Free Xbox 360 Games and Accessories --- 100% Legit (February Update!) Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ddrpower']No one has cancelled DealMax/Bargain I've assumed.[/quote]

I canceled both today. Like everyone else, I gonna need to file a MCR for Bargain. Waiting for credits sucks.

[quote name='Rig']No problem. I wasn't trying to sound rude. Your question hasn't been asked 100 times (like some of the others in here). :lol:

I don't think I would use the support ticket system ever. Seems the reps can solve pretty much any problem you may have and they are much faster.

EDIT: Took sven's advice and threw my emails into the OP.[/QUOTE]

I dint mean for it to come out like that....but reading this thread and the word OP every where I kinda felt bad since i hate it as much as you guys do ahhaahaha.

[quote name='mev1205']Dealmax worked for me, did it not work for you or something?[/quote]

Dealmax has worked for everyone (I think), while Bargain credited for nobody.

[quote name='Rig']Dealmax has worked for everyone (I think), while Bargain credited for nobody.[/QUOTE]

But I can't open a support ticket because it shows it as "pending." Anyone else have that?

[quote name='valor19']But I can't open a support ticket because it shows it as "pending." Anyone else have that?[/quote]

One week. (OP)

Rig - This might be too much work, but I think it'd work wonders for this thread if you added some impressions to each offer. The basic info helps once you've done the offer, but for someone who isn't sure which one to do, maybe you could add a comment on the overall experience with each one like which ones work all the time, which ones are a pain, which ones are inconsistent, etc.

[quote name='sventhebruin']Rig - This might be too much work, but I think it'd work wonders for this thread if you added some impressions to each offer. The basic info helps once you've done the offer, but for someone who isn't sure which one to do, maybe you could add a comment on the overall experience with each one like which ones work all the time, which ones are a pain, which ones are inconsistent, etc.[/quote]

I will definitely consider it, although they will rarely differ. I really don't have many bad experiences with these companies. To me, it's simply a sign-up and call to cancel.

But again, it is a good idea, and one that I am mulling over.

I just wonder how much input I can provide (as some of these were done long ago)! :lol:

Rig, the cancel order link for Dr. Suess and Disney in the OP isn't working. I was trying to use it yesterday, but it just gives you the error "Server too busy." Maybe I'll email them to see what the deal is.

Yesterday I had a pretty good day for offers crediting. I did 3 offers, and ordered 2 GHIII bundles to see if I can get the gift cards instead. If they say no, I guess I'll just wait for the bundles to come and eBay them or see if they'll order me Rock Band from Amazon instead :)

I'll do more details for these offers later if I get the packages, but they say it can take 2-3 weeks, so it would be after Christmas. I cleared my cookies and cache before doing each offer.

Disney Book Club - Credited instantly.
Yahoo Search Success - Credited instantly.
Carebears Book Club - Credited within 5 minutes.

Bargain.com - Wouldn't work for me, tried 5 different CC numbers. I got two authorizations for $1.00 each on one CC, and if they turn into actual charges I'll be mad. I tried looking up my email on their website on it doesn't work, so I assume I'm not in their system so I shouldn't get charged (this same exact thing happened the first time I tried Privacy Matters / At Home Rewards). Don't know why it wouldn't work, since I have only used one other credit card with that company, and that was for Dealmax.

[quote name='Edge of Heart']Every time I try sign up for Auto Advantage it takes me to and error page. Is their a offer that is the same company?[/quote]

From the OP by Rig, he covers this:

AutoVantage
Cost: ???
Trial Duration: ???
Cancellation Number: 1-877-259-2696
Hours: M-F: 6:00 AM - 8:00 PM PST
Special Notes: I believe this is the same company as Great Fun and CompleteHome, with a different phone number and hours of operation.

I cancelled both bargain and dealmax yesterday. Wise house buyer was cancelled when I initially signed up. Dealmax credited, bargain has not...

Tomorrow, many of us can file and MCR.

Couple more days and my account should clear for my 3rd GHIII order. I hope they give me giftcards cos I really want my new camera lol

If not, I guess I could always ebay them.

