Free Xbox 360 Games and Accessories --- 100% Legit (February Update!) Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='AssaultMonkey']that probably means ull be getting a second copy :p[/quote]

that'd be sweet! hahah

[quote name='Mako1215']Anyone know whats up with Yahoo Success,Google SEO supervisior,eAuction, and Chuck Mulleny. There only givin my brother option of Visa/Amex. No mastercard?[/quote]
I did all those using mastercard (paypal) before and eauction like within the week using mastercard.. so either that's something new that just happened or somethings wrong haha I hope mastercard is still useable w/ those sites =(

also, I'd like to know about the tax thing, I work but only made probably like ~$3500 in the year lol so what's all filed? is it a big deal?

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Your at the limit already?? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it resetted in January.[/quote]

yeah im good at getting refs its not hard at all to max out quick.

[quote name='miktau']yeah im good at getting refs its not hard at all to max out quick.[/quote]

Lol, where do you get your refs? I have 5, and I just need 1 more for one last game lol. Its annoying.

Yeah I'm going to be doing my taxes soon. I have to do something with this tax form shit. I just don't know how to go about it. Will there be something in the TurboTax for this..?

[quote name='aznguyen316']that'd be sweet! hahah

I did all those using mastercard (paypal) before and eauction like within the week using mastercard.. so either that's something new that just happened or somethings wrong haha I hope mastercard is still useable w/ those sites =(
[/quote]

Same here. I don't know whats up, but whatever it is it's kinna pissin me off.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Lol, where do you get your refs? I have 5, and I just need 1 more for one last game lol. Its annoying.[/quote]

freinds/paying via paypal

[quote name='aznguyen316']got Turok in today lol site still says "shipping soon"[/quote]
Yea I did too.

Very weird. My acct still says "Pre Order - Waiting for Item", according to the receipt in the box, it says it was ordered on January 14th, which is 4 days after I ordered it via the site. It was definitely pre-ordered if it was ordered on the 14th as Amazon just got it in on the 5th and today would be the 2nd day air delivery.

Well this is a first. Hopefully they did the same thing with DMC4, which means that should arrive on Friday if they placed the order like they did with Turok. It also says at the bottom of my receipt, "This shipment represents part of your gift. The other portion of your gift is shipping seperately". Definitely leads me to believe that DMC4 is coming.

[quote name='miktau']yeah so basically ive been using this site since nov of last year. Anyways last year i ordered 3 items worth $300 and now this year ive already ordered about $480 worth of stuff in five orders and once i get two more refs ill max out tax wise for the year. Is it better to just stop at $580 and not file taxes. i heard that if u make under like $7000 youre not required to report this on your federal taxes when i file for my job (w-2). So basically to anyone out there whos filed the w-9 how much taxes did u have to pay and was it worth it?

cheers,
Mike[/quote]

also anybody got an answer to this. help would be much appreciated.

cheers,
Mike

If Trainn sends you $600 or more worth of items, they are required by federal law to file a form with the IRS reporting these "winnings"

This occurs because all items you recieve from Trainn are winnings, and technically all winnings should be reported on your tax returns. However, the IRS only requires those providing winnings to report them if they amount to $600 or more. They don't want to bother with added paperwork from every time somebody won $5 from a lottery scratcher. So if you make less than $600 in winnings, even though you are supposed to report it, the IRS has no real way of checking if you made them.

Winnings are income.

That means that you will pay income tax on winnings. Getting $1000 worth of stuff from Trainn bumps the amount of money you made this year up by $1000.

Here are the current income tax brackets:

Income Range: $0 - $7,825
Tax: 10% of the amount over $0

Income Range: $7,826 - $31,850
Tax: $782.50 plus 15% of the amount over $7,825

Income Range: $31,851 - $77,100
Tax: $4,386.25 plus 25% of the amount over $31,850

Income Range: $77,101 - $160,850
Tax: $15,698.75 plus 28% of the amount over $77,100

Income Range: $160,851 - $349,700
Tax: $39,148.75 plus 33% of the amount over $160,850

Income Range: $349,701 and up
Tax: $101,469.25 plus 35% of the amount over $349,700

If you are a student, and would otherwise have 0 income, then you are in the first tax bracket. So you pay a 10% tax rate. If Trainn sent you $599 in stuff, you'd pay $0 taxes on that. If Trainn sent you $600 in stuff, you'd pay $60 taxes on that. $2000 in stuff = $200 taxes. But it isn't really that easy. You also get to take a deduction. If you give a lot to charity, or have other means of getting plenty of deductions, you can itemize your deductions. Chances are this isn't the case, which means you just take a standard deduction. For 2007, the standard deduction is $5350 for single, non-head-of-household people. That basically means you get to erase up to $5350 worth of your income.

