free wifi router-DEAD....its been a good run

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone from england got their router yet. i geuss i havnt got mine yet cuz im far away from them.

Well, In for 1 thanks OP.

I live on 10 acres in the NE Vermont woods...town has like 2000 ppl all spread out in the woods....doubt anyone is going to use me as an access point, not to many tech savy farmers. Just wanted WiFi for the house. Now if they bill me, i will give it away.

lets see if they send it to the sticks.....

nvm i just got mine.......damn its small......can this be used as an access point? its obviously not a regular router since its only to be use as a wireless router (not a combo wireless/wired)

this is basically a piece of crap.......im really sorry if i got everyones hopes up......but if you already have wifi at your house this is worthless.....for those of you who have no wifi at all this is a blessing........and hey its free

I just got mines a second ago. It is looks pretty cool from the second I had it open, I wanted to keep mines sealed just in case I want to sell it.

Now the descision is if I should use it or sell it, hmmmm.

[quote name='darthbudge']I just got mines a second ago. It is looks pretty cool from the second I had it open, I wanted to keep mines sealed just in case I want to sell it.

Now the descision is if I should use it or sell it, hmmmm.[/quote]

if you already have wifi theres no use for it: sell it

no wifi?: keep it very useful, but every computer/console must have a wireless card or be able to access wifi, because there are no ports to connect you computer with an ethernet wire...only one for your modem

[quote name='LordFungus']Well, In for 1 thanks OP.

I live on 10 acres in the NE Vermont woods...town has like 2000 ppl all spread out in the woods....doubt anyone is going to use me as an access point, not to many tech savy farmers. Just wanted WiFi for the house. Now if they bill me, i will give it away.

lets see if they send it to the sticks.....[/quote]

if you just want wifi for you house...then this is PERFECT for you...however please be aware that you need all of your computers/consoles to be able to access the wifi

Mine arrived yesterday too. I haven't set it up, yet.

Keep an eye on eBay, folks.

As of this post, searching for "la fonera" on eBay yields...

6 complete/ended auctions

4 current US auctions

I just got mine too. Wish I knew of this two months ago when I bought my wireless router. This will be great for my cousin though.

Got mine yesterday. Its a really tiny, slick looking router. I'm not sure if I want to be sharing my internet yet though... maybe in a bit.

Mine came in today around 4 pm. I will probably mess with it this weekend because I'm still a little hesitant about it. Thanks OP!:)

[quote name='hack']Got mine yesterday. Its a really tiny, slick looking router. I'm not sure if I want to be sharing my internet yet though... maybe in a bit.[/quote]
I think you can make money off of it. As in, rent your internet.

got mine today.. i don't got a wireless card so i can't configure it... also i can't seem to get my ds to connect to it.... connection is secured and i put in my wep for it and still nothing :/

I just got mine today. pretty cool. matches my iMac, Wii, and white DS Lite :D It has alright signal strength and easy set up, can't get it to connect to my Wii though. If anyone knows how to get it to connect to a Wii let me know

[quote name='prmononoke']I think you can make money off of it. As in, rent your internet.[/quote]

I'm 100% sure that's against the terms of 100% of the world's ISPs. ;)

[quote name='canvasch']got mine today.. i don't got a wireless card so i can't configure it... also i can't seem to get my ds to connect to it.... connection is secured and i put in my wep for it and still nothing :/[/quote]
Well I had the problem too. In your IP address its getting like stuck between IPs so at the last number of your IP address in the ds add a 1 in front of the numbers like .91 would become .191

And I just ordered mine today so Hopefully I'll get it in time. I need a new router mines like beaten up xD

Got mine yesterday and out of a PC and a Mac I could only get my Wii to connect. The password worked when I entered it on the Wii but it said it was incorrect on the Mac and PC.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']if you just want wifi for you house...then this is PERFECT for you...however please be aware that you need all of your computers/consoles to be able to access the wifi[/QUOTE]

Oh.....My ethernet cable currently plugs into my wired router, which goes to three computers. If I get this, can it go wall -> wired router -> Fonero, or would this need to place my current router (which won't work at all, since my two desktops don't have wifi, and my router is preconfigured to allow me to use my company's VPN tunnel.)
Oh well, I signed up anyway, if it doesn't work, I'll give it away or sell it or something.

WTF it took you guys one week for delivery!!!!!!! I still didn't get mine!!!

...i want it badly....really, really, badly............

I got it two days ago and it's just sitting in front of me collecting dust.
[quote name='SolidMetal']Is it worth it? Really Somewhere it said that there going to bill you. Did anyone get a bill yet?[/quote]
No bill so far.

I got mine, i might sell it to a friend... :) lol, i have a wirlesss router, so why do i need this??? money makin time

EDIT: im gonna check ebay too

[quote name='Slick Pothead92']I got mine, i might sell it to a friend... :) lol, i have a wirlesss router, so why do i need this??? money makin time

EDIT: im gonna check ebay too[/quote]
worst post ever. That was like a total waste for them to give it to you free and you sell it. Sell it and don't tell us ;)

[quote name='WebScud']I'm 100% sure that's against the terms of 100% of the world's ISPs. ;)[/quote]
From Fon.com:

Foneros are members of the FON Community. There are actually three types of Fonero:
  • Most of us are Linuses. That means that we share our WiFi at home and in return get free WiFi wherever we find a FON Access Point.
  • Aliens are people who don’t share their WiFi yet. We charge them just €/$ 3 for a Day Pass to access the FON Community.
  • Bills are in business and so want to make some money from their WiFi. Instead of free roaming, they get a 50% share of the money that Aliens pay to access the Community through their FON Access Point. They can also advertise their business on their personalized FON Access Point homepage.

[quote name='prmononoke']From Fon.com:

Foneros are members of the FON Community. There are actually three types of Fonero:
  • Most of us are Linuses. That means that we share our WiFi at home and in return get free WiFi wherever we find a FON Access Point.
  • Aliens are people who don’t share their WiFi yet. We charge them just €/$ 3 for a Day Pass to access the FON Community.
  • Bills are in business and so want to make some money from their WiFi. Instead of free roaming, they get a 50% share of the money that Aliens pay to access the Community through their FON Access Point. They can also advertise their business on their personalized FON Access Point homepage.
[/quote]
So what are you saying?

[quote name='SolidMetal']So what are you saying?[/quote]

he's saying that people who share their internet with others get paid half of what someone who doesnt share internet paid to use your internet.........the other half goes to fon.....

yea the router works right out of the box.........but if you have mutliple things to hook up to your modem you must have wireless adapters/cards/access points for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back