Anyway, looks like I'm in pretty good shape with my offer cancellations. I guess it's time to go for zoomba or something.

[quote name='msane']Rig, the cancel order link for Dr. Suess and Disney in the OP isn't working. I was trying to use it yesterday, but it just gives you the error "Server too busy." Maybe I'll email them to see what the deal is.

[/quote]
It is working for me in Firefox.

Either its user specific, and it has been working for nobody but me, or it was just a temporary problem.

Let me know if it is still not working for you. And somebody else click and see if it is working.

Just tried it again in Firefox and Safari (i'm on a Mac here at work) and it didn't work, still with the same error. I tried it at home last night on a PC in Firefox and got the same error.

EDIT: Aha! I figured it out. The link that I was trying to use was https:, which isn't working. When I tried just plain http:, it works. It was weird because I clicked directly from the Scholastic email and the link in this thread, and both times got the error.

[quote name='lilboo']Man, where are the new games?![/quote]

Yea, I am not liking this at all. I think I'm just going to order Ace Combat and assume there wont be a December update.

Man this really sucks, I tried to send SavingSmart an email in regards to my lack of a Member ID, but it says that there was an error in sending my email. And I tried sending an email through various parts of their website.

I got another phone number of theirs and I'm going to try to call.

[quote name='Edge of Heart']Thanks man, but I when I use a different credit card, I still get an error page.[/QUOTE]

I've didn't do any of the Yahoo, eAuction, Increase my Margin, etc. offers, and I get an error message when I try to do any of them, too.

Oh, and my Greatfun credited.

for cancelling dealmax and bargain.com, all you have to do is go to bargain.com and click cancel my account right? that will cancel memberships for both things?

what's the dealmax website? i forgot to fav it. my offer completed according to yourfree360games, but i wasn't sent any account information from them. :(

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Yea, I am not liking this at all. I think I'm just going to order Ace Combat and assume there wont be a December update.[/quote]

I sent an email off a day or two ago asking about it. If you can stand to wait a day or two longer, I should have their reply.

My guess is that it will go up tomorrow or on the weekend. If you guys recall, they didn't get the last two monthly updates out until 12-14, IIRC (or dates close to those).

[quote name='Edge of Heart']Thanks man, but I when I use a different credit card, I still get an error page.[/quote]

Others were having the same problem, even when trying different cards. I think it's something on their (the trial company's) end. You just might not be able to get to do that offer.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']for cancelling dealmax and bargain.com, all you have to do is go to bargain.com and click cancel my account right? that will cancel memberships for both things?[/quote]

No. Bargain and DealMax are separate. Cancelling on Bargain's site cancels Bargain and whatever the name of the second offer they sign you up for is (WiseHouseBuyer?).

Going to the DealMax website cancels your DealMax membership (but I don't think it cancels the piggyback offer for that one). And then, you would have to cancel the piggyback offer (YourSavingsClub) by calling them, unless you were already in it previously, which means you weren't signed up again.

Hope that makes sense.

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']what's the dealmax website? i forgot to fav it. my offer completed according to yourfree360games, but i wasn't sent any account information from them. :([/quote]

I'm in a hurry (to a final exam), so I cannot look it up ATM. I will search my records when I get back later tonight. Unless somebody beats me to the punch, that is. :)

For sites that offer cancellation online, do you suggest I do it that way or call? I'm kind of worried that it won't go through if I do it online and that I won't get my dollar back (not a big deal..but if I can get it back by calling it'd be better).

I did the 2 scoastic offers, and I would love to know how to cancel them, Its very important. Even if you could pm me it would be appreciated

[quote name='Munny1212']I did the 2 scoastic offers, and I would love to know how to cancel them, Its very important. Even if you could pm me it would be appreciated[/quote]

Which two Scholastic offers? I cancelled the Dr. Seuss Book Club through the link in the email I got (which ends up in your spam folder), or through the link on the first page of this thread. I also recently did the Disney Book Club and Carebears Book Club offers. I haven't gotten the email for Disney yet, but supposedly you can cancel that with the same link. Carebears I think you have to just wait until you get the package, then call them up and say you want to cancel and send the package back.

