Free Xbox 360 Games (from Trainn...who is updating slowly)

[quote name='GogetaSS4']In my opinion their Customer service isn't that bad, I mean comon your getting games basically for free. You can't beat that, even if their customer service isn't that great.[/QUOTE]

Easy for you to say,you popbably have gotten your games without a problem.I did get a response from them after 5 days stating more investigating which will prrobably take forever.

[quote name='homeland']Trainn has never... from my knowledge ever shipped on the release date.. best thing to do is buy it at BB and than when you get it from amazon just return that copy to BB, if you can't wait.[/quote]

I have actually had COD4 shipped the same day it was released. It was surprising and unexpected but very good.

EDIT: Anyone knows the best way to get out of Columbia House membership without spending so much money? Any way i can get my money back, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bubbaducky']Any news from upping the bundle limit??[/quote]

I havent seen anything officially.

But...

I already had ordered (3) GH3 Bundles. I kept 2 & returned 1 back for credit.

Well this morning I just placed an order for GH:WT Bundle. I believe if I recall correctly, that if I was at the limit I wouldnt even be able to place the order. So either I slipped through the cracks or they upped the limit.

Someone correct me if I am wrong about not being able to place the order if over the limit.

Oct 17, 2008
Guitar Hero World Tour (Guitar bundle)
Processing

[quote name='Coyotezeye']I havent seen anything officially.

But...

Well this morning I just placed an order for GH:WT Bundle. I believe if I recall correctly, that if I was at the limit I wouldnt even be able to place the order. So either I slipped through the cracks or they upped the limit.

Someone correct me if I am wrong about not being able to place the order if over the limit.

Oct 17, 2008
Processing[/QUOTE]

I don't think you would be. I think the limit is basically 1 bundle for each version (total bundles, not 1 of each bundle). The limit, before GH:WT would have 3 (GH2, GH3, GH:A). They would have upped it to 1 to allow people to order GH:WT. I had ordered 3 bundles previously (4, if you count when we could get $100 Amazon GC instead last year), and was allowed to order GH:WT bundle.

Coincidentally, my eMusic credited today as well. Awesome!

I also just canceled Consumer Direct, it was very easy.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting on credit from Gamefly, Reputation Defender, and FreeCreditReport.

What offers can you not do if you've done FreeCreditReport? I'd like to do some other credit offers but I'm not sure which are tied to the same company.

[quote name='uEih']
EDIT: Anyone knows the best way to get out of Columbia House membership without spending so much money? Any way i can get my money back, etc.[/quote]

Have you bought stuff?

I believe if you didn't like the first (practically free) shipment, you could return them all and opt out. But if you accepted that first cheap batch, I think you are stuck in their contract.

I'm actually not 100%, but I think that was the rules years ago when I was with BMG. Look at your Terms and Conditions.

If you are stuck, make sure to continually "deny" the recommended picks they try to send you, and wait for a deal to show up.

columbia house is pretty good at screwing customers over so make sure you know their terms and membership requirements inside and out. like for example if you get the magazine in the mail as Rig was referring to and throw it out, theyll send you a cd and you have to pay for it. the last time i checked the membership i believe you have to buy 1 cd at "normal" price which is like $16+shipping or something. so yeah the first batch of cds or dvds is a good value but they find ways to counter it out

[quote name='nyj1218']does anyone know if trainn does the release date delivery shipping? im asking because i was quickly looking at the fable 2 thread in the 360 section and some people said their amazon order was shipped today.
[/quote]

i told a friend of mine today that if you ordered from amazon the game was shipped already. he laughed in my face and then explained he had a copy already

[quote name='Rig']Have you bought stuff?

I believe if you didn't like the first (practically free) shipment, you could return them all and opt out. But if you accepted that first cheap batch, I think you are stuck in their contract.

I'm actually not 100%, but I think that was the rules years ago when I was with BMG. Look at your Terms and Conditions.

If you are stuck, make sure to continually "deny" the recommended picks they try to send you, and wait for a deal to show up.[/quote]

I haven't bought other DVDs from them, i've been trying to cancel ever since day 1 of sign up. I couldn't find their terms and condition stuff so i wasn't sure if i was able to and everyone was telling me that i was in a commitment to buy 5 dvds, etc. From wherever i read i would see that too. However, i've read and saw that i can return the first package for my cancellation.. Here's the problem. 3 DVDs are opened and im trying to get an answer from them to see if they will take it if i return it, they keep responding back with a send it back and we'll cancel your membership. I'm a little scared but hope that they will take my DVDs, i really dont care for the refund. I just want to get out of this trap.