So if you otherwise made $0, and Trainn sent you $2000 worth of stuff, you'd still have to fill out the form once hitting $600, but come April of 2009 (when you're filling out your 2008 tax return) your stadard deduction is able to completely erase the $2000 of winnings you got, making your effective taxable income $0. So you pay 10% of $0... which is $0.

Note: if you are claimed as a dependant (for example: your parent still claim you as one), the $5350 deduction described above doesn't apply to you. Many factors can increase the amount you deduct, such as having dependents (kids), being married, paying for your or a dependant's tuition, mortgage payments, etc.

Long story short: if you have little or no income, getting more than $600 worth of stuff probably won't cause you to pay taxes. If you do pay taxes, it's probably best for you to stay under the $600 mark. If you're planning to go way way above the $600 mark it might still be worth it (if you're in the 25% bracket, and get $2000 of stuff from Trainn, you'd pay $500 in taxes on it. But you might still prefer that to getting $550 stuff from Trainn and paying $0 in taxes on it.)

Hope this helps clear things up for people

Disclaimer: None of this is legal advice, and should not be considered to be legal advice.

^^ you are god haha jk but thanks, A LOT. I didn't plan on going over $600 but I work but still am in the first tax bracket, rather not have it go up.

[quote name='Lsgun1']Alot of the offers that credit instantly and are cheap seem to not be taking Master Card anymore.[/quote]

they got smart, same I did a lot of MC ones already whew* did online supplier change this recently as well? I did a MC on them yesterday..

It looks like I'll likely be paying 10% of the value of my stuff then, which amounts to me more or less paying for 1 out of every 10 things they send me, which I can't really complain too much about.

I'm pretty sure my parents still claim me as a dependent, and I'm pretty sure they get more money claiming me than I'd save with the other deduction.

Online Supplier
Cost: $1.95
Trial Duration: 14 days
Cancellation Number: 1-800-831-3952
Hours: M-Su 5:00 AM - 8:00 PM PST
Special Notes: Fastest credit ever received!

[quote name='Rig']Online Supplier
Cost: $1.95
Trial Duration: 14 days
Cancellation Number: 1-800-831-3952
Hours: M-Su 5:00 AM - 8:00 PM PST
Special Notes: Fastest credit ever received![/QUOTE]

rig, did you get your email from them yet?

[quote name='41down']rig, did you get your email from them yet?[/quote]

Not in my inbox. However, I am using a gmail account, and somebody earlier said theirs ended up in the junk email folder. But I deleted my junk email without looking, so I may have erased it.

Still, if you received credit, there's really no reason for the welcome email (unless you are really going to use the trial).

[quote name='madman360']Rigs, can you add nihilopt's post to the first post?
its really useful info[/quote]

Yes. I will be adding it shortly.

[quote name='mev1205']For you guys who did Online Supplier, did you get a thank you page? I filled everything out, clicked Submit, and it brought me to a page to order another success kit. I checked my Paypal account and I haven't been charged yet, and I haven't gotten credit yet either. Did this happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there was about 5 or 6 more offers they wanted you to sign up for (You don't have to, obviously) and a submit button at the bottom of the page. If you try to close the browser a message pops up asking you not to, etc. I just declined all of the offers and hit submit, then I was taken to a second Congratulations! page, but this time just with some gift card offers to Walmart, IIRC.

Still got the credit really fast.

I can't wait for the update, I was told by TRAINN it would be happening either on the first or second week of Feb. so Im waiting anxiously.

[quote name='AssaultMonkey']that probably means ull be getting a second copy :p[/quote]

I had this happen with Burnout Paradise, got a 2nd copy. Took it back to Wal-Mart for a different game. :bouncy:

Have a GHIII and Wireless Headset shipped and a GHIII in Processing. I think I'm done for a while. I'll probably wait until I need some ink and do the My Ink offer and something else to get something.

And to think, if I didn't delete my email I would ahve been able to file MCRs for Chuck Maleney and the GreatFun offers. :(

[quote name='buterbals']I can't wait for the update, I was told by TRAINN it would be happening either on the first or second week of Feb. so Im waiting anxiously.[/QUOTE]

they told me within the next 5-7 days :bouncy:

[quote name='lilboo']I did Great Fun.. and when I submitted I got a blank white page :whistle2:([/quote]

I had the same problem doing Complete Home. Make sure you use a separate e-mail address from AutoVantage and Complete Home offers you may have done before.

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']I had the same problem doing Complete Home. Make sure you use a separate e-mail address from AutoVantage and Complete Home offers you may have done before.[/quote]Wow, thanks alot for that tip, I had given up on Complete Home because I kept getting a blank page, and it finally went through for me with your tip! :bouncy: How long did it take to credit? I've heard from alot of people that this is an MCR :drool:

Strange...I signed up for Zooba and Grant Consultant and have not gotten an email confirmation from either.

