Free Trial Month of Gamefly.

i signed up and got an email saying my account has been cancelled because you can only do 1 trial per household

so just a warning to those who celebrated early

[quote name='machoman_93']YES! THIS! I want this done! Netflix + Gamefly = best rental company ever. Just one thing, what are they gonna call it? Gamesnflix is already taken.[/quote]

Just call it Netflix. iTunes kept their name, even after they started selling movies, tv shows, games, and apps.

I'm surprised Netflix hasn't started offering games yet. They already have the infrastructure set up, and it would just be a matter of getting games in stock and coming up with new plans for game rentals.

Yeah, using the same address will get the account cancelled. I've tried numerous combinations of emails and cards, but each has been shot down. Looks like I'm done with Gamefly until they feel like either A) stocking more new releases. Or B) lowering their price. Paying for that service right now just isn't worth it to me.

[quote name='mythus']As a current gamefly subscriber, the service is already terrible. Takes about a week and a half for a full switch. Not only that, its been about a week since i put 2 different games on queue without any of them shipping. I bought a 2 months/ 2 games at a time off ebay, but i most likely will cancel once that is done with.[/quote]

I did a free trial in August. When I sent a game back, they received it the very next day, sent the next game that day, and I received it one or two days later, and I always received the games from the top of my queue.

[quote name='machoman_93']YES! THIS! I want this done! Netflix + Gamefly = best rental company ever. Just one thing, what are they gonna call it? Gamesnflix is already taken.[/quote]

I'd guess they'd keep Netflix in the name since it has more brand recognition. Probably call it Netflix+ and charge a higher monthly fee for access to movies and games.

[quote name='El_Vega']I'd guess they'd keep Netflix in the name since it has more brand recognition. Probably call it Netflix+ and charge a higher monthly fee for access to movies and games.[/quote]

That could work but it would be better to have a side branch or something so you can only sign up to rent just games instead of being charged extra for both, I get what you mean though.

Just signed up for this trial, Hopefully itll work as ive abused 2 free months already and this would be
my 3rd. Im still really pissed off about renting NG2 and having it freeze on chapter 10 for me so i never got to complete it, Therefore im renting it again.

i did the deal where you get 400 points for signing up. i chose the 2 at a time plan for $10 for the first month. i thought it was a pretty good deal considering i get $5 worth of microsoft points plus 2 games out at once.

Thanks OP I have been waiting for a free trial to pop up. And just FYI, if it isn't already obvious to people, you don't need to be a netflix subscriber to get this deal.

Used different email and CC # and it worked, haven't gotten the cancellation email yet so it's looking good. Just in time for Force Unleashed and Armor Core. I hope I'll get Socom when it comes out.

I signed up and my games shipped the next day and took 1 day to arrive. I live pretty close to their distribution center in City of Industry so that's probably why.

So far so good.

I'm going to try and sign up since a lot of you have successfully signed up with no probs. Gamefly's service has been pretty good. I got Soul Calibur IV a week and a half after its release date. The game arrived in 2 days, I was pretty impressed. Returned that and received another game in ~3 days. Maybe it helps that I live in CA since they have a shipping center in LA. I'm definitely interested in signing up again.

I signed up on Thursday or Friday and had emails saying my first two games havae shipped by the next day, so I'm hoping they arrive today. Granted, I'm in the Dallas area and they have a center in Austin. One was even a new release..... but it was Hell's Kitchen for Wii. lol.

[quote name='Metalic']That could work but it would be better to have a side branch or something so you can only sign up to rent just games instead of being charged extra for both, I get what you mean though.

Just signed up for this trial, Hopefully itll work as ive abused 2 free months already and this would be
my 3rd. Im still really pissed off about renting NG2 and having it freeze on chapter 10 for me so i never got to complete it, Therefore im renting it again.[/QUOTE]

doubt they will ever merger. Netflix has said a number of times they have no interest in renting video games the cost would be too high for the avg person .....

gamefly seems down again

if you get games quick there is a way to get an extra game

Say your billing runs Jan 1 to jan 31

ARound jan 28 you can upgrade to the next plan and get another game shipped out (be like 75 cents)

as soon as they ship downgrade... They will give you under FEB 10 to get your number of games back down to your price plan.