[quote name='uEih']I haven't bought other DVDs from them, i've been trying to cancel ever since day 1 of sign up. I couldn't find their terms and condition stuff so i wasn't sure if i was able to and everyone was telling me that i was in a commitment to buy 5 dvds, etc. From wherever i read i would see that too. However, i've read and saw that i can return the first package for my cancellation.. Here's the problem. 3 DVDs are opened and im trying to get an answer from them to see if they will take it if i return it, they keep responding back with a send it back and we'll cancel your membership. I'm a little scared but hope that they will take my DVDs, i really dont care for the refund. I just want to get out of this trap.[/QUOTE]

You open the dvds therefore you are screwed.

I keep asking them if it's ok if the DVDs are opened and all they say is return the enrollment package and we will cancel. So i guess it doesnt matter what condition it is in, which i would suspect it really does. I asked them like 5 times, they keep saying as stated previously, etc. On top of that they even mailed me a prepaid shipping label. I stated that i've opened the DVDs clearly. Since they failed to reject my cancellation i would think they will have to cancel now? They told me to print out a copy of the email which i asked them if they will accept with opened DVDs and they just continue to tell me the send it in and they will refund.

[quote name='adonis 27']Well thats weird...? cuz they told me, and i think its on EVERY site, that your trial starts the day you order it....weird....well good luck to you on that one, just keep checking you bank statements and stuff[/quote]

Well, I just got the pills today (you were right. They did come very late at the end of the trial). If what the lady said was right, hopefully my trial doesn't end tomorrow (which is supposed to be the real date). Would it be best to get rid of a few pills and send it off Monday? I'm thinking of calling and asking about this trial thing again. EDIT: I called again and it the guy said it was a 30-day trial. Weird. I got an RMA number and I'm probably gonna take your advice and take a few out and ship it. I never dealt with anything like this before. So would I put the RMA number on the package or inside the package?

Does anyone know how long trainns does their "investigations" i don't want to be wanting for my game forever?

It looks like I may not be able to do any of the credit check ones, as I really don't have any credit, or at least that's how I interpreted the email from the one I actually did try. Any suggestions for other offers? Keep in mind I did enough o get like 6 games late last year, so the commonly done ones have been used already.

I may just go ahead and do eMusic, as I'm going for a GHWT guitar bundle, so the price is still right for me.

man i tried the techniques for any Pacific Works offers and still nothing. Only got to use 2 different cards, oh well, guess it's the waiting game :)

I'm still at the mercy of trainns and their on going "investigation" of my so called delivered game the one that i really haven't received and one order that i wanted changed but for some reason they have to check with the fulfulment center or something like that.I seriously think they need to give you a tracking number for every game you order because i do beleive they get mixed up alot.I want to like trianns and their service but having to stress out over not receicing a game is stressful,i know its free but i actually gave some of those offers my real card number.The first game i ever ordered from trainns was supposely return to them because it was undeliverable which is suspect to me because i haven't had any ups people knock or leave any notices at my door,but in the end i got my first game and i was pleased.I really hope trainns give me the two games i'm owned because i want to like them.

[quote name='GogetaSS4']Well Mugen I hope everything works out for you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks,i hope it does.

what happens if after you order an item and fill out the shipping info, you then press the back button and place another order?

i'm wondering because i accidently hit enter while filling out the info, so i pressed back and i was able to create another order. now it says i have 2 orders waiting...

[quote name='the_deej']what happens if after you order an item and fill out the shipping info, you then press the back button and place another order?

i'm wondering because i accidently hit enter while filling out the info, so i pressed back and i was able to create another order. now it says i have 2 orders waiting...[/quote]

Best case scenario: You get two free games for the price of one.
Worst case scenario: They think you did it on purpose and you get banned from the site.

Personally I'd email them to let them know what happened. This is too good of a deal to get spoiled over accidently clicking the back button.

[quote name='the_deej']what happens if after you order an item and fill out the shipping info, you then press the back button and place another order?

i'm wondering because i accidently hit enter while filling out the info, so i pressed back and i was able to create another order. now it says i have 2 orders waiting...[/QUOTE]

They probably will correct it.

Does it matter if you use a different email when you sign up for an offer than the email you use for yf360g? The paypal plug in changed my email on accident when I signed up for gamefly.

Also, If I signed up for gamefly tonight, will it be credited by tuesday?

Damn. Oh well, I wanted to try the service anyways.

I was sent two offer completion emails for Amazon web stores. Is that bad?

Sorry if it's been asked, but I'm confused on the returning to amazon thing. If I were to order the Guitar Hero World Tour bundle I could return it to amazon for credit?

[quote name='DarthPuma']
Sorry if it's been asked, but I'm confused on the returning to amazon thing. If I were to order the Guitar Hero World Tour bundle I could return it to amazon for credit?[/quote]

Yes, if it was ordered from amazon. It may be ordered from red octane.

