Free Ubuntu CDs.

P0ldy

CAGiversary!
http://shipit.ubuntulinux.org/

For the Linux/adventurous among you usr.

The Ubuntu team will send you Ubuntu CDs at no charge, for you to install and share. We will cover the cost of shipping the CDs to you as well. If you would like to receive Ubuntu CDs, please create a new account and tell us where to send the CDs and how many CDs You would like to receive. We promise that we will never send spam to your email address, and never sell or give away your information.

[quote name='discopenguin816']What exactly is an ubontu CD?[/quote]
A linux distro CD. Am I dreaming or is your icon not the penguin?

I got 60 of these in the mail the other day. I'm going to pass them out to people.

I'm un-glad to find out that my computer still rejects any attempt at running Linux, other than Knoppix. :whistle2:/

Why not go with Gnoppix? It's the gnome version of knoppix on a live cd. I haven't checked in a while, but just google it and it should come right up if the project is still alive.

[quote name='P0ldy']How does it 'reject' it? Doesn't recognise all your hardware?

Knoppix is a sweetheart.[/quote]
It starts loading up and just stops. Red Hat, Fedora, and Linspire do the same things to me. I can get Red Hat/Fedora to get past it by disabling USB probing (It's a problem with my USB controller..) but they still hang sometimes at startup.

I'm just gonna get a Mac. =P (Seriously, I've wanted a Mac for years, and I can dual-boot OS X with Ubuntu or whatever if I want)

[quote name='P0ldy'][quote name='discopenguin816']What exactly is an ubontu CD?[/quote]
A linux distro CD. Am I dreaming or is your icon not the penguin?[/quote]

linuxpenguin9wq.gif

Linux Penguin

penguin9gy.jpg

My avatar Penguin

See, the linux penguin has no mustache :D

Ubuntu is the biggest non gaming software news of 2004. It came from nowhere to become one of the leading Linux distros. Ubuntu is based on Debian Linux, and a new version of Ubuntu is released every 6 months, with 18 months of support per release.

Ubuntu also offers a live CD (like Knoppix), if you want to try it without installing it.

Ubuntu was the them for the ELCA national youth gathering.. Ubuntu is from the Bantu language of sub-Saharan Africa. Roughly translated it means "humanity" and carries with it the concept that to be fully human, one must be in "community" with others. interesting name for the LINUX people to claim.

weird name for a software compnay to use.

[quote name='Mr.Answer']Ubuntu was the them for the ELCA national youth gathering.. Ubuntu is from the Bantu language of sub-Saharan Africa. Roughly translated it means "humanity" and carries with it the concept that to be fully human, one must be in "community" with others. interesting name for the LINUX people to claim.

weird name for a software compnay to use.[/quote]
It says on the front "linux for human beings"

[quote name='discopenguin816'][quote name='P0ldy'][quote name='discopenguin816']What exactly is an ubontu CD?[/quote]
A linux distro CD. Am I dreaming or is your icon not the penguin?[/quote]

linuxpenguin9wq.gif

Linux Penguin

penguin9gy.jpg

My avatar Penguin

See, the linux penguin has no mustache :D[/quote]

And your avatar penguin doesn't have pen-boobs.

bread's done
Back