Free to first 16, L.A. Noire DLC at midnight Launch

casperinian

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SonyFanboy#1']What if our store isnt having a midnight launch? Can we still get the DLC?[/QUOTE]

It will likely be available on XBLM at some point, like the RDR DLC.

[quote name='SonyFanboy#1']What if our store isnt having a midnight launch? Can we still get the DLC?[/QUOTE]

I don't have an exact answer for you but I would advise calling them in case they sent out DLC to all stores by mistake. The worst they can tell you is they don't. This will be offered a regular DLC after launch.

I wonder if the turnout is going to be huge..I plan on getting there at 11:15 or so with PSP Go in tow. But I just don't see this as being a huge midnight release, but I'm excited b/c I haven't been to one since MW 2 release..and goddamn, I'm 30 years old still doing this sh*t :lol:

If its anything like past midnight releases with free swag, I guarantee if you are waiting at the doors on Tuesday, they will have whatever leftover swag there is on a table next to the game, just pick it up..I remember that was the deal with Blops, they had that stupid map, there were literally 15 of them the next day when they were only 'promised' for midnight release attendees..NOW, if your store isn't doing a midnight opening, then I would say there is a 25% chance they got the material sent to the store, but I doubt it..Maybe BB only had limited quantities and picked the best stores to send them to/have them open at midnight..

Call your stores to make sure they're actually doing the midnight opening. Turns out the one I ordered the game at exclusively because of the midnight opening was never actually scheduled to participate despite being advertised as such.

[quote name='token2k6']I wonder if the turnout is going to be huge..I plan on getting there at 11:15 or so with PSP Go in tow. But I just don't see this as being a huge midnight release, but I'm excited b/c I haven't been to one since MW 2 release..and goddamn, I'm 30 years old still doing this sh*t :lol:

If its anything like past midnight releases with free swag, I guarantee if you are waiting at the doors on Tuesday, they will have whatever leftover swag there is on a table next to the game, just pick it up..I remember that was the deal with Blops, they had that stupid map, there were literally 15 of them the next day when they were only 'promised' for midnight release attendees..NOW, if your store isn't doing a midnight opening, then I would say there is a 25% chance they got the material sent to the store, but I doubt it..Maybe BB only had limited quantities and picked the best stores to send them to/have them open at midnight..[/QUOTE]

I don't see it as being a big thing either, it's not like they really hyped it. Gamestop did tell me when I ordered it I could go to their store and pick it up tonight but I have work anyway so.

"Plus, while supplies last, each store will be giving away free Coke products, a download code for an in-game "Nicholson Electroplating" case, and more."

Never been to midnight release, any ideas what coke products and more will be there? Trying to figure out if its worth it to drag my lazy ass out there.

Should waits for Kmart deal. Buy LA Noir get Free $20 game & free $20 off coupon. Pretty much get 2nd free game for $20 or less ;)

[quote name='nixmahn']"Plus, while supplies last, each store will be giving away free Coke products, a download code for an in-game "Nicholson Electroplating" case, and more."

Never been to midnight release, any ideas what coke products and more will be there? Trying to figure out if its worth it to drag my lazy ass out there.[/QUOTE]

For the Black Ops midnight, I got a free can of Coke Zero. No guarantee it's the same, but it's an indication of what to expect.

What about the $15 gift card and/or preorder DLC from Best Buy? Stackable (so to speak)? That is to say, can you preorder and pick it up at midnight from a store?

Here are the details of the midnight launch. Only the stores listed on the website in an above post will be receiving cards with the codes. If your store isn't on that official list, they will not have codes. As for the Coke product, it's just a 20oz out of their cooler. Every midnight store will be receiving both PS3 and 360 codes, but they are only allowed to hand out 16 total codes, I assume for vendor reasons.

^dude, if that is true and I get a 360 code, but am getting the game on the PS3 I am going to bitch like a little baby, thats not right..

[quote name='fuze9']What about the $15 gift card and/or preorder DLC from Best Buy? Stackable (so to speak)? That is to say, can you preorder and pick it up at midnight from a store?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you get the preorder code, the coupon and the midnight code, assuming you placed the preorder at a midnight release store.

At first I was gonna just sleep in and pick up the game in the morning. Since there is a chance that I can get a free can of coke if I go at midnight, I guess I will be standing in line tonight!

[quote name='token2k6']^dude, if that is true and I get a 360 code, but am getting the game on the PS3 I am going to bitch like a little baby, thats not right..[/QUOTE]
No, I think you misunderstood. They are getting codes for both systems, specifically to make sure you get the right code for the right system. But they are only handing out 16 codes total. You buy the game, they hand you the code for your perferred system, and after 16 people get codes they stop handing them out.

[quote name='melancholysp']No, I think you misunderstood. They are getting codes for both systems, specifically to make sure you get the right code for the right system. But they are only handing out 16 codes total. You buy the game, they hand you the code for your perferred system, and after 16 people get codes they stop handing them out.[/QUOTE]

whew, ok, so then you're looking at maybe 8 & 8? who knows really I guess...I'm sure I'll come out on top though :)

[quote name='casperinian']I apologize if this has been posted but I couldn't find it in the weekly ads.[/QUOTE]

I love how everyone puts something to this effect in when creating a post. Nerd raging losers have scared everyone.

Oh and I don't plan on waiting at midnight for this or any other game for that matter. Best Buy actually start bombarding me on Facebook with event requests for these silly things. I try to give them as little of my business as possible so the last thing you'd find me doing is waiting outside one of their stores at midnight.

bread's done
Back