Free videogame pre-order goodies at Best Buy: Uncharted 2, Ratchet 2 DLC codes + more

Purkeynator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
148 (100%)
I discovered a weird glitch at my local Best Buy in Riverdale Ut. Last week I pre-ordered a copy of Uncharted 2 with the pre-order box that comes with a code inside for gold weapons in the multiplayer mode that is active once the game is released. The pre-order was supposed to be $5 as usual, however after the cashier rang up my reward zone card the pre-order came up as free and I happily walked out with an Uncharted 2 gold weapons code at no cost.
Tonight I figured I would try my luck again and I went for the Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time pre-order box which includes a code for an "Exlusive Power Package" including a weapon skin, extra hit points, and the cryo-mine glove. Once again the pre-order rang up as $5 but as soon as the cashier scanned my rewardzone card it rang up as 0.00 and again I walked out with a a receipt and a pre-order box with code.
I am not sure why this is happening but free DLC is always alright in my book. I don't really care if I actually pick up the game upon release or not as I usually wait for prices to drop way lower than $60 and the pre-order cost me nothing. I am not sure if its the reward zone card itself, the fact that I am in the reward zone gamers club, or the fact that I am a premier silver member. However one thing I am sure of is that the sleuths on CAG with figure it out and "crack the code" in a short time. Then you can all go forth and grab them shits.

*update* September 23: Ok so I may have omitted certain details in my original post. The first purchase I made was actually 2 pre-orders of Uncharted. The second time I tried, I picked up a pre-order of Uncharted and a pre-order of Ratchet. My reasoning was that I did not want to invite the "hoarder" comments that I wrought upon myself in the penny guide thread for snatching up multiple penny guides at once back in the day. The common link the game seems to have over the dozens of comments is that you can only get two pre-orders and one of them must be Uncharted for the "glitch" to work and give you two free pre-orders. As I knew would happen, CAGs cracked the code once again. Well done.

Here is a good list of pre-order bonuses thanks to Jodou:

Here's the compiled list of pre-order bonuses:

Brutal Legend - LP sleeve to hold your game and sports some attractive artwork on the inside cover.

Halo 3: ODST - Unlock Sgt. Avery Johnson for play in the new Firefight mode.

Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time - Unlock the Cryo-Mine glove exclusive weapon skin that yields extra hit points when equipped.

Tekken 6 - Laser cell and tattooed sleeve.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Unlock gold-plated versions of the Beretta and AK-47 for multi-player.

*update Oct 13* Now that Uncharted 2 has been released, many stores have pulled their remaining stock of pre-order boxes from the shelves. It has now become YMMV as to whether you will find out some left over pre-order boxes at your local Best Buy. Apparently if you can find them the deal still works.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think most stores don't have the preorder boxes on the shelf anymore. i checked my local BB, but they didn't have any. if you go back for the R&C bonus, could you nab me an extra uncharted2 preorder?

[quote name='Zeldafanatic15']So is this still going on? Becaue my BB still has U2 pre-order boxes on the shelf. I forgot to pick up the R&C bonus.[/QUOTE]
The game was already out last Tuesday. The preorder box should have been removed last Monday or so. Perhaps if you take it to the media guy at BB, he might let you take the code inside (especially if you are picking up the game at the same time).

[quote name='Zeldafanatic15']So is this still going on? Becaue my BB still has U2 pre-order boxes on the shelf. I forgot to pick up the R&C bonus.[/QUOTE]

i think most stores don't have the preorder boxes on the shelf anymore. i checked my local BB, but they didn't have any. if you go back for the R&C bonus, could you nab me an extra uncharted2 preorder?

Well, I was at BB today and noticed them still on the shelf. I'm wondering if anyone knows if it'll still ring up free with $5 off a game, or both that and a pre-order bonus free.

I've already got 2 unused codes, I just need the R&C code.

[quote name='Zeldafanatic15']Well, I was at BB today and noticed them still on the shelf. I'm wondering if anyone knows if it'll still ring up free with $5 off a game, or both that and a pre-order bonus free.

I've already got 2 unused codes, I just need the R&C code.[/QUOTE]

i thought you had to get one preorder for uncharted 2 for the glitch to work. i don't really need golden guns, but getting them from someone here would just make them even more awesome. if it's too much trouble, then forget it. thanks anyways!

OP is this thread officially dead? Best Buy had a couple things went I stopped by

$10 off coupon for Left4Dead2 w/ reservation
Dragon Armor for Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 w/ Reservation (not 100% on this)
Modern Warfare 2 - Midnight opening with door gifts
Assassins Creed 2 - Midnight opening with door gifts

this is offically DEAD unless you can find a uncharted 2 preorder cause one of the 2 you get free had to be uncharted 2 . and the game is out now so very very unlikely you find one. SORRY

[quote name='KillSwitch DV8']this is offically DEAD unless you can find a uncharted 2 preorder cause one of the 2 you get free had to be uncharted 2 . and the game is out now so very very unlikely you find one. SORRY[/QUOTE]

I mean dead as far as tracking Preorder bonuses from Best Buy? That Uncharted exploit was killed of quickly at my local Best Buy...

[quote name='reddjoey']I mean dead as far as tracking Preorder bonuses from Best Buy? That Uncharted exploit was killed of quickly at my local Best Buy...[/QUOTE]

There is actually another thread that deals exclusively with Best Buy preorder bonuses. This thread was only for the glitch.

bread's done
Back