FREE X-Men-Destiny w/ purchase of new Spider-Man Edge of Time (Ps3/360)!!!

EoT is that bad after the delightful SD? What a shame.

I heard that Activision rushed out EoT after SM:SD's success which might explain how rough it is. My usual calculus that the addition of Black Cat makes anything better has failed me twice now. First WoS now EoT.

[quote name='RollingSkull']EoT is that bad after the delightful SD? What a shame.

I heard that Activision rushed out EoT after SM:SD's success which might explain how rough it is. My usual calculus that the addition of Black Cat makes anything better has failed me twice now. First WoS now EoT.[/QUOTE]

They rushed it out using only half of SD's team so they can put the real work into next year's movie game.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']The fact that other games exist kills this deal..[/QUOTE]

Well played, sir. Well played.

I actually didn't think Destiny was that bad. It isn't that good either, but not as bad as everyone says. I absolutely loved MUA2 (1250/1250), so maybe part of my tolerance of XMD comes from that. But a word of caution to anyone who plays it (and I don't mean from this deal - this is a terrible deal & I'm not helping you out if you waste so much money). When you want to mop up all the challenges & stuff, make sure you choose load game > load character > select mission, and don't pick 'continue' until after you're ready to start the new game plus.

It's the only reason I'm at 900/1000. Didn't wanna play through it for a 3rd time.

[quote name='Gertle627']It's the only reason I'm at 900/1000. Didn't wanna play through it for a 3rd time.[/QUOTE]

I like gamerscore as much as anyone, but I would never waste time playing a :censored: game just for gs, much less 3 times. There's so much better stuff out there to earn your points on, why waste time on this?

[quote name='bh47']I like gamerscore as much as anyone, but I would never waste time playing a :censored: game just for gs, much less 3 times. There's so much better stuff out there to earn your points on, why waste time on this?[/QUOTE]
It was kind of fun to go through it on a two day redbox rental and get all the achievements. I actually rented it to try it out and saw how horrible it was and didn't want to give myself any reason to go back to it.

[quote name='bh47']I like gamerscore as much as anyone, but I would never waste time playing a :censored: game just for gs, much less 3 times. There's so much better stuff out there to earn your points on, why waste time on this?[/QUOTE]

Some people found these games fun; it's not wasted time if they enjoyed it. The stuff you find better might have been played already, might be in their backlog, or just isn't their type of game.

[quote name='mietha']Yeah, same. I'm currently suffering through X-men Destiny. It suuuuuucccckkkkssss. I blame everyone who didn't buy Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. Now we get trash like this instead. Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

MUA2 was kind of crappy. They scrapped the RPG elements that made the game worthwhile. I didn't even get to the built-in replay value (register/non-register), and I heard only one level was different anyway.

And I had to fight Grim Reaper twice. Grim fucking Reaper. They were really digging deep for crappy villains when I'd gladly replay Legends 2 or MUA1 with different characters. Oh and they completely boned us with DLC shenanigans.

[quote name='TheCro']I rented X-men today at redbox.....It is pretty bad.[/QUOTE]

I redboxed it and beat it in the same rental period. Definitely not worth buying.

its funny amazon's price of xmen destiny goes up from 19-22ish to 50ish on the day of this sale. what a value! ugh amazon, really?

[quote name='brianace']Buy a piece of shit, and get a piece of trash free.
And to anyone defending Spider-Man: Edge of Time, I say this.
A Spider-Man game that takes place entirely INDOORS.
100% indoors.
It sucks out loud.[/QUOTE]

So? Most of the PS1 Spider-Man game that everyone praises took place indoors.

[quote name='ThingontheFloor']Deal isn't absurdly terrible with the Edge of Time price at $46.99. You're still getting XMen for free, so it's basically $24.50 per. Not going to get them myself, but at least it's not $60? :cold:[/QUOTE] didn't know the price, so I have to actually agree with ya. Not as absurd as everyone is saying but I'm still not jumping

This deal isn't as bad as people are making it seem. If you were going to buy Spider Man then you get Xmen Destiny as a free bonus. Good or terrible game it's still free. Besides you can just trade it in for store credit if you don't want Xmen.

bread's done
Back