Free Xbox 360 Games (from Trainn...who is updating slowly)

Any reason why these two offers would still be pending?
blargh.jpg

blargh.jpg%22%3E

I had to reload one page to get it to load.

And I tried IE in hopes of it working since Firefox wasn't doing anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mojoe_24']Does the 1 one credit cards from Paypal still work for offers like Google CEO, Amazing Webstore, etc.[/quote] Mine worked for Amazing Webstore, but not Google CEO.

Also, how long does it take for MCR's to get responded to?

[quote name='SoulReaver']Mine worked for Amazing Webstore, but not Google CEO.

Also, how long does it take for MCR's to get responded to?[/quote]
You got lucky. I can't get either my paypal C/C or any other C/C to work with those sites :(

Hey guys, I'm doing this for the first time. I have some questions
1)Do I have to pay for them if it's trial? [On Rig's list it says it costs money, but if I cancel before the trial, do I still pay money?]

2)What's the best offers to do for new people

3)How long does GH:A take

4)Are they doing Paypal/Gift Cards again for Guitar Hero?

5)Any tips?

[quote name='SoulReaver']Also, how long does it take for MCR's to get responded to?[/quote]

I have the same question. Just curious how long I should wait before I send an email.

[quote name='sbaker44']I have the same question. Just curious how long I should wait before I send an email.[/quote]

I always sent an email when I sent the MCR. If it has been a couple days, send one anyway. MCR's aren't on a specific schedule. Sometimes they take a couple days, sometimes they take a couple weeks.

so what are the best offers to do for now i skimmed over the last few pages and see some trouble about cancellation not going through and not crediting. Which do most people recommend.

You have been posting in this thread for a long time and you know its not for begging for referrals. Create your own thread, don't post here with that stuff.

[quote name='ddrpower']Hm, looks like Blockbuster/Gamefly/Emusic are gonna be MCRs. Drat, they're the long MCRs as well.[/quote]

Gamefly credited me after a day when i submitted the MCR.

I have a Wells Fargo Credit Card. When I use it to pay for something online, it sends me to a verification page where I have to enter a password and such. Should that be a problem on getting the credits?

I do too...but I just didn't sign up for that service. You don't have to, they just bring that up there to try and get you to sign up for an additional service.

If that was to me, the page I'm talking about is actually a Wells Fargo/Visa page asking me to prove my identity.

[quote name='mojoe_24']If that was to me, the page I'm talking about is actually a Wells Fargo/Visa page asking me to prove my identity.[/quote]

Yeah, me too, but there is always a small option at the bottom where you can choose to skip it....unless as it sounds like is the case, you did it the first time you saw it and that signs you up for the service and you now have to do it all the time.

Gamefly credited for me today, great. The game they sent was unreadable though, hope they get it straightened out.

BB/Emusic still haven't done anything.

[quote name='max pl']glock, who are you talking to?[/quote]

Someone posted begging for referrals in this thread, but the Mods deleted it. I don't usually quote those posts because their original post clutters things up enough, let alone if I include it in my response as well. Glad the Mods keep this thread clean of that stuff. If you need referrals start a thread like everyone else has!

That said I think i'm still holding onto my credits until at least the next update. Will probably pick up NHL 09 or wait to see what they do with RB2 and GH. It is great that my current RB instruments will work with both. I don't need any more plastic instruments in my basement! ;)

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Someone posted begging for referrals in this thread, but the Mods deleted it. I don't usually quote those posts because their original post clutters things up enough, let alone if I include it in my response as well. Glad the Mods keep this thread clean of that stuff. If you need referrals start a thread like everyone else has!

That said I think i'm still holding onto my credits until at least the next update. Will probably pick up NHL 09 or wait to see what they do with RB2 and GH. It is great that my current RB instruments will work with both. I don't need any more plastic instruments in my basement! ;)[/quote]

Maybe by then you'll have your 360 since it's tits-up like mine now ... ;)

So Trainn just responded to my question about not being eligible to order any more Guitar Hero bundles due to the ones I ordered over a year ago (well before the limit was in place). Here is their response:

The three Guitar Hero bundle limit was placed at the beginning of the year and was based on all past and present orders at that time to ensure the limit was fair to all users.

We apologize for any disappointment this may cause, but, at this time, there are no plans to increase the limit beyond three bundles for each account. However, we do plan to periodically review that limit as new versions and bundles are released.

I don't know how they think "fair" is retroactively counting year old orders toward your total. So, as I joked about in my last post, I actually won't be eligible to get another GH bundle until GH12. How wonderful of them to point out that as new versions are released, they'll increase the limit! I'm at 8 GHII bundles and 3 GHIII bundles all ordered before 12/31/07.

I know some of you might think "well, that's what you get for hoarding bundles to sell", but seriously. There was no shortage of GHII's. Pretty much every one of those bundles I sold for under retail. It was just the quickest and only self-reliant way I knew of to obtain a PS3...and now they're screwing me for it. Nice Trainn, real nice.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']That said I think i'm still holding onto my credits until at least the next update. [/quote]

Does anyone have any idea when the next update might be? Should be soon, right?

