. :(

hrmm... that's if they get any artbooks to give you! i still haven't gotten my Soulcalibur Keychain for pre-ordering yet...

Yeah, can't say GS is going to sucker me in for anymore pre-orders with these promo items.

But I'm sure that the select few who do actually get the artbook will like it.

[quote name='mechachrome']Yeah, can't say GS is going to sucker me in for anymore pre-orders with these promo items.

But I'm sure that the select few who do actually get the artbook will like it.[/quote]

More than likely it'll be the same kind of thing that came with the DMC4 game and they aren't all that special. There's some really nice artbooks still available if you like SF or Capcom art.

I look at it this way i have it reserved... if the artbook isnt there ill get SF4 elsewhere just to spite them .....ill tell them straight that the only reason i reserved it here is cause of the art book because personally i HATE GS and EB with a passion because the scum gamers over with trade in credit and preowned resale that is why my goal in life is to rip them off as much as i can... with promo codes and such so they always lose money when i buy something from them .....or at the very least gain nothing ....just recent i jacked them out of MVC2 for 45$ using the cag code and the saver and my edge card and a promo gift card ...mua hahahahaha....whoz w/ me!!!!

[quote name='cheko']I look at it this way i have it reserved... if the artbook isnt there ill get SF4 elsewhere just to spite them .....ill tell them straight that the only reason i reserved it here is cause of the art book because personally i HATE GS and EB with a passion because the scum gamers over with trade in credit and preowned resale that is why my goal in life is to rip them off as much as i can... with promo codes and such so they always lose money when i buy something from them .....or at the very least gain nothing ....just recent i jacked them out of MVC2 for 45$ using the cag code and the saver and my edge card and a promo gift card ...mua hahahahaha....whoz w/ me!!!![/quote]

I reserved it for the book too, but if I see a package with the joystick, I'll get that instead.

[quote name='mike.m']I reserved it for the book too, but if I see a package with the joystick, I'll get that instead.[/quote]

wow that would be really cool a definatly worth going for better but the ann. joystick has already come out and it didn't sell well but now its worth like over 100$ cause of SF4 i doubt they'll release one with a free joystick ... perhaps more likly a limited edition game with it which would cost extra for it ....fortunatly i won a X arcade dual joystick for 50$( worth 150$ mua hahahahaha)\\:D/ that is compatible with every system:ps2::xbox::360::gc::pc::ps3::wii: including my pc so there is no need for one for me ...Xarcade is the closest joystick you can get to actual arcade systems... you mite want to look into it

http://www.xgaming.com/specialoffer/2player1.htm

[FONT=VERDANA, ARIAL, HELVETICA][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=VERDANA, ARIAL, HELVETICA][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cheko']wow that would be really cool a definatly worth going for better but the ann. joystick has already come out and it didn't sell well but now its worth like over 100$ cause of SF4 i doubt they'll release one with a free joystick ... perhaps more likly a limited edition game with it which would cost extra for it ....fortunatly i won a X arcade dual joystick for 50$( worth 150$ mua hahahahaha)\\:D/ that is compatible with every system:ps2::xbox::360::gc::pc::ps3::wii: including my pc so there is no need for one for me ...Xarcade is the closest joystick you can get to actual arcade systems... you mite want to look into it

http://www.xgaming.com/specialoffer/2player1.htm[/quote]

They've already confirmed there will be a joystick for SF4. In fact, there's a guy on this forum who says it'll be better than the rest that have come out so far. The anniversary joystick probably wasn't something they made a ton of to begin with. So I'm guessin it sold as well as they expected anyway.

If you actually WANT your pre-order bonus item, order it online. You're far more likely to get it.

I totally gave up on in store bonues.

[quote name='howlinmad']And we all know how Gamestop always gives their promised pre-order items.

This is awesome, but I think I've entered my last GS pre-order. :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='podunk320']I believe the Art book is the one Penny Arcade and Udon are working on. I might be wrong(since its a huge book) but we can all hope a pray lol

(scroll down, until you see Zangief)
http://www.penny-arcade.com/2008/7/9/

(More info)
http://www.udonentertainment.com/streetfightertribute/[/QUOTE]

That'd be nice, but I doubt it. The retail price on the udon artbook alone looks to be $40. I'm guessing that the freebie will be quite a bit smaller and not have nearly as much content as the udon one.

I hope it'll be one of those really huge art books, but it's probably just going to be one of the lame-ass ones like they gave away with Assasin's Creed. Does anyone remember that?

[quote name='s0lid']I hope it'll be one of those really huge art books, but it's probably just going to be one of the lame-ass ones like they gave away with Assasin's Creed. Does anyone remember that?[/quote]

That AC book is almost like the one that came with DMC4. I saw that AC book at Half Price Books, almost bought it for $2.50.