Did this happen to anyone else?

[quote name='fmarxnge']Strange...I signed up for Zooba and Grant Consultant and have not gotten an email confirmation from either.

Did this happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

It took about 2 weeks before I got an e-mail from Zooba.

[quote name='munch']It took about 2 weeks before I got an e-mail from Zooba.[/QUOTE]

Oh alright. Thanks

Another question:
On the OP, it says if you don't receive an email, you should email the company with your information. What company would this be? Do you mean email Zooba or Trainn do receive the email?

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']I had the same problem doing Complete Home. Make sure you use a separate e-mail address from AutoVantage and Complete Home offers you may have done before.[/QUOTE]
Cool great tip. I used the same email for Complete Home and Great Fun, so I didn't think using the same for AutoVantage would be a problem.

And for those who aren't getting their emails from Online Supplier, mine arrived pretty much immediately but it did go directly to my junk mail in gmail. The address it comes from is [email protected] , subject: Online Supplier Membership Materials.

[quote name='supraazn']Quick question.
Does the games come shipped directly form amazon or do they ship it to us themselves?[/QUOTE]

Amazon.
Sometimes you'll get a game from elsewhere.. like CircuitCity. But most of my games have come from Amazon.

In other news, I just did Great Fun with a different e-mail address. It worked. NOW, to wait 5 days. :whistle2:(
However, this usually does credit..am I right?
Does Complete Home credit in 5 days too (like it's supposed to?)

What the hell! I got the shipped email last tuesday and it still isnt here yet. It better come by tomorrow, I was lookin forward to slacking off and playing some GH3 online.....

I sent them an email 2 days ago asking for a tracking number but no response. Honestly, I should have sent them an email saying "its been a week" a week ago when they shipped it, cuz when they actually get around to checking emails usually its a week later

[quote name='nihilopt']If Trainn sends you $600 or more worth of items, they are required by federal law to file a form with the IRS reporting these "winnings"

This occurs because all items you recieve from Trainn are winnings, and technically all winnings should be reported on your tax returns. However, the IRS only requires those providing winnings to report them if they amount to $600 or more. They don't want to bother with added paperwork from every time somebody won $5 from a lottery scratcher. So if you make less than $600 in winnings, even though you are supposed to report it, the IRS has no real way of checking if you made them.

Winnings are income.

That means that you will pay income tax on winnings. Getting $1000 worth of stuff from Trainn bumps the amount of money you made this year up by $1000.

Here are the current income tax brackets:

Income Range: $0 - $7,825
Tax: 10% of the amount over $0

Income Range: $7,826 - $31,850
Tax: $782.50 plus 15% of the amount over $7,825

Income Range: $31,851 - $77,100
Tax: $4,386.25 plus 25% of the amount over $31,850

Income Range: $77,101 - $160,850
Tax: $15,698.75 plus 28% of the amount over $77,100

Income Range: $160,851 - $349,700
Tax: $39,148.75 plus 33% of the amount over $160,850

Income Range: $349,701 and up
Tax: $101,469.25 plus 35% of the amount over $349,700

If you are a student, and would otherwise have 0 income, then you are in the first tax bracket. So you pay a 10% tax rate. If Trainn sent you $599 in stuff, you'd pay $0 taxes on that. If Trainn sent you $600 in stuff, you'd pay $60 taxes on that. $2000 in stuff = $200 taxes. But it isn't really that easy. You also get to take a deduction. If you give a lot to charity, or have other means of getting plenty of deductions, you can itemize your deductions. Chances are this isn't the case, which means you just take a standard deduction. For 2007, the standard deduction is $5350 for single, non-head-of-household people. That basically means you get to erase up to $5350 worth of your income.

So if you otherwise made $0, and Trainn sent you $2000 worth of stuff, you'd still have to fill out the form once hitting $600, but come April of 2009 (when you're filling out your 2008 tax return) your stadard deduction is able to completely erase the $2000 of winnings you got, making your effective taxable income $0. So you pay 10% of $0... which is $0.

Note: if you are claimed as a dependant (for example: your parent still claim you as one), the $5350 deduction described above doesn't apply to you. Many factors can increase the amount you deduct, such as having dependents (kids), being married, paying for your or a dependant's tuition, mortgage payments, etc.

Long story short: if you have little or no income, getting more than $600 worth of stuff probably won't cause you to pay taxes. If you do pay taxes, it's probably best for you to stay under the $600 mark. If you're planning to go way way above the $600 mark it might still be worth it (if you're in the 25% bracket, and get $2000 of stuff from Trainn, you'd pay $500 in taxes on it. But you might still prefer that to getting $550 stuff from Trainn and paying $0 in taxes on it.)