[quote name='shieryda']Does anyone have any idea when the next update might be? Should be soon, right?[/quote]

Probably late the first week, or the second week in August.

[quote name='shieryda']Does anyone have any idea when the next update might be? Should be soon, right?[/QUOTE]

They may do like the did with GTA IV and put Madden up pretty soon if they don't plan a full update before it comes out. Otherwise Rig is probably right.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']So Trainn just responded to my question about not being eligible to order any more Guitar Hero bundles due to the ones I ordered over a year ago (well before the limit was in place). Here is their response:

I don't know how they think "fair" is retroactively counting year old orders toward your total. So, as I joked about in my last post, I actually won't be eligible to get another GH bundle until GH12. How wonderful of them to point out that as new versions are released, they'll increase the limit! I'm at 8 GHII bundles and 3 GHIII bundles all ordered before 12/31/07.

I know some of you might think "well, that's what you get for hoarding bundles to sell", but seriously. There was no shortage of GHII's. Pretty much every one of those bundles I sold for under retail. It was just the quickest and only self-reliant way I knew of to obtain a PS3...and now they're screwing me for it. Nice Trainn, real nice.[/quote]

There is no shortage of guitar heros, it just costs Trainn $100 to send you them. You should quit your complaining because you had 11 guitar heros. I don't even understand why you are complaining. Be happy for what you got, because you did get a TON of them.

[quote name='General_Klinger']Got my Amazon refund in 1 day :lol: How's that for a quick turnaround[/quote]

Damn, been like two weeks for me, still waiting.

Emusic credited today, 5 day credit. Blockbuster hasn't, which I find odd. Bah.

How did you guys get rejected for your new guitar hero bundle? Was it automated or emailed?

[quote name='Moose_Man']Damn, been like two weeks for me, still waiting.[/quote]

if its been 2 weeks already, send amazon an email and see what is the hold up

[quote name='n8rockerasu']So Trainn just responded to my question about not being eligible to order any more Guitar Hero bundles due to the ones I ordered over a year ago (well before the limit was in place). Here is their response:

I know some of you might think "well, that's what you get for hoarding bundles to sell", but seriously. There was no shortage of GHII's. Pretty much every one of those bundles I sold for under retail. It was just the quickest and only self-reliant way I knew of to obtain a PS3...and now they're screwing me for it. Nice Trainn, real nice.[/QUOTE]

I can't seem to muster any compassion for this. You can't get GH anymore. It's not a big deal. Get something else.

[quote name='NateNinja']There is no shortage of guitar heros, it just costs Trainn $100 to send you them. You should quit your complaining because you had 11 guitar heros. I don't even understand why you are complaining. Be happy for what you got, because you did get a TON of them.[/quote]

Thank you for that worthless attempt at conversation. No shit Guitar Hero bundles are the most expensive item on the site. That's why it made sense to order them to maximize your credits.

But, you obviously don't even possess the skillls to present an intelligent counter argument, so let me try to explain this to you in terms you'll understand.

If you watched 11 cartoons one day, and then, your mommy told you that from now on, you're only allowed to watch one cartoon a day...but that the ones you watched the day before used up all the cartoons you could watch for the next two weeks, would you be happy?

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']I can't seem to muster any compassion for this. You can't get GH anymore. It's not a big deal. Get something else.[/quote]

Jesus Christ you guys need to read a book. If you commit a crime before there is a law against that crime, you can not be held accountable for it if a law is enacted later. That's called an "ex post facto" law.

From Wikipedia
Generally speaking, ex post facto penal laws are seen as a violation of the rule of law as it applies in a free and democratic society.

I'm not looking for huge sympathy with this or anything. I just wanted to make others aware that Trainn is taking a very unfair stance on this, because I know I'm not the only one who ordered a gazillion GHII"s way back in the beginning.

If I already have a Gamefly account, can I sign up for the service using a different email, while still sending to the same address?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Jesus Christ you guys need to read a book. If you commit a crime before there is a law against that crime, you can not be held accountable for it if a law is enacted later. That's called an "ex post facto" law.

From Wikipedia

I'm not looking for huge sympathy with this or anything. I just wanted to make others aware that Trainn is taking a very unfair stance on this, because I know I'm not the only one who ordered a gazillion GHII"s way back in the beginning.[/QUOTE]

Not to nit-pick, but the lawyer in me can't resist: although retroactive laws are not common in America (and even rarer in European countries that still follow the rule of law as opposed to America's common law system), they do exist. Environmental laws and liabilities are a prime example. Ex post laws are even less common in pure criminal contexts, but they exist nonetheless, especially in the context of judicial interpretations of pre-existing law (such interpretations can radically shift the actual application of a law to situations that facially do not seem contemplated by the original law).

