Free Sword from King of Swords

I also sent in my entry. Wow it is really nice of them to let us use the same domain, if the page rank is at least PR2. That was kind of easy.

BTW, I wonder if posting something on your Wikipedia talk page counts as a blog post... LOL!

I guess I didn't read the contest over enough. Now I have to find another site, and send it in again. Well, at least we get to choose what dagger we want this time.

YAY! I received my sword on Saturday, it is fairly good construction, the only gripe I have is all that power they put on it stained the black cloth. Does anyone know how to get that off?

I will also here soon put in my link for a dagger.

sorry for sounding like an ass, but, your "friend" gets banned, and you're a new user with 2 posts?[quote name='crittbeast']Where did you gusy post your entry at? My friend tried posting in CAG OffTopic and got banned...?:whistle2:k[/quote]

[quote name='LarryGe']sorry for sounding like an ass, but, your "friend" gets banned, and you're a new user with 2 posts?[/quote]

;) it was a stupid reason for being banned anyway ;) But aaanyways ;) Yeah "he" just figured since off topic means off topic.. yeah lol so, what forum are you gusy posting on if it is in CAG, if not never mind :)

[quote name='crittbeast'];) it was a stupid reason for being banned anyway ;) But aaanyways ;) Yeah "he" just figured since off topic means off topic.. yeah lol so, what forum are you gusy posting on if it is in CAG, if not never mind :)[/quote]

It means off-topic not be stupid and spam advertisements.

Looks like spaces.live.com is nearly filled up.

And I must be one that likes simplicity in his daggers, because I went with #2 and #5.

All those daggers look awesome. The 3rd one is totally badass, even though it is small and impractical. BTW my sword should be here today. Very exciting...

[quote name='Rig']And I must be one that likes simplicity in his daggers, because I went with #2 and #5.[/QUOTE]
Similarly, I went with #5 and #2.

ok, somebody needs to delete one of the threads, it doesnt feel right to have 2 threads on the same topic, the OP on one of the threads should change the name to "King of Swords Contest thread"...or something like that, since we know there will be more contests to come in the future

i like 2 because its simple too, but i couldnt resist number 3 because it was so cool!

Whoo-Hoo! Last week, my sword came in, but the sheath broke that day. I emailed the King to see if I could get a new one. He said that they'll ship a new one free of charge. I just checked my mail, and they sent a whole new sword! (Plus, the new one is a lot more sturdy. I doubt it's full tang, but it's still better quality.)

Also, I agree with a few people above me. I like daggers 2 and 5. While three looks cool, it's VERY impractical.

[quote name='Thebobert5']Whoo-Hoo! Last week, my sword came in, but the sheath broke that day. I emailed the King to see if I could get a new one. He said that they'll ship a new one free of charge. I just checked my mail, and they sent a whole new sword! (Plus, the new one is a lot more sturdy. I doubt it's full tang, but it's still better quality.)

Also, I agree with a few people above me. I like daggers 2 and 5. While three looks cool, it's VERY impractical.[/quote]

Hmm, I wonder if I tell them that my sheath "broke" if they'll send me a new sword.

How long did it take you guys to get your confirmation e-mail? I think I sent in my link a little later than you guys and I heard some of you said it took a little over the 72 hour wait. I've followed the directions so I think I should get a confirmation but I'm just wondering if they don't send e-mails to unsuccessful entrants? I would assume that they have a ton of entries and it will take some time to look over all of them so will my confirmation e-mail (assuming I do get one).

[quote name='AndrewCP']How long did it take you guys to get your confirmation e-mail? I think I sent in my link a little later than you guys and I heard some of you said it took a little over the 72 hour wait. I've followed the directions so I think I should get a confirmation but I'm just wondering if they don't send e-mails to unsuccessful entrants? I would assume that they have a ton of entries and it will take some time to look over all of them so will my confirmation e-mail (assuming I do get one).[/quote]

I got my sword this past friday and I never received any confirmation email whatsoever. Even if you don't receive an email there is still a chance you will get your sword. :applause:

Well my sword arrived this morning just before I left for work. Unfortunately I won't be able to open it until tonight. I'll try to post pictures.

[quote name='moiety']Well my sword arrived this morning just before I left for work. Unfortunately I won't be able to open it until tonight. I'll try to post pictures.[/quote] Did you get a tracking number for it?

[quote name='kensterdotnet']Did you get a tracking number for it?[/quote]
Yes way back on June 28th. Shipping was delayed - it finally left GA last Friday, and arrived today.

As promised, a picture:

I'm happy with what I got. Probably the coolest thing I've ever gotten for free. Thanks once again OP!

Mine's yet to arrive...
I checked the Fed Ex and it says it was damaged and it said it arrived somewhere and someone signed...
I wonder if they're gunna send me another...

Got my sword today. If I paid money for it, I'd be disappointed, but it's not bad for a freebie.:)

Just gotta say though, FedEx Home Delivery is so odd. I usually have no problems with other FedEx services, but every time it's Home Delivery, they always update my delivery status way early. Like they say it was delivered at 1-2 PM, but they don't really come until around 9 PM. And today was even weirder. Instead of a FedEx truck, some minivan pulled into my driveway (it wasn't marked FedEx or anything) and a guy just ran out with a box and left without even ringing the doorbell. Good thing my room has a view of the driveway/street.

Pics here, if anyone's interested.

[quote name='Miranda']Got my sword today. If I paid money for it, I'd be disappointed, but it's not bad for a freebie.:)

Just gotta say though, FedEx Home Delivery is so odd. I usually have no problems with other FedEx services, but every time it's Home Delivery, they always update my delivery status way early. Like they say it was delivered at 1-2 PM, but they don't really come until around 9 PM. And today was even weirder. Instead of a FedEx truck, some minivan pulled into my driveway (it wasn't marked FedEx or anything) and a guy just ran out with a box and left without even ringing the doorbell. Good thing my room has a view of the driveway/street.

Pics here, if anyone's interested.[/quote]

Just like mine, a piece of shit. A ton of wood is exposed on mine and when ever I pick it up it just wobbles all over the place. But, it's free so I don't give a fuck.

I stripped the handle to the wood hoping it was screwed in like some are so I could tighten the blade, no go. It wields better with the wood handle anyways, feels more like an extension of my body than some cheap cloth.

bread's done
Back