Udon makes very good books but you probably won't get one with a pre-order. Amazon might still have Udon's Art of Capcom if you want a really good SF art book. Little pricey but at least you get your money's worth.

[quote name='cheko']wow that would be really cool a definatly worth going for better but the ann. joystick has already come out and it didn't sell well but now its worth like over 100$ cause of SF4 i doubt they'll release one with a free joystick ... perhaps more likly a limited edition game with it which would cost extra for it ....fortunatly i won a X arcade dual joystick for 50$( worth 150$ mua hahahahaha)\\:D/ that is compatible with every system:ps2::xbox::360::gc::pc::ps3::wii: including my pc so there is no need for one for me ...Xarcade is the closest joystick you can get to actual arcade systems... you mite want to look into it

http://www.xgaming.com/specialoffer/2player1.htm

[FONT=VERDANA, ARIAL, HELVETICA][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][/quote]

X-Arcade is NOT even close to "actual arcade systems," it uses generic POS knockoff parts. The box is pretty good but holy shit they are the Bose of arcade sticks. I have high hopes for the SF4 stick because someone over at CUSA is working with someone from SRK to make sure it is up to snuff, for whatever that's worth. The anniversary stick had nice art and was easy to mod, so I'm optimistic. They also say they're coming out with SF4 pads, but unless their "partner" in that endeavor is Sega and the pad is an authentic SF4-themed Saturn pad, I have no interest.

Anyway, for ACTUAL ARCADE SYSTEMS, the options right now for the HD systems are as follows:

PS3:

Virtua Stick High Grade - Authentic Sanwa stick and buttons, out of print and hard to find, with a PCB issue that affects pressing three buttons at once. It's a shame because Sega did an otherwise great job with it.

Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 - Authentic Sanwa stick, Hori knockoff buttons, but easily moddable with real Sanwa buttons, the buttons are snap-in and use solderless quick disconnects so they're easy to replace with the real thing with nothing more than a flathead screwdriver.

PS2 sticks with a Pelican or REAL converter - Obviously lots of great sticks available on the PS2, Hori Real Arcade Pro just like the 3, including the HRAP2 SA which comes with Sanwa Parts standard and is even easier to disassemble. The Street Fighter Anniversary stick that was released with the Anniversary collection is also available used, and also has solderless quick disconnects which allow you to easily replace the stick and buttons with Happ parts. You'll need a good PS2/PS3 converter for this, I got one anyway for Beatmania and to use my PS2 Saturn pad.

360:

Hori Real Arcade Pro EX - Hard to find, just came out, and very expensive to import. Same deal, Sanwa stick, Hori buttons, easy to mod. The layout is weird on this one for some reason.

Arcadeinabox.com - Ed's business, good guy, makes great sticks, will even put custom art on them if you want. A little pricey but not too bad. He'll do it with authentic Happ stick and buttons default, and he charges a few more dollars to do Sanwa parts.

All good options, all far, far better than X-Arcade's bullshit, and if you want to go custom there are even more options. If you're cheap and don't mind soldering, it's also not too hard to put Sanwa parts in one of the Tekken 5 sticks that CAGs should have gotten from GameCrazy, or the EX2 that CAGs should have gotten from EB/Gamestop. There. So, rambling over, but the more you know.

[quote name='KamiNoYadoru']X-Arcade is NOT even close to "actual arcade systems," it uses generic POS knockoff parts. The box is pretty good but holy shit they are the Bose of arcade sticks. I have high hopes for the SF4 stick because someone over at CUSA is working with someone from SRK to make sure it is up to snuff, for whatever that's worth. The anniversary stick had nice art and was easy to mod, so I'm optimistic. They also say they're coming out with SF4 pads, but unless their "partner" in that endeavor is Sega and the pad is an authentic SF4-themed Saturn pad, I have no interest.

Anyway, for ACTUAL ARCADE SYSTEMS, the options right now for the HD systems are as follows:

PS3:

Virtua Stick High Grade - Authentic Sanwa stick and buttons, out of print and hard to find, with a PCB issue that affects pressing three buttons at once. It's a shame because Sega did an otherwise great job with it.

Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 - Authentic Sanwa stick, Hori knockoff buttons, but easily moddable with real Sanwa buttons, the buttons are snap-in and use solderless quick disconnects so they're easy to replace with the real thing with nothing more than a flathead screwdriver.

PS2 sticks with a Pelican or REAL converter - Obviously lots of great sticks available on the PS2, Hori Real Arcade Pro just like the 3, including the HRAP2 SA which comes with Sanwa Parts standard and is even easier to disassemble. The Street Fighter Anniversary stick that was released with the Anniversary collection is also available used, and also has solderless quick disconnects which allow you to easily replace the stick and buttons with Happ parts. You'll need a good PS2/PS3 converter for this, I got one anyway for Beatmania and to use my PS2 Saturn pad.

