free wifi router-DEAD....its been a good run

Status
Not open for further replies.
*shrug* I jumped on someone for doing that. This is the same thing as hoarding cheap games to sell on ebay. There are lots of cheapasses who see a 'deal' as a way to profit, rather than a way to get something they'd use for free/cheap.

Mine is hooked into my wired router (wall->cable modem->4-port wired router->three computers and the Fon). Works fine for my Wii, though I had to bring my work laptop home and use its wireless functionality to set up the Fon. Added bonus, if I need to work at home, I don't have to drag out the 100 foot network cable anymore, my company's VPN even works over it (although I'm sure they don't like it). I hated dragging that cable out, but I don't work at home enough to invest in a wireless router.

Got mine today. Already flashed it with dd-wrt. Now I'm trying to get it to run in bridge mode so I can use it for my 360.

Do you punch in any CC info for this? I'm still thinking about getting one and flashing it, though I have reservations about doing so, but I'm wondering if I don't use it like they want me to if they'll charge my cc for it.....

I just need to find something with a free real router or something. lol

[quote name='ryoga79']Do you punch in any CC info for this? I'm still thinking about getting one and flashing it, though I have reservations about doing so, but I'm wondering if I don't use it like they want me to if they'll charge my cc for it.....

I just need to find something with a free real router or something. lol[/QUOTE]

Nope, no CC information is required.

When I click the link in the OP, it comes up at $40 or whatever through checkout.

Could someone send me an invite instead? (rigisme @ yahoo.com)

Thanks!

[quote name='Rig']When I click the link in the OP, it comes up at $40 or whatever through checkout.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'll give you one if I have any invites. I need to log into their stuff to figure out if I have any to begin with though. BTW, I have no idea how I was able to do it, but I just got my 360 up and running with it.

[quote name='gofishn']Got mine today. Already flashed it with dd-wrt. Now I'm trying to get it to run in bridge mode so I can use it for my 360.[/QUOTE]
That's what I've been trying to do.

I think I bricked it. I'll try to revive it later tonight.

Tell me how to get it into bridged mode when you figure it out.

[quote name='Rig']When I click the link in the OP, it comes up at $40 or whatever through checkout.

Thanks![/quote]
I'm getting the same thing as well, I would like to get one of these so I can take my PS3 online once I upgrade my internet. If someone could send me an invite as well I would greatly appreciate it.

email address is (rawisjericho.dvdtalk @ gmail.com)

Thanks

I couldn't get it into bridge mode, but I was able to get it into client mode which is currently working great on my 360. I haven't played any games on Live yet, but I did download some demos and it seemed to go pretty fast.

is this the first time you are doing this? if not then this is the problem.....also try the 2nd link, the first one is dead...

if this continues to happen ill remove the link

[quote name='Raul0923']I'm havng a tough time setting it up to be able to get on with my Wii, DS, or PSP. Any help?[/quote]

My cousin brought his Wii over and i got it working on his.

In the network connections settings of your Wii, choose a new connection, Wireless, and then proceed to scan for connections. Us the public (im pretty sure) connection. If it asks for a password, which it shouldn't, use the S/N on the bottom of the FON router.

You should be able to use the private if you've registered the router through a computer's WiFi connection on FON. I, however, have no computer that can connect to WiFi, so I couldn't register it with FON yet lol.

For all you people still asking for invites to get free ones, the promotion is over and the code is now invalid. You can't get any more free ones for the time being. Thats why the link says (DEAD).

I dont have a computer capable of wireless either but I registered it through actual wired connection to my computer. Ill try it now with the Wii.

Edit- It works!!!! Where do i go to download the Opera browser? Sorry if its the wrong place to ask. Point me to the right direction.

I did this offer a WHILE ago. I signed up, got the free router, but I have never used it. I did it just because it was free. I'm amazed this still going on. The router is so tiny, it isn't even a joke. The antenna is another joke, and I wonder how far the signal could actually travel.

[quote name='Raul0923']I dont have a computer capable of wireless either but I registered it through actual wired connection to my computer. Ill try it now with the Wii.

Edit- It works!!!! Where do i go to download the Opera browser? Sorry if its the wrong place to ask. Point me to the right direction.[/quote]
Thats not the kind of registering im talking about...
After you get the router, you have to connect via WiFi to the private connection and register the router on the FON network so that u can use other FON hotspots...

anyways, the Opera browser is in the Wii Shop channel under the hardware (im PRETTY sure its call WiiWare) section. The full version of the browser just came out yesterday or the day before, and its free to download until July (them im pretty sure it will cost 500 WiiPoints to get if u dont have it already).

I heard on another forum that invites now link to a purchase page for a 20 dollar router, no longer is it free...but I haven't confirmed that.

So, I got the router and everything. My only question is this:

Do you have to use their internet service in order to use it? Me and my friends are having a LAN party tomorrow night and I thought maybe I could use it for that.

[quote name='Spinning Revolver']So, I got the router and everything. My only question is this:

Do you have to use their internet service in order to use it? Me and my friends are having a LAN party tomorrow night and I thought maybe I could use it for that.[/QUOTE]

Nope, you can plug it right into your cable/dsl modem and it will set up a private wireless network for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back