I did this a few times to get a newer game shipped

The site was working again this morning, so I tried to sign up. Within 3 hours, they sent me an e-mail canceling the free membership because I used to be a member. I even used a different e-mail address and credit card–they caught it through the mailing address. Oh well.

i signed up with the same card, different email, and I just added 2nd floor to the address. I already have resistance, and waiting for Rock band to get in stock

Signed up on Friday night - my first two games shipped out sometime Sat afternoon. Hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow, we'll see.

Kinda bugs me that my #17 and #19 titles shipped (DMC 4 and Virtua Fighter 5 - both I wanna try badly so I'm not too ticked), but I guess I should've seen that coming. Hopefully having Dead Space as my #1 already will help my efforts to get it within the first week of release...

I've tried Gamefly and the shipping times were just too long. They need that system that Netflix has where they can tell when you've sent back a movie and send one out immediately. Netflix envelopes have a barcode that gets scanned at the post office that lets Netflix know that you have sent back a DVD - when they get this notice they send one out to you so that they are both in transit at the same time. It dramatically improved shipping times when they implemented this.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']GameFly has the same thing.[/quote]

I don't think so man, I have gamefly, and they don't send me a new game until I get a notification that they have physically received the previous one that I had.

[quote name='sethg21']I don't think so man, I have gamefly, and they don't send me a new game until I get a notification that they have physically received the previous one that I had.[/quote]

I just edited my post and added the link from their site. They have it. Trust me. I get games shipped out quick all the time.

[quote name='slidecage']Wonder if netflix and gamefly are thinking about doing a merger.. [/quote]
Wow, I'm stupid . . . I always thought Gamefly was owned by Netflix. I have no idea where I got that idea.

I used to have Netflix, way back when they charged by individual rental. I would never rent enough to make it worth it to pay monthly.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I just edited my post and added the link from their site. They have it. Trust me. I get games shipped out quick all the time.[/quote]

Nice... Thanks for the info. I must be in an area that doesn't have the equipment for that then, my post office is really old-school.

[quote name='sethg21']Nice... Thanks for the info. I must be in an area that doesn't have the equipment for that then, my post office is really old-school.[/quote]

Yeah, that is probably the case. If it wasn't for FastReturn, I would probably drop GF. A couple of times when the games weren't scanned, and I had to wait for them to get processed at the facility, the turn around was pretty horrible. But the majority of the time, I get an e-mail within a day or two after I drop the game I am returning off.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, that is probably the case. If it wasn't for FastReturn, I would probably drop GF. A couple of times when the games weren't scanned, and I had to wait for them to get processed at the facility, the turn around was pretty horrible. But the majority of the time, I get an e-mail within a day or two after I drop the game I am returning off.[/QUOTE]

Bizarre - I don't remember seeing this barcode on any of the mailers I got during my trial. And I live in Washington, DC - you'd think they'd have the equipment to scan it...

[quote name='chelosera91']i signed up with the same card, different email, and I just added 2nd floor to the address. I already have resistance, and waiting for Rock band to get in stock

Two tries and both failed.
Maybe it's b/c I have an apartment number. I tried APT #211 first time and Apartment. #211 but somehow they caught on.
Anyone also got their accounts cancelled?

I am upset , they charged my account today and I thought I could cancel today. They keep saying when I try to cancel that I will still be charged the full month even if I cancel. So I don't know what to do. They are basically saying I will be charged if I cancel or I don't cancel

[quote name='mickeyp']I am upset , they charged my account today and I thought I could cancel today. They keep saying when I try to cancel that I will still be charged the full month even if I cancel. So I don't know what to do. They are basically saying I will be charged if I cancel or I don't cancel[/quote]

Well, you could try to contact them, but if your account said your billing cycle would begin today, you're pretty much out of luck.

Well I emailed them and tried to call but they are not there. I guess I will speak to them after the weekend.
edit:
They credited my account and cancelled my membership, so I am happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
i figure i'll only keep this months new releases in my que for the trial, and play a bunch of games I wasn't going to purchase till they were cheap. Worst case, I'm out absolutely nothing.

free month worked for me! Will prolly switch to the 1 game/15.95 plan after 25 days. Nice deal though- I'd been draggin my ass on trying this service out, and right now, games is too much monies!
FTW!

Sorry....I am moronically exhausted...

