Free t-shirt with pre-order of LOTR War in the North

jthieme

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Not a huge deal but for those on the fence or of those who have already pre-ordered and didn't know. Pre-order Lord of the Rings War in the North and you are eligible for a free t-shirt if you fill out this form on their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/lotrwitn?sk=app_169996286421494

T-shirt description (pic on the facebook site):
Front: Silhouettes of our three main weapons classes representing Farin, Andriel and Eradan. Text reads "Defenders Of The North: A New Fellowship Unites". A couple of cool details, such as the left text which says "Decapitating Orcs Since the Third Age" and the right text which says, "Estb: 3018 T.A. Bree".

Info:
18+ Only
US Only
Sizes S-XL Only
Delivery is 8-10 weeks from an external fulfillment house.
Works on existing or new pre-orders
Works on any pre-order location (whatever is your preferred retail outlet)
Works on any Sku, including OnLive or Collector's Editions
Must upload a picture of you face with your invoice (see rules on the site)

Most important: The form MUST be filled out prior to 10/31's cutoff time as noted in the rules

Wow thanks for posting this dude! I would've never been able to find out about this on my own. (I preordered this game like a year ago when it was still 56 bucks at amazon LOL)

Yeah, I wasn't too keen about posting my picture either but I sent them my ugly mug. The things I will do for a free t-shirt. I don't have a facebook account and can confirm you don't need one to fill out the form. I had pre-ordered from Amazon a while back as well since they have a $20 bonus credit and just happened to stumble accross a post made by one of the Snowblind community managers on Neogaf letting us know about the promotion.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Hmm cool promotion, don't get the part about the picture though. Are we just supposed to take a webcam picture of us holding our receipt?[/QUOTE]

I used a real camera for the picture. I would have been pretty easy to use the webcam instead but their terms state the receipt must be clearly legible in the picture and they can deny you for any reason so I rather play it safe. Webcams don't have enough resolution to pull that off, unless you have an hd webcam.

Yeah, I used a regular camera too. Held it at arms length and took a picture of me holding the invoice and made sure I could read the test on the invoice. I haven't received any sort of feedback regarding my submission though so I have no idea if it was acceptable. I would be curious to know if anyone else gets an email from them regarding their submission.

I'm not endorsing this or whatever, but wouldn't it be possible to pre-order this from say Amazon, snap the pic of you with the invoice, submit the form, and then cancel the order? Again, I don't plan on doing this, and I hope others don't either but it seems like a silly way to do a promotion, there's very little verification here (unless I'm missing something).

And I still don't get the purpose of having a photo of your face for "identification purposes". What could they possibly need to identify that badly that they need an actual photo? Are they seriously going to cross-check people with their drivers licenses, passports, etc....? Seems a bit out there just for a free T-shirt no?

[quote name='jthieme']Yeah, I used a regular camera too. Held it at arms length and took a picture of me holding the invoice and made sure I could read the test on the invoice. I haven't received any sort of feedback regarding my submission though so I have no idea if it was acceptable. I would be curious to know if anyone else gets an email from them regarding their submission.[/QUOTE]

I bet there won't be any emails. These type of promotions, rebates and generally stuff with leave-us-alone-you'll-get-it-when-you-get-it time frames in their terms like "Allow 8-10 weeks for delivery", which is a polite way of saying 2-3 months, they never email anybody. These things are usually processed by a lone worker in a dark basement. They're the kinds of things you totally forget you applied for, and then literally months later, a weird package or envelope shows up in your mailbox and BAM! A check for $7.99 for the rebate for that weird contraption you bought last year and justified the purchase in your head imagining the rebate money presented to you in a giant check by models on national TV. Or in this case, a T-shirt. Let's hope 3 months from now I'm the same size I am today. (Christmas is coming, are you kidding me? Hello Roasted pork leg! LOL).

[quote name='ssjmichael']And I still don't get the purpose of having a photo of your face for "identification purposes". What could they possibly need to identify that badly that they need an actual photo? Are they seriously going to cross-check people with their drivers licenses, passports, etc....? Seems a bit out there just for a free T-shirt no?[/QUOTE]

"Identification purposes" is code talk for "We want to make it a tiny bit more annoying for hoarders are duplicate submitters to pull this off. Now you have to snap another pic with a family member, do the hypothetical preorder and cancel from amazon someone suggested above, etc. Deterrent enough for people as lazy as I am.

had this preordered at amazon, cancelled it, just looks like dragon age with lotr. id really like for it to be more, but there is just too much else coming out to take the chance on a dud.

[quote name='ritchardf']had this preordered at amazon, cancelled it, just looks like dragon age with lotr. id really like for it to be more, but there is just too much else coming out to take the chance on a dud.[/QUOTE]

I ordered for the fact alone that this was made by the same team who made my favorite game of all time, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance for the PS2. We have played that game in co-op with my wife probably 10 times together and we have been waiting for a game like that on this gaming generation for more than 5 years. Apparently, this is that game. (I'm not taking into account downloadable games like torchlight, or Dungeon Hunter, neither actual duds like Dungeon Siege III which was such a disappointment) But your dud theory is not totally unfounded, there's always the chance for that. So I also have the game in my Gamefly queue. If the game is actually bad, I won't open my amazon copy.

So if you ordered from AMZ should you just do a screenshot or print/scan it? This is WAY more confusing than it should be.

Go to your amazon preorder, and click where it says "Print an Invoice". That's what you need to print since it contains only the relevant info.

For some reason now I'm really wishing I had preordered this on Onlive a couple weeks ago. With the playpack discount I coulda gotten the game, another free game or console and this tshirt for under $40. They changed the preorder promo though and its become much less appealing

You are farther along than me, just completed the barrows on my save. I've been playing co-op with my daughter and she's been too busy with finals and work lately to play. Hopefully will play some more over the holidays, it's a fun co-op game.

[quote name='jthieme']You are farther along than me, just completed the barrows on my save. I've been playing co-op with my daughter and she's been too busy with finals and work lately to play. Hopefully will play some more over the holidays, it's a fun co-op game.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm only stuck there cause of a bug. They're just taking forever to patch. We started playing Dungeon Siege 3 instead, which is even less polished =P

bread's done
Back