Free Stuff Friday - Unlock a chance to win Assassin's Creed II

Gamewatcher

CAGiversary!
Ok, so we have an extra copy of Assassin's Creed II for Xbox 360 that we won (well, paid for - it doesn't even qualify as a tax write-off) at the Child's Play Charity Auction. But we're not giving it away without a fight. Well, maybe "fight" isn't the right word. Challenge.

We need 100 entries for The Princess Bride Game for PC/Mac:
http://www.busygamernews.com/2010/02/free_stuff_friday_-_the_prince.html

The gauntlet has been thrown down. Help us get 100 comments for a game that, frankly, isn't worth the trouble (and/or review our underrated podcast that we work VERY hard on every week - each rating AND review on iTunes is worth an extra point toward the 100 entry goal!). We'll reward you with better prizes.

You want to win cool stuff? Help us find our audience and build our community of busy gamers. We'll all be richer for it. You'll enjoy the better prizes and comraderie. And all of the hard work we put into our money pit of a gaming site will be more worthwhile with additional people following who appreciate what we're doing.

So tell a friend, ask a family member to enter, log into iTunes and write anything from a rave to a constructive criticism (slam us if you must, but I don't think we deserve it). And we'll know you're out there, and continue to shell out our hard-earned money for good to great prizes.

Thanks!

Mmm, possible AC2. I'll enter just for that. Though I hate iTunes and don't want to infect my computer with it, so I'll only be entering once this time.

[quote name='BitLooter']Mmm, possible AC2. I'll enter just for that. Though I hate iTunes and don't want to infect my computer with it, so I'll only be entering once this time.[/QUOTE]
Luckily for me, my girlfriend has itunes on her PC so I can cover that.

The iTunes stuff is optional. Only do it if you feel comfortable. The goal is to raise our profile. Alas, iTunes is the only place we see any real exposure for the podcast (other venues seem saturated - we don't even register in the top 200 when searching on our own name on Podcast Alley! #searchfail!).

Frankly, some nights I'd rather play games than stay up to 2-3a editing the podcast (it was 5a one time!). If we don't build an audience, it's going to be hard to stick with it.

It's looking like we might not make it to 100. As of this morning, there are only 45 entries, one new podcast rating and zero reviews. We're not even halfway there. Thanks to the person who rated us (FinalD?)!

Please help us spread the word by retweeting our contest post on Twitter, Facebook or just by telling a friend or two who might be interested.

Since you guys really HATE iTunes, and because we're not going to make it otherwise, we're going to count Twitter followers toward our goal.

That puts us at 73% - we just need 27 more actions by 5p Pacific on Thursday to unlock the AC2 giveaway.

You can win back to back prizes from the weekly giveaway, so feel free to enter for The Princess Bride Game for an extra point (you can say that you don't actually want to receive it if you're drawn the winner).

Details on the new deal here:
http://www.busygamernews.com/2010/02/free_stuff_friday_update_-_unl.html

Enter to win the prize here:
http://www.busygamernews.com/2010/02/free_stuff_friday_-_the_prince.html

Rate/review the podcast here:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=336515867

Follow Gamewatcher on Twitter here:
http://twitter.com/Gamewatcher

Up to 4 actions per person (rating and reviewing on iTunes count as two separate actions!).

We can DO this.

entered the princess bride thing (I know who would play that game), and reviewed the podcast :)
Yey me, I contribute 2% towards the win :)

About 2 hours left and we need 7 more. Looks like we're going to be short.

Two people could make this happen if they haven't done any of the actions yet and aren't put off by iTunes.

If this doesn't happen, we'll have to reset and figure out whether to try again next week with a DS game (might be slightly more popular) or set a higher Twitter follower goal (say, 700) and hold off on AC2 until we reach it. Probably won't sell it at this point - we're so CLOSE.

Sorry, I won't help until you find a better console. 360? You should be embarassed.

Then again it doesn't help that I've never used nor will use Itunes. Nor Twitter... Why can't people just use normal forums anymore?

We made it!

Sorry you don't like the 360 or iTunes. There are times I hate both, and times when they're truly great. Most of the time they're somewhere in the middle, or leaning toward the positive.

I actually have all major consoles, but the 360 is my go to system.

[quote name='DPsx7']Sorry, I won't help until you find a better console. 360? You should be embarassed.

Then again it doesn't help that I've never used nor will use Itunes. Nor Twitter... Why can't people just use normal forums anymore?[/QUOTE]

....You serious???.1,hes giving out stuff other than games for the 360,2.The 360 is a great console.Maybe one day your parents will buy you one for your sweet 16 or something.Btw,you should be "embarassed" for being a jackass and for not knowing how to spell while trying to put someone down for owning a console your parents won't buy you ;).

edit:Btw grats on makign it!

bread's done
Back