I hopped on to the month free trial. Hopefully I'll be able to get new-release games with some amount of quickness.
If not, I figure I'll pay for a month or two and play some of Oct/Nov's BIG releases, then maybe cancel after that.
At least I won't have to stress about buying/finding-a-deal/renting them traditionally now.

I'd been planning to subscribe normally to gamefly for some time. This'll be a good gauge for whether I want to continue to pay for it in ensuing months. I probably will. Or maybe I won't.

i am already dissapointed with Gamefly's slow crappy shipping times. I joined on 10/10 and requested Bad Company and it shipped the next day but it is still not here. I was really thinking about keeping this service for another month to rent all the October/November releases but there is no way. I don't expect Dead Space to ship for probably 2 weeks. Gamefly blows.

[quote name='mbeno13']i am already dissapointed with Gamefly's slow crappy shipping times. I joined on 10/10 and requested Bad Company and it shipped the next day but it is still not here. I was really thinking about keeping this service for another month to rent all the October/November releases but there is no way. I don't expect Dead Space to ship for probably 2 weeks. Gamefly blows.[/quote]

Did you even read what you wrote and just think about it for a second? They shipped it the next day. How is anything beyond that GameFly's fault? They don't deliver the mail. You probably are also neglecting the fact that there was a Sunday and a Monday holiday between the time they shipped and now.

If it doesn't come this week, it was likely lost (again, not GF's fault). Contact them and let me know that.

best thing about gamefly is being with them a year having the 10% off and buying new releases from them for 10-15 dollars cheaper than retail.

Columbus day is a bank holiday...plus the shipping time has everything to do with how many shipping depots they have and hence how close it is to where I live. This is my second time trying this service and the 1st time I was able to get one game in the month which took 2 weeks to arrive. If I q a movie in Blockbuster or netflix it is there 1 or 2 days later without fail. That is the type of service I expect.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Did you even read what you wrote and just think about it for a second? They shipped it the next day. How is anything beyond that GameFly's fault? They don't deliver the mail. You probably are also neglecting the fact that there was a Sunday and a Monday holiday between the time they shipped and now.

If it doesn't come this week, it was likely lost (again, not GF's fault). Contact them and let me know that.[/quote]

[quote name='mbeno13']Columbus day is a bank holiday...plus the shipping time has everything to do with how many shipping depots they have and hence how close it is to where I live. This is my second time trying this service and the 1st time I was able to get one game in the month which took 2 weeks to arrive. If I q a movie in Blockbuster or netflix it is there 1 or 2 days later without fail. That is the type of service I expect.[/quote]

...Columbus Day is a federal holiday, genius.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_holiday
http://www.opm.gov/Operating_Status_Schedules/fedhol/2008.asp
http://www.usps.com/communications/newsroom/eventsgallery.htm (check holiday's link on right-side)

EDIT: For the criminally illiterate, the point being made here is that a federal holiday closes down the government, including the post office, and many businesses recognize it, as well. Expecting the mail to flow smoothly after a Sunday and a Monday holiday is silly.

[quote name='whitereflection']You're expecting Netflix service with Gamefly? Netflix has over 50 distribution centers. Gamefly has four.[/quote]

Exactly. That's like expecting a steak when you go into McDonalds. That's simply silly. You know they have only a few distribution centers (it's information readily available), and then you're going to complain about it? That's simply being a bad consumer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=87832"']mbeno13[/URL]]Columbus day is a bank holiday..[/quote]

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Columbus Day is a federal holiday, genius.[/quote]

they're the same thing. now you look like a bigdick don't you bigdaddy?

[quote name='[B']mbeno13[/B]]Columbus day is a bank holiday..[/quote]

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Columbus Day is a federal holiday, genius.[/quote]

they're the same thing. now you look like a bigdick don't you bigdaddy?

[quote name='El_Vega']they're the same thing. now you look like a bigdick don't you bigdaddy?[/quote]

Were you even following the conservation...or just sticking your nose in to look cool? My bad...this is the internet...I should already know the answer to that. He was trying to make it sound like a "bank holiday" doesn't mean anything related to the fact that his shipment isn't arriving when he wants it to. Considering a federal holiday closes the post office, I guess it does mean something. Next time, just mind your business and don't try to look cool on the internet, especially by using such "mature" words as dick.

bread's done
Back