360:

Hori Real Arcade Pro EX - Hard to find, just came out, and very expensive to import. Same deal, Sanwa stick, Hori buttons, easy to mod. The layout is weird on this one for some reason.

Arcadeinabox.com - Ed's business, good guy, makes great sticks, will even put custom art on them if you want. A little pricey but not too bad. He'll do it with authentic Happ stick and buttons default, and he charges a few more dollars to do Sanwa parts.

All good options, all far, far better than X-Arcade's bullshit, and if you want to go custom there are even more options. If you're cheap and don't mind soldering, it's also not too hard to put Sanwa parts in one of the Tekken 5 sticks that CAGs should have gotten from GameCrazy, or the EX2 that CAGs should have gotten from EB/Gamestop. There. So, rambling over, but the more you know.[/quote]

well if thats your opinion ... lets say what you feel is right ...that doesnt change the fact that the Xarcade stick is awesome and authentic to look and feel....plus it has a life time warrenty plus it is the only arcade stick that i know of and is universal and is promised to stay universal through past gen system and present gen systems and future gen system because of they're wide spectrum of adapters they offer ....plus not many companies make dual sticks ....so im sure you can get something better ...but that's with everything....but this is a great deal.....everything is cheaper if you know how to mod and put in a little time and effort to work on it but this is a handfree no hasle deal

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not going to get many people that agree that Xarcade is a quality stick. That being said, it's good that you're playing fighting games with a stick. Other than the Saturn pad, there aren't many good pads out there to play fighting games with.

Our resident stick expert is MarkMan. Shoot him a PM and maybe he'll help you out. Your other options are to post in the fighting thread or go over to shoryuken.com (SRK for short). SRK is a great place to find stick makers of all kinds.

[quote name='fujishig']This is way off topic, but when did X-arcade get adapters for the Wii, PS3, and 360?[/quote]

The Wii adapter is the Gamecube adapter. PS3 came out a short while back. It plugs into the PS2 adapter. There is no 360 adapter. MS uses a closed architecture and doesn't want X-Arcade to make an adapter.

I know there's a lot of hate for the X-Arcade but I find it to be a great choice for people who like US-style sticks and don't want tons of arcade sticks cluttering up their living spaces. I've tested my Solo and Dual and noticed no real lag. Switching out parts is very easy and affordable. For roughly $30, you can install a Happ IL8 Eurostick and Happ competition buttons. For reference, I also own 2 Hori Arcade Sticks for Wii and a Hori FS3 for PS3.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Virtua Stick High Grade bug that caused issues with the 3-button push was corrected in later revs of the stick. If you got one of the later builds, that issue is fixed. There is a sticker on the bottom of the stick that indicates the rev and whether it has the issue or not... I remember my stick being one of the later builds and it having this sticker.

Did my post pointing out a difference of opinion with cheko's bold claim that Xarcade is the closest thing to actual arcade parts that you can get actually get stealth deleted but his got left in? I guess "the more you don't know." What is this, fatwallet?

[quote name='KamiNoYadoru']Did my post pointing out a difference of opinion with cheko's bold claim that Xarcade is the closest thing to actual arcade parts that you can get actually get stealth deleted but his got left in? I guess "the more you don't know." What is this, fatwallet?[/quote]

i have no idea man probably cause the word mod was mentioned ...fatwallet?

[quote name='Bogard']Art book or not, I'm glad I pre-ordered it already.[/quote]

I preordered as soon as I found out they were taking them. SF4 is like my wet dream come true..er... :drool:

[quote name='mike.m']I preordered as soon as I found out they were taking them. SF4 is like my wet dream come true..er... :drool:[/quote]

yea i cant wait ...i also cant wait to see how the online versus mode is going to be ....the japanese are going to kick my ass all over the place but your only as strong as the opponents you face :robot:

[quote name='cheko']yea i cant wait ...i also cant wait to see how the online versus mode is going to be ....the japanese are going to kick my ass all over the place but your only as strong as the opponents you face :robot:[/QUOTE]

You have no idea how true a statement that is. I just took a trip to Japan a couple weeks ago and was able to play SF4. Ass-kicking doesn't even begin to describe it. I felt like I should have just written a check to Capcom and not wasted my time hitting the buttons. lol. One Japanese kid had Zangief's spinning pile driver mastered. It was humiliating.

Tekken 6 was sweet too. Has there been any word on that one being released?

They probably deleted all the other talk because it was clearly off topic while cheko's hideous claim that the xfactor joystick was closest to the arcade was left in because he was still talking about SFIV in the same paragraph. They'll probably delete this also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back