Hope this helps clear things up for people

Disclaimer: None of this is legal advice, and should not be considered to be legal advice.[/QUOTE]

I am in the second bracket and still claimed as a dependant by my parents. Does that mean I just pay 15% on everything I get from Trainn once I go over $600? Is there something i'm missing because it seems to still be much better paying 15% for an item than 100%. Thanks in advance for any help.

-Jason

[quote name='Lsgun1']Alot of the offers that credit instantly and are cheap seem to not be taking Master Card anymore.[/quote]

Yea they need to get that fixed. So my brother can do it.

[quote name='Mako1215']Yea they need to get that fixed. So my brother can do it.[/quote]
I feel great that I started earlier this week and was able my Citi One Time use Mastercard CC #s...

I just tried to do Quick Books, since it's the last of those offers I didn't do, and there's no option for a MasterCard?! WTF??

It's Visa & AMEX

[quote name='lilboo']I just tried to do Quick Books, since it's the last of those offers I didn't do, and there's no option for a MasterCard?! WTF??

It's Visa & AMEX[/quote]

i can understand why... paypal VCC's use Mastercard and i'm sure they were getting screwed on them... I actually messed up and they charged me for 3 of em (59.90 for 2 and 49.90 for another) which pissed me off and supposedly I didn't cancel two others so they were like and u owe us 59.90 x2 i was like yea right good luck with that (supposedly I will get credited back for 2 of them but let's see how that goes) all i know is I'm 100% finished with secure.visualwebtools.com forever

becker,

I did a little more looking about what deductions dependants are currently allowed to claim.

Here's a link to standard deduction topic on the IRS's webpage for those interested:
http://www.irs.gov/publications/p501/ar02.html#d0e5522

It states that even people claimed as dependants by others are eligible for a deduction of between $850 and $5350:
If you make $550 or below: your standard deduction is $850.
If you make $851 to $5050: your deduction is the amount you made + $300.
If you make $5051 or above: your deduction is $5350

So I was mistaken when I though that those claimed as dependants are inelligible for receiving this deduction.

Also of note: my discusson has concerned only federal income tax. Other taxes, such as social security tax (around 7.5% on earned income for about the first $100,000 you make), medicare tax (roughly 2%), and state income taxes (California's highest bracket is around 9%, most states are less, some have no income tax*) will probably result in you paying some amount more than the described federal income tax brackets. I believe that deductions won't do anything about social security other federal taxes, and the rules for deductions on state income tax returns will vary by state.

*more info on state income tax rates (there are links to all states at page bottom):
http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/layouthtmls/swzl_statetaxrate_CA.html

For your second question, why some people prefer to stay under $600: As I said, all winnings should be reported to the IRS. But if Trainn only needs to inform the IRS that they sent you winnings if they send you $600 or more. So ifi you stay under that amount, Trainn doesn't notify the IRS and it's up to you to be honest and report how much they sent you. The IRS has no way of knowing that you got winnings if you received under $600, because they didn't recieve that form which tells them to expect that you'll report the winnings. I'll leave it up to you to guess how many people actually report winnings less than $600.

Example: Suppose somebody doesn't report these winnings, and let's say pays 20% total taxes (fed income, social security, etc). If he gets $550 of stuff and don't report it, he pays $0. If he gets one more game, putting him at $610 worth of stuff, the IRS will know he got that much and he'll need to report it. So he'll pay $122 (20% of $610) in taxes all because of that extra $60 game he received. Combine that with the fact that, once you're doing that many offers, you've probably depeleted the $1 ones and are doing things in the $8-$12 per offer range, and you can see why staying under $600 makes sense for a lot of people.

If you're a student without income (or very little income) it looks like your deduction will erase your winnings for purposes of federal (and possibly state) income tax. But you still might pay some social security and medicare taxes... so you still might wind up paying around 10%. At 10%, going from $550 to $610 winnings goes from $0 to $61 in taxes. So that final game wasn't worth it. If you're going to get a bunch of other games in this calendar year, and push your winnings to around $1000 (with about $100 in taxes) it could become worth it.

The information I give is just a rough guide for those curious about how the value of stuff they recieve from Trainn affects taxes paid. It's not legal advice, and shouldn't be considered legal advice. I'm not a tax attorney, or accountant. I'm just sharing my thoughts.

[quote name='eminemobied12']i can understand why... paypal VCC's use Mastercard and i'm sure they were getting screwed on them... I actually messed up and they charged me for 3 of em (59.90 for 2 and 49.90 for another) which pissed me off and supposedly I didn't cancel two others so they were like and u owe us 59.90 x2 i was like yea right good luck with that (supposedly I will get credited back for 2 of them but let's see how that goes) all i know is I'm 100% finished with secure.visualwebtools.com forever[/QUOTE]

What do you mean mess up? You forgot to cancel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back