Free Subscription to Maxim

[quote name='luvmysegadc']CAGs, try this link instead: https://www.mercurymagazines.com/pr1/169/16900?sssdmh=dm5.162017

I was able to finish the submission this way (for sh*ts and giggles, I googled "free maxim subscription 2010" and this was one of the links that came up). The Maxim mag box will already be checked for you. You will just have to choose 3 more.

Thanks, OP, for the original link. Feel free to add this new one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Had to use the other link ^

This might be a stupid person, but what exactly is Mercury Magazines getting out of this? Somehow I don't think they're giving away free magazines just for the hell of it.

Doesn't work for me. It tells me to select the magazine but there is no way to select it. Clicking the box doesn't do anything. First attempt was FF then IE then chrome.

[quote name='BitLooter']This might be a stupid person, but what exactly is Mercury Magazines getting out of this? Somehow I don't think they're giving away free magazines just for the hell of it.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't know where Mercury Magazines gets their money, but magazines make a lot more money off of ads than they do off of paid subscriptions. So by giving you a free subscription to a magazine they're essentially getting you to be excited about receiving a pamphlet full of ads in your mailbox each month. At least that's my theory on the whole matter.

[quote name='erik_wolff']Tried both links and still can't select Maxim. I've not even heard of the other mags I've seen on there.[/QUOTE]

Believe me, it sucks. I signed up for some live sound magazines and film making magazines a few years ago from Mercury, and while the film making ones weren't bad, having to get a live sound magazine every month became frustrating.

[quote name='Lost Loser']I honestly don't know where Mercury Magazines gets their money, but magazines make a lot more money off of ads than they do off of paid subscriptions. So by giving you a free subscription to a magazine they're essentially getting you to be excited about receiving a pamphlet full of ads in your mailbox each month. At least that's my theory on the whole matter.[/QUOTE]
Bingo. The wider the subscriber base, the more the advertisers are willing to pay.

Well tried again. Hopefully I'll get something.

Edit: Ohhh it worked this time. My sub renewed til jan, 2011. Last time I was able to sign up too but the sub didn't renew.

[quote name='spedmunki']Still waiting the 4-8 weeks for my other sub.[/QUOTE]

go to the maxim website to check your subscription. Last time I did this my subscription did not renew. This time it did.

Hmmmm the maxim site says I dont have a subscription even though I did it last time this offer was up. Should I do it again or has it possibly just not gone through yet?

[quote name='RockMySocks10']tempting, but I'm only 18, still live with my parents, and don't want the embarrassment.[/QUOTE]

Embarrassment of liking to look at women? I see no problem here.

My first sub for this never even came.

[quote name='luan87us']go to the maxim website to check your subscription. Last time I did this my subscription did not renew. This time it did.[/QUOTE]

How do I check my subscription on their site? Mercury never gave me any sort of confirmation code or anything, they just said I would start receiving it in 4-8 weeks

i just made it get delivered to my girlfriends house under my name..... cant wait to see what the future mother in law has to say..... (evil laugh)

Our records show that your last order was placed on Feb. 08, 2010 for 12 issues.
Your expiration date is JAN 2011 and your balance due is $.00.

So my order got placed, just have to wait. Can you stack subscriptions?

[quote name='spedmunki']So my order got placed, just have to wait. Can you stack subscriptions?[/QUOTE]

I actually had mine say that as well, but on an issue I got recently, it says my subscription is until April 2012. That was before this and the other Maxim subs, so I should have it until 2014. And yeah, Maxim subs stack.

I put that I work in the travel industry -> hospitality -> advertising -> account executive and it let me select three others. I got baseline, some meat and poultry mag :)lol:) and some IBM mag.

Thanks, OP!

[quote name='RockMySocks10']tempting, but I'm only 18, still live with my parents, and don't want the embarrassment.[/QUOTE]

Same with me, as awesome as this free subscription is, I'm gonna be forced to pass it up
If only I had really chill parents like some friends I know.

[quote name='animeomega']Same with me, as awesome as this free subscription is, I'm gonna be forced to pass it up
If only I had really chill parents like some friends I know.[/QUOTE]

It's not like there's gaping vaginas gracing the cover or anything... Maxim has articles on video games, movies, clothing, on and on. It also contains famous women in bikinis or underwear. I don't see why being 18, you wouldn't be able to look at a magazine you can buy in grocery stores..

Jumped on this again. Tried to get one of the free subs back in July, even got the confirmation email and never received an issue. Maybe better luck this time?

I'm starting to think it might not stack... Because my January 2010 issue says my sub is until April 2012, and the issues I got yesterday say January 2011.. So, once next month rolls around, then I'll know what the deal actually is...

[quote name='Vulgarism']I'm starting to think it might not stack... Because my January 2010 issue says my sub is until April 2012, and the issues I got yesterday say January 2011.. So, once next month rolls around, then I'll know what the deal actually is...[/QUOTE]
Where on the mag does it say when your sub expires?

[quote name='genfuyung']Where on the mag does it say when your sub expires?[/QUOTE]

On the address label, look for three letters of a month (MAR) and the two numbers (10) and that'll be when it expires. So, if your sub expired this month, it'd be MAR10.

bread's done
Back