free wifi router-DEAD....its been a good run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks iowa. I did it. What the hell. I could use a router for my work. As long as others have received theirs than I'm not too worrry.

You guys sure you've gotten yours? ;)

[quote name='Rouzuki']Well I don't own a 360, I was just under the impression that it did have one. But if you knew it didn't have one, why were you inquiring about the 360's compatiblity with a wireless router? =)[/quote]

I did????? where????

[quote name='Sejad']I did????? where????[/quote]

Ah sorry, I see what I did, I mixed up your posts with someone who posted about the 360 earlier. Anywho

http://www.fon.com/en/promos/fonbucks

Free no-invite required Foneros available once more I believe via that link.

Wait scratch that, I tried to get another one off that link and it showed up in my cart as 40 bucks...someone who hasn't gotten a fonero yet try it and see if it shows up as 0.00 in your cart and post here.

[quote name='Rouzuki']Ah sorry, I see what I did, I mixed up your posts with someone who posted about the 360 earlier. Anywho

Wait scratch that, I tried to get another one off that link and it showed up in my cart as 40 bucks...someone who hasn't gotten a fonero yet try it and see if it shows up as 0.00 in your cart and post here.[/quote]

I posted that link. And if you have a different email address, you can get another FON router. I ordered one last night to give to my brother.

[quote name='iowaholdem']I posted that link. And if you have a different email address, you can get another FON router. I ordered one last night to give to my brother.[/quote]

Yes...you did, and with better details than I did (10,000 for march) I missed that post :cold:. Thanks for clarifying the order details too.

Damn, this one doesn't work for Canadians.
[quote name='Rouzuki']Ah sorry, I see what I did, I mixed up your posts with someone who posted about the 360 earlier. Anywho

Wait scratch that, I tried to get another one off that link and it showed up in my cart as 40 bucks...someone who hasn't gotten a fonero yet try it and see if it shows up as 0.00 in your cart and post here.[/quote]

[quote name='iowaholdem']I posted that link. And if you have a different email address, you can get another FON router. I ordered one last night to give to my brother.[/quote]

should i replace the old link on the first page of the thread to this new link? if so who should i give credit to?

[quote name='becuzimbrown']should i replace the old link on the first page of the thread to this new link? if so who should i give credit to?[/quote]
Most definitely. Since the old link is dead and this one is good, you should change them. I had to do quite a bit of research to find a working link, so I'd appreciate credit with the information I posted. But if I don't get it, I certainly won't be hurt ;)

Hmm, not sure if it's been mentioned, but once you get one of these, it will put your address on the website as an access point. So if you don't actually use it to give net to people, they'll be confused.

Unless the 10,000 are already gone, click the new link to get one w/o an invite. You don't need to live near a starbucks to get one with the new link, and your address doesn't get listed until you register your wifi router (after you've recieved it) but even so, they won't come after you if you for some reason don't have your router turned on.

The new link only works if you live in America. So if you don't live in America, ask for invites.
[quote name='becuzimbrown']yea no asking for invites for now, until the the new link is dead[/quote]

[quote name='naes']The new link only works if you live in America. So if you don't live in America, ask for invites.[/quote]

thanks for the correction

thanks op and the little ppl just got order conformation/invoice number hope it works better the the crappy netgear one i have

[quote name='sonicfreak5']got confirmation. now the router is in my parents room can use this to connect to that and then plug my 360s ethernet? im lost here.[/quote]

Is the router in your parents room a wifi extension router? Or just a regular router?

From what your describing you want to do this Internet(physical connection) to Fonero, then send the wifi sig from fonero to the router, then physically plug your xbox360 into that other brand router. Correct? If so, you may not be able to even connect another brand wifi router extender to fonero's wifi signal. And even if you do get that to work, the fonero signal requires a login password which may not get forwarded past your other brand router.

Slim chance but I think if your not directly connecting to your fonero wifi, it won't work.

The fonero router also only has 1 physical input jack, and no output jacks.

[quote name='bobthecat23']i hope the router isnt crap like the netgear i have[/quote]
I think someone said it performs at 2000kbps, thats kilobits mind you. I wouldn't expect the world from it though since it is a free router after all. Although you probably will be able to squeeze a little more out of it with the firmware change in the topic I posted.

I ordered, then I noticed there is only 1 plugin in the back of it, and since I connect my 360 direct, this thing it pretty much useless.

[quote name='life.exe']I ordered, then I noticed there is only 1 plugin in the back of it, and since I connect my 360 direct, this thing it pretty much useless.[/QUOTE]

Notice that it says, WIFI router. On the other hand, I think there are adapters that you can buy on the cheap that make it into multiple ports.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Got mine a few days ago.

I'm working on installing dd-wrt on it.[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me how to do that? I followed that one guide, but my router always times out whenever I try to access it. I think it's my wireless card...

[quote name='Technique']Can you tell me how to do that? I followed that one guide, but my router always times out whenever I try to access it. I think it's my wireless card...[/QUOTE]Enjoy:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/LaFonera_Software_Flashing

I'm having trouble, though. For some reason it won't let me wget the files I need, because it won't recognize the fonera.info server... which is really pissing me off.

I don't know much about SSH, but I'll try downloading the file and moving it into the fonera OpenWrt tmp dir.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Enjoy:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/LaFonera_Software_Flashing

I'm having trouble, though. For some reason it won't let me wget the files I need, because it won't recognize the fonera.info server... which is really pissing me off.

I don't know much about SSH, but I'll try downloading the file and moving it into the fonera OpenWrt tmp dir.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, that's a better guide. I'll try that in a bit.

POLL TIME!

Who actually uses this router properly?

I do, I got it because I couldn't get my Linksys router to work with my university's internet. But this one does, and it works with my Wii (and presumably my DS) so I'm keeping it as is!

ok, maybe I'm a lil dense.....

Can you get this for free and use it as a wireless router in your house without doing the stupid "leech off my net connection" crap? Can you flash it and make it a full functioning router? Thinking about getting one, hooking up everything that needs to go into it into my switch and then into the wireless port so I can use my laptop and DS on it. Any ideas/suggestion/help?

I got my free router today works good for my brothers house i hooked it right into the wired router and now he can connect his Wii to it. nice product thanks to the original poster.

[quote name='ryoga79']ok, maybe I'm a lil dense.....

Can you get this for free and use it as a wireless router in your house without doing the stupid "leech off my net connection" crap? Can you flash it and make it a full functioning router? Thinking about getting one, hooking up everything that needs to go into it into my switch and then into the wireless port so I can use my laptop and DS on it. Any ideas/suggestion/help?[/quote]

"leechers" must either be fon wifi sharers or must purchase a day pass in which case you get some moola. However you can throttle the public signal bandwidth.

you can install the linux software, the link is somewhere in this thread or just goto www.i-hacked.com and its the first topic there. That may allow you to use your DS but with the firmware currently on the fon router, you cannot connect with your DS (or so people have stated here).

Congratulations! Your FON account has been confirmed. Please log into the FON website and enjoy your User Zone!

I made my "Promise" to keep the access point connected and got my free one on its way today!

Just got mine about 5 minutes ago...had no freakin clue what was in the box...this is pretty cool...very nice for a free router...i also didn't know it had dual SSID (one for a secure private network and the other for public broadcast)

How come CAGs have no problem hoarding free wireless routers or selling them on eBay but jump down the throats of anyone buying to sell stuff for profit on eBay? If you're not going to use the FON router, don't order one! If you're going to use it with a different firmware, shrug, at least you're using it. But seriously, if you have no intention of using this router, or trying to sell it with the dozen or so others on eBay, don't be rude, let someone else have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back