anyone ever get a charge on for:

ADTERACTIVE - $1.01

I found that in my bank statement after signing up for:
Chuck Ebay Dude
Quickbooks
Increase My Margin
Word Advantage

Anyone know what that could be for? :(

[quote name='miktau']Yeah all the trial web sites (eauction yahoo need diff numbers, this is irrelevant because 90% of prepaids dont work with this site). I personally use paypal virtual credit cards which gets me a new number everytime and allows me to close the card after the transaction. In other news trainn says there comng out with a wii and ps3 games site. The wii one is wiigames4free.com and i think the other is yourfreeps3games.com

cheers,
mike[/quote]

Nevermind, I saw it.

[quote name='Wicked One 612']Not sure, but check this out.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,140198-page,1/article.html[/quote]

o0o0o0o0o0 interesting...

may have to contact my banky ^_^

EDIT: oh okay, i see ppl posting on forums that they got charged by this when they've done such offers as Great Fun and Scholastic offers. Someone said it's just something to check if you have money and will go away shortly.

Thanks for the article tho, that was an interesting read :)

If you use the paypal virtual credit cards for stuff like Chuck Mullaney Teaches Ebay would simply cancelling the card suffice or would you still need to call and cancel over the phone?

This is true, but when you cancel your virtual card there shouldn't be any risk of charges..correct? I mean EVEN WHEN you cancel, they sometimes screw people over & forget to cancel (even though you called or emailed..LOL) and tend to charge you.

When you cancel the card, you should be safe from any charges..this is all I need to know.

For people who did Disney, how long did it take to get the email? I think it's been like 5 hours or something, and still no email...

[quote name='Crazydom']If you use the paypal virtual credit cards for stuff like Chuck Mullaney Teaches Ebay would simply cancelling the card suffice or would you still need to call and cancel over the phone?[/quote]

call up and cancel...it's really easy...they only ask you for your name and phone number. no other questions asked...no bs.

only one i had probs with was great fun...she kept trying to get me to stay and i just kept saying no thanks...no thanks...no thanks...

Even if you were to use virtual cards, I would still cancel.

Don't give the trial companies a reason to try and dig into your records. It's simply not difficult to call and cancel trials, even if you think there will be no repercussions.

Better safe than sorry.

[quote name='lilboo']This is true, but when you cancel your virtual card there shouldn't be any risk of charges..correct? I mean EVEN WHEN you cancel, they sometimes screw people over & forget to cancel (even though you called or emailed..LOL) and tend to charge you.

When you cancel the card, you should be safe from any charges..this is all I need to know.[/QUOTE]

youre safe until you get a letter from the collection agency

i don't think anyone is understanding what I'm asking.. LOL

You know when you CANCEL a trial and even though you STILL canceled they ONCE IN A WHILE charge you ANYWAY? I'm asking in the event that THIS happened while using a virtual paypal card that you closed. I'm assuming that they will not be able to charge the card anyway, CORRECT?

*NOT* talking about NOT canceling & closing the card.

[quote name='BelieveTheHype']call up and cancel...it's really easy...they only ask you for your name and phone number. no other questions asked...no bs.

only one i had probs with was great fun...she kept trying to get me to stay and i just kept saying no thanks...no thanks...no thanks...[/quote]

Yeah I canceled my Great Fun today. First of all it sounded like there was a party going on over the phone. Then she offered me 3 different offers which I declined. Finally I was able to cancel.

[quote name='Wicked One 612']Yeah I canceled my Great Fun today. First of all it sounded like there was a party going on over the phone. Then she offered me 3 different offers which I declined. Finally I was able to cancel.[/quote]

I took the offers :lol: I don't know why but they extended my "trial" for like 2 months.

In other news tho I forgot to cancel my stamps trial and that took a lot of arguement with the CSR to get them to refund my card but in the end they did. I just said that on the app that you download it says that you can cancel by email.

Hey for those who did Great Fun and Complete Home.. did any of them credit? If you needed MCR, how long did that take? I didn't do those 2 and now that I've learned how to use the wonderful PayPal virtual card.. i'm going to try them!

Grant Consultant still didn't credit. I did it earlier today. Is this normal or does it look like I'll be waiting 7 days? ;(

[quote name='lilboo']Hey for those who did Great Fun and Complete Home.. did any of them credit? If you needed MCR, how long did that take? I didn't do those 2 and now that I've learned how to use the wonderful PayPal virtual card.. i'm going to try them!

Grant Consultant still didn't credit. I did it earlier today. Is this normal or does it look like I'll be waiting 7 days? ;([/quote]Great Fun credited for me in 5 days. It's a bit of a hassle to cancel, because they keep asking you to do other offers, but it's worth it for $1. Complete Home wouldn't let me sign up, I generated a credit card with the Paypal tool and it just keep leading me to a white page after I entered in all my information.

I posted this earlier but no one responded so I thought I would ask again. For people who have done the Disney offer, how long did it take to get the email? And how long did it take to credit?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm going to be out all day tomorrow and I won't have access to my email, so I need to know if they email it after 15 hours or whatever it is. Thanks in advance

[quote name='mev1205']I posted this earlier but no one responded so I thought I would ask again. For people who have done the Disney offer, how long did it take to get the email? And how long did it take to credit?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm going to be out all day tomorrow and I won't have access to my email, so I need to know if they email it after 15 hours or whatever it is. Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

For me, it did credit instantly. I'd say within 10 minutes. I got the e-mail about 36 hours later. I was never charged anything, just $1 authorization. After I got the e-mail, I clicked the link and canceled and was never charged anything after that.