I'm free to stockpile offers and referrals, right? I have one offer completed with three MCRs on the way, and two referrals with a possible two more coming, but I don't want anything else this year. They'll just sit around until I use them, right?

fable 2 is still shipping soon (as of 10/20 @ 3PM eastern).

more news: emusic credited today, a week after i signed up for it

Isn't Fable 2 coming out on Tuesday? It would probably say shipped on that day (or the day before). And does anyone know anything about an RMA number when shipping stuff? The other guy hasn't been on so maybe someone else knew something about it.

[quote name='GBmanNC']Yes, if it was ordered from amazon. It may be ordered from red octane.[/quote]

shh!! don't say that... pray its from amazon. though it got me thinking.. in the past haven't the initial shipments come from red octane when GT2 came out?

[quote name='Rocko']I'm free to stockpile offers and referrals, right? I have one offer completed with three MCRs on the way, and two referrals with a possible two more coming, but I don't want anything else this year. They'll just sit around until I use them, right?[/quote]

Yup, I have a bank of 5 games in my account waiting to be used. (For what, I dont know.)

[quote name='The0ne']Isn't Fable 2 coming out on Tuesday? It would probably say shipped on that day (or the day before). And does anyone know anything about an RMA number when shipping stuff? The other guy hasn't been on so maybe someone else knew something about it.[/quote]

the RMA # is something you need when you ship it back. In order to get it, when you call to cancel, ask for it. If you already canceled, just call back and ask for it. Sometimes its the shipping # (on the piece of paper when you receive the thing), so hopefully you kept that, but you definitely need to call to get it.
Once you get it, you write it on the thing you got where you can clearly read it....I also wrote it on a piece of paper and put it in the envelope i sent back to the company.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Does it matter if you use a different email when you sign up for an offer than the email you use for yf360g? The paypal plug in changed my email on accident when I signed up for gamefly.

Also, If I signed up for gamefly tonight, will it be credited by tuesday?[/quote]

Gamefly varies, for me it took about 2 business days to credit, for my friend, it took a whole week.

[quote name='GBmanNC']Yes, if it was ordered from amazon. It may be ordered from red octane.[/quote]

Is there any way to know who it comes from? If it's from red octane I'll just ebay it. I was gonna get fable 2 but I figured I could use that money to get fable 2 and pay off Little big planet on amazon.

Here's to hoping my gamefly offer credits without hassle!

how long did reputation defender take to credit for you guys? ive read instantly a bunch of pages back but its been 5 days and i still haven't gotten it, i got a email from them too after i registered.

fable 2 has now been shipped. exciting but im not expecting a release day delivery, itll be a nice surprise if it happens though

[quote name='Ghostface420']how long did reputation defender take to credit for you guys? ive read instantly a bunch of pages back but its been 5 days and i still haven't gotten it, i got a email from them too after i registered.[/quote]

I got credit within 10 minutes of signing up. My gf got credit within 10 min too, but my friend still hasn't gotten credit and it's been 6 days. So i guess its kind of random...?

[quote name='Coyotezeye']I havent seen anything officially.

But...

Oct 17, 2008
Processing[/quote]

Any progress on this? Has your order shipped? I'm trying to decide whether or not it's in my best interest to try to snag World Tour before the year is over.

I just did ProtectMyID and it credited for me instantly.

Remember, 30 day free trial and it's $9.95 per month after the trial.

Also, I have yet to receive a confirmation email though. I'll keep an eye out for it, so be aware that by signing up you might not get one. So be sure to clear your browser cookies and close out your window after completing the offer.

Phone number:

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I just did ProtectMyID and it credited for me instantly.

Remember, 30 day free trial and it's $9.95 per month after the trial.

Also, I have yet to receive a confirmation email though. I'll keep an eye out for it, so be aware that by signing up you might not get one. So be sure to clear your browser cookies and close out your window after completing the offer.

Phone number:
866.579.4484[/quote]

In the Terms and Conditions, did it say how to cancel? I only ask this because for the Reputation Defender offer, i didn't see it anywhere in the T&C, but luckily some1 posted it here

[quote name='nyj1218']fable 2 has now been shipped. exciting but im not expecting a release day delivery, itll be a nice surprise if it happens though[/quote]

Lol, I still don't have Dead Space from last week. Release date delivery... :lol:

[quote name='adonis 27']In the Terms and Conditions, did it say how to cancel? I only ask this because for the Reputation Defender offer, i didn't see it anywhere in the T&C, but luckily some1 posted it here[/quote]

Call.

Also finally got confirmation email.

bread's done
Back