Free Sword Contest from Marvel-Ous!

[quote name='Shimoto']Anyone else get their sword recently?[/quote]

I won the Master Sword back in late Nov and it came in the mail a few days before Christmas.

[quote name='Shimoto']Anyone else get their sword recently?[/quote]

I won the week of 11/12 contest and haven't gotten anything yet. That's about 9 weeks so far for me.

For those of you who have no received you sword:

We are currently trying to work this out with King of Swords. Apparently most, if not all contest from October until now have not been fulfilled. Please know that we are doing our best to make sure the winners receive their swords ASAP.

Just wanted to update this thread and tell everyone that I won. Hot damn. Now I can cut sandwiches with Hiro's sword or something. For those interested, my winning caption:

Hiro: I've never gotten to third base before.
Sylar: Wrong hole.

Classy comedy, I know. Thanks OP for posting, very excited to get the sword.

congrats, i probably should have went for a caption in english. I mean, why would the japanese dude speak japanese?

Just so you guys know this was posted from Dack today:

Dear Marvel-Ous.com members,

I would like to formally apologize to those of you who have yet to receive their sword from our weekly sword contest. As you may know, our contest is completely sponsored by King of Swords. Since they have complete control over when and what swords are shipped out, we have been unable to fix and provide resolutions ourselves.

Unfortunately, King Of Swords has seemed to have ceased all communication with us. We have emailed them multiple times to find out what is going on to no avail. We are not sure why there is a sudden lack of communication and we are very troubled by it.

It seems to us as if they have not shipped or even received the addresses for the last 5 or 6 sword winners. We are trying everything we can to get them shipped out to you. Sadly, the only thing we can recommend is to email King Of Swords, tell them who you are, what you won from where and your address, and ask for your sword.

For the foreseeable future, there will be no sword contests. We deeply apologize for all of these problems, and hope you will continue to support us.

Thank you,

Dack
Founder and Comander and Chief
Marvel-Ous.com

I decided to do some research... I think you'll all be interested. Maybe someone should let the guys at marvelous know, maybe they don't care lol. I just was a little bored and curious...

Whois info:
Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: KINGOFSWORDS.COM
Created on: 15-Nov-04
Expires on: 15-Nov-16
Last Updated on: 02-Aug-07

Administrative Contact:
Marlatt, Scott [email protected]
The Millennium Empire
3000 Johnson Ferry Rd
SUITE 103/104
Marietta, Georgia 30062
United States
4045435882 Fax -- 7705527714

The Millenium Empire's "website":
http://helpmenow123.com/
(Strange url... i know but that seems to be their site....)

So now that we know who's in charge let's see what we find on the internets... first stop the BBB:

http://atlanta.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=39&bbb=0443&firm=12001341

Principal: Mr. Scott Marlatt Customer Contact: Mr. Scott Marlatt Employees: 1
Yup it's all run by himself. That's why you can't get any contact from him I suspsect.

Also down at the bottom of the page...

Customer Experience
Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record.

The BBB processed a total of 284 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period.Of the total of 284 complaints closed in 36 months, 157 were closed in the last year.

The vast majority of the complains resulted in "Company cannot be located." :/ Found lots of other people who actually purchased swords from them and never received them after months and months.

Hi, I'm Dack the founder and president of Marvel-Ous.

I feel utterly awful that some of you did not receive any swords. I've tried everything I can to get into contact with him, but it seems as if they have dropped off the face of the earth.

If you don't know much about our site, please realize that we are an independent Gaming and Entertainment site. The majority of our staff are simple fans and buffs, with most of them even being avid CAGers. We don't have the assets to fully go after them, so there is sadly, and I hate to say it, nothing I can do to get people's swords out. I'm in the same boat as all of you as far as contacting them.

Now, the reason I am posting here is because I want to be a part in helping the most I can to get King of Swords to send out the swords that you are entitled to own.

It troubles me so much to know that we've ran contests that have disappointed people, but please do remember our contest has sent EVERY sword from July-late October (when KoS stopped shipping). So, please don't think this contest was at all a sham! We would never run a contest knowing the prize wouldn't be delivered. The last thing we want to do is hurt people. Our mission is to treat readers with respect and loyalty.

If you have ANY question for me, please do ask it.

Thank you.

[quote name='dack']Hi, I'm Dack the founder and president of Marvel-Ous.
snip[/quote]

Heh I understand Dack, and I'm sure everyone else does that it's not your fault at all.

Heck I appreciate all the effort you took to bring us the contest in the first place ;)

[quote name='CombatFrog']Heh I understand Dack, and I'm sure everyone else does that it's not your fault at all.

Heck I appreciate all the effort you took to bring us the contest in the first place ;)[/quote]

Seconded, Marvel-Ous deserves a great deal of praise for supplying weapons to CAGs for as long as it did :).

I have to admit though, a few of us here at the Florida Institute of Technology (my college, we won 4-5 swords here alone) were wondering how King of Swords was going to react when they realized that the same 16-20 people were entering these contests.

As in, I imagine their sales traffic didn't increase in the slightest from these contests, so it was probably a matter of time until they bailed. But I can't blame that on Marvel-Ous. Sucks the way it ended, but I say it was good while it lasted. Thanks again Dack, I'm looking forward to your next CAG/Marvel-Ous project.

~HotShotX

Just as an update, this whole thing might have a happy ending. I emailed King of Swords directly about my contest win and they replied within a few minutes, asking for my shipping address. So, if/when it comes, I'll be sure to post, but there's some hope to be had here.

Contact them about it. I won a sword in October and finally contacted them about it last week. They said my sword was out of stock and that I could choose a new one of equal/less value. Chose one and mailed them back. They said my (replacement) sword would be shipped yesterday.

Just as an update, I got my Hiro Heroes sword yesterday. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but it's sweet. Thanks again to the OP and props to King of Swords and Marvel-ous for coming through in the end.

Well, looks like I'm late to the party. That's a bummer. Hopefully some contest along these lines pops up again. Congrats to all the winners.

bread's done
Back