Hope that helped.

[quote name='lilboo']For me, it did credit instantly. I'd say within 10 minutes. I got the e-mail about 36 hours later. I was never charged anything, just $1 authorization. After I got the e-mail, I clicked the link and canceled and was never charged anything after that.

Hope that helped.[/quote]Hmm well that's not good, I signed up 9 hours ago and still no credit. Can I still file an MCR if I cancel it with the link in the email? Because if I cancel it that way, aren't I breaking their rule that you can't cancel offers immediately and they won't give me credit?

[quote name='mev1205']Hmm well that's not good, I signed up 9 hours ago and still no credit. Can I still file an MCR if I cancel it with the link in the email? Because if I cancel it that way, aren't I breaking their rule that you can't cancel offers immediately and they won't give me credit?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure. I mean think about it; THEY contacted you asking if you wanted to cancel. It's not as if you placed an order & called 5 minutes later to cancel..ya know? :)

I'd say it wouldn't hurt to file for MCR if you don't get credited soon. You should be fine if you cancel your order.

Has anyone been able to sign up to AutoVantage lately? When I tried it a couple of weeks ago I just got an error page. Didn't get charged either.

[quote name='Okatha']Has anyone been able to sign up to AutoVantage lately? When I tried it a couple of weeks ago I just got an error page. Didn't get charged either.[/quote]

autovantage signup worked for me a few days ago but i couldnt do a complete home signup though. IT would just take me to a balnk page like you.

[quote name='lilboo']Hey for those who did Great Fun and Complete Home.. did any of them credit? If you needed MCR, how long did that take? I didn't do those 2 and now that I've learned how to use the wonderful PayPal virtual card.. i'm going to try them!

Grant Consultant still didn't credit. I did it earlier today. Is this normal or does it look like I'll be waiting 7 days? ;([/quote]

Great Fun credited for me in 5 days. Complete Home I needed an MCR. It's been 8 days since my MCR and still no credit.

Grant Consultant looks like I'll have to file an MCR for it also.

[quote name='Wicked One 612']The headers are most likely user specific.[/quote]

yeah but i don't have any idea what was in the email.

anything about policy or how to cancel or anything.

it literally vanished from my junk box after i marked it safe but it's not in my inbox either. it's simply gone.

There's a new offer on the site

"Online Business Systems"

But when I click it, it says offer expired, so unknown if there is an issue and/or how much etc. Says it a "next business day" credit.

Well i just tried cancelling the zooba.com offer and they said I need to order three books from them, which makes this a crappy offer imo.

[quote name='magus83']Well i just tried cancelling the zooba.com offer and they said I need to order three books from them, which makes this a crappy offer imo.[/quote]

did you call them? Via e-mail they will tell you that but calling I hear is no big. I didn't order anything so it's a great offer

[quote name='magus83']Well i just tried cancelling the zooba.com offer and they said I need to order three books from them, which makes this a crappy offer imo.[/quote]

It tells you from the get go that you have to order 3 books. Read the sign up screen and Terms again. Other people have gotten around that by calling, but I definitely wouldnt call it a crappy offer. Try calling them, it can't hurt.

Yeah Zooba kinda sucked for me. It credited just fine, but I wasn't allowed to cancel unless I had ordered books.. :lol: so I had 2 frigin books come to my apt then I had to send it back then I had to wait for a refund. The whole process only took 3 weeks tops, but still. Not a bad offer, just one of offers you have to try and stay on top of.

I found 2 books that I'd like at Zooba. I can probably find a third. I should probably sign up for this before it goes away.

For Blockbuster, how long have people been staying in before cancelling?

I just got mine from Netflix. I think the only one I have left is zooba, who never sent me an e-mail despite me being able to login. I'm going to send off another one.

[quote name='miktau']autovantage signup worked for me a few days ago but i couldnt do a complete home signup though. IT would just take me to a balnk page like you.[/quote]

Any one else have this problem too, were you actually signed up or should i just ignore it. I havent been charged btw so im inclined to think it didnt go through.

I know the first page has all the offers, but since they took out all the cheap and easy ones is it still possible to get 4 offers that credit instantly with $10?

yeah,

yahoo (1.95)
chuck (1.95)
google (4.95)
eauction (now is 1.95 if you do electronic)

total: $11

all instant all easy to cancel, can do it in one call (same company).

To do this you asre gonna need a paypal vcc or citi vcc.

[quote name='miktau']yeah,

yahoo (1.95)
chuck (1.95)
google (4.95)
eauction (now is 1.95 if you do electronic)

total: $11

all instant all easy to cancel, can do it in one call (same company).

To do this you asre gonna need a paypal vcc or citi vcc.[/quote]
Thanks a lot man.

EDIT: What does it mean by Transaction denied, Duplicate Transaction?

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Thanks a lot man.

EDIT: What does it mean by Transaction denied, Duplicate Transaction?[/quote]

It means you have already done an offer from that company. Most likely you tried to do something like eAuction and Chuck Malaney?

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']It means you have already done an offer from that company. Most likely you tried to do something like eAuction and Chuck Malaney?[/quote]

So you can't do two offers with the same company?

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']So you can't do two offers with the same company?[/quote]

Sorry if my instructions were not clear, you need a new cc for each offer you do. Thats why a paypal vcc (new number generates each time) is useful because i used it to do all 6 offers from that one company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back