Scholastic's number is 1-800-353-3140.

I'm ordering The Simpsons Game right after school for sure. I'm trading AC for BioShock on monday, so what other games should I get?

[quote name='Munny1212']Thanks, so i can cancel disney, but have to keep the carebear books, ok. And did they remove the Dr. Seuss, I don't see it[/quote]

You don't have to keep the Carebear books, you can send them back and get a refund, I just don't think you can cancel the offer before you get the books. You could always try, but you'd have to call the Scholastic number because I don't think Carebear shows up on the cancel order link, and I think it might be awkward explaining why you're canceling when you haven't even received the books (it takes 2-3 weeks). It might jeopardize your credit if you cancel too early, and I'm not willing to risk it, at least until I get my gift cards/games.

Yeah, they must have removed the Dr. Seuss offer. I did it about a month back, and it required a MCR in order to credit.

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']The DealMax website is just www.mydealmax.com. Log in and on the navigation bar at the top is a link to cancel.[/quote] according to rig, you still have to call though

edit: seems i wasnt signed up for yoursavingsclub. what other offer requires you to sign up from this site?

Wait, do you really have to call in addition to canceling on the website? The OP seems to indicate that canceling on their website will work. Privacy Matters and At Home Rewards also have cancellation links on their website... have people had bad experiences using these? I got cancellation numbers and everything when I used them...

[quote name='chipotleattack']Do most people use prepaid cards when doing these offers or should it be fine if I use a normal credit card?[/quote]

i use prepaid

[quote name='elpolloestupendo']Wait, do you really have to call in addition to canceling on the website? The OP seems to indicate that canceling on their website will work. Privacy Matters and At Home Rewards also have cancellation links on their website... have people had bad experiences using these? I got cancellation numbers and everything when I used them...[/quote]

i just cancelled online, hopefully i should be fine

So how much is the prepaid card you use? Do you just buy a $5 card and use it for all the $1 offers or does it need to be higher so they can charge you $15 or whatever monthly fee they're charging?

Okay. I will try and explain this one more time.

This is how I THINK it goes down:

You sign up for DealMax. This also signs you up for YourSavingsClub.
The DealMax site does NOT cancel you out of YourSavingsClub!

You sign up for Bargain. This also signs you up for Wise House Buyer.
The Bargain site cancels BOTH of these offers.

So there. Does that help everyone now? I really don't know how I can explain it any better.

EDIT: And if you have been signed up for YourSavingsClub in the past (through other offers), then you will not need to cancel it. It doesn't seem to sign you back up again after the original time.

[quote name='chipotleattack']So how much is the prepaid card you use? Do you just buy a $5 card and use it for all the $1 offers or does it need to be higher so they can charge you $15 or whatever monthly fee they're charging?[/quote]

the minimum ive seen is 25$, so i just use a 25$ visa gift card

orange box and mass effect came in today for me. they sent my replacement orange box next day air and mass effect 2nd day air. just ordered a gh3 bundle right now. ill probably never get that so maybe i can request a gift card eventually.:lol:

picture003py7.jpg

[quote name='omgu8myrice']the minimum ive seen is 25$, so i just use a 25$ visa gift card[/quote]

Yeah I was looking at Visa cards but they're considered debit cards. Do they work with AutoVantage and other sites that only take credit cards?

Ohhhh....maybe THAT'S the problem. I have a Chase debit card, and I get an error when I try to sign up for Yahoo, eAuction, etc. But, the Chase debit card is treated like a credit card everywhere else. I mean, I select "Credit" whenever there's an option.

Has anyone done the BMG one? It actually looks like a good deal.

EDIT: Went ahead and did Gamefly. Why the hell won't games show up in my GameQ?

EDIT 2: fucking Opera. Tried the site in IE, and it works fine.

[quote name='chipotleattack']Yeah I was looking at Visa cards but they're considered debit cards. Do they work with AutoVantage and other sites that only take credit cards?[/quote]

they work like credit cards, but i dont know. i havnt tried autovantage, but its worked on all the other offers

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back