As to whether it's fair, that's a more complicated issue than you make it out to be. In the end, all users are allowed to accumulate the same number of GH games--couldn't that be a standard for it being fair? In fact, one could argue that, if anything, the current system is more unfair to new users, since they're going to have to wait quite some time to catch up on the number of bundles that previous users were able to accumulate. I'm not saying either of those lines of reasoning is ultimately superior to your own; I'm just simply trying to point out that there are other standards for how fairness might be weighed in this situation.

I'm in the same boat as yourself actually, and do wish they had let me know much earlier that I would be unable to get more GH games, but what can you do? They hold the power and they're still the best free game site out there, IMO, so I'm going to continue using them.

Has anyone tried the Amazon Diet offer? I did a search and didn't get any results. It says S&H is needed, but doesn't specify the amount.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Not to nit-pick, but the lawyer in me can't resist: although retroactive laws are not common in America (and even rarer in European countries that still follow the rule of law as opposed to America's common law system), they do exist. Environmental laws and liabilities are a prime example. Ex post laws are even less common in pure criminal contexts, but they exist nonetheless, especially in the context of judicial interpretations of pre-existing law (such interpretations can radically shift the actual application of a law to situations that facially do not seem contemplated by the original law).

As to whether it's fair, that's a more complicated issue than you make it out to be. In the end, all users are allowed to accumulate the same number of GH games--couldn't that be a standard for it being fair? In fact, one could argue that, if anything, the current system is more unfair to new users, since they're going to have to wait quite some time to catch up on the number of bundles that previous users were able to accumulate. I'm not saying either of those lines of reasoning is ultimately superior to your own; I'm just simply trying to point out that there are other standards for how fairness might be weighed in this situation.

I'm in the same boat as yourself actually, and do wish they had let me know much earlier that I would be unable to get more GH games, but what can you do? They hold the power and they're still the best free game site out there, IMO, so I'm going to continue using them.[/quote]

See, this I appreciate. You raise several good points. I don't know if you could argue the "fairness" of me getting a head start on others at earning GH bundles though because if I'm simply aware of an advantageous situation when others are not, how can that be held against me either?

I mean, that's like buying stock. If you're aware of a great company in the beginning, obviously your returns are going to be greater than people who catch on later. They can't be mad at you for that.

Along those same lines, let me remind you that while I did earn a significant amount of GH bundles, none of them were "gifts". I completed two offers for each one, just the same as people do now. Also, I started when Trainn had a much smaller user base...and people even questioned its legitimacy. So, an argument could be made that Trainn benefitted from me completing that many offers, both monetarily, and by establishing the credibility that they enjoy now. And this is the thanks I get?

While "fair" may be a relative term, I think that society would generally agree (as has been proven) that holding something against somebody, before there was a rule forbidding it, is wrong. Of course, the underlying theme in all of this is simply "life isn't fair", and you're spot on about Trainn being the one with the power.

Clearly, I'm just a person who's had his profitability from the site cut in half, and I'm upset about it. I don't think it's unjustified, but like you said, what can you do? I really appreciate the debate though. The responses from the "too cool for school" kids were frustrating the hell out of me, haha.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Thank you for that worthless attempt at conversation. No shit Guitar Hero bundles are the most expensive item on the site. That's why it made sense to order them to maximize your credits.

But, you obviously don't even possess the skillls to present an intelligent counter argument, so let me try to explain this to you in terms you'll understand.

If you watched 11 cartoons one day, and then, your mommy told you that from now on, you're only allowed to watch one cartoon a day...but that the ones you watched the day before used up all the cartoons you could watch for the next two weeks, would you be happy?[/quote]

Thanks for being a jackass. Apparently you are just so selfish you can't even open your eyes to see that you are angry even though you have milked Trainn the most. I'm not a fucking idiot, it's just you're too much of a dipshit to think about other people and see that they have nowhere near the amount of guitar hero's you have. I never knew "skillls" had three ls in it, news to me. See how annoying it is when you call people dumb but can't even spell correctly? Let me put it in terms you can MAYBE understand, I dunno, you seem to be too selfish and have your eyes closed when reading.

If you ordered 11 guitar hero's and most other people only ordered 3, don't you think you have more than the other person and should shut the fuck up with your crying about not being able to order for a while? It really bothers me when people are angry that they can't get more stuff for cheap. That kind of attitude belongs at slickdeals, go there if you are going to complain about this crap.

[quote name='Floyd_the_Hippo']Good lord I haven't been credited for anything.

I just canceled Consumer Direct and will cancel Free Credit Report on Sunday.[/quote]

It took them a month to credit me for the Disney books offer when it said it would credit instantly. Just hang in there and file a MCR. If it then doesn't credit after a bit, open a support ticket asking them to take a look at your MCR. Good Luck.

[quote name='NateNinja']Thanks for being a jackass. Apparently you are just so selfish you can't even open your eyes to see that you are angry even though you have milked Trainn the most. I'm not a fucking idiot, it's just you're too much of a dipshit to think about other people and see that they have nowhere near the amount of guitar hero's you have. I never knew "skillls" had three ls in it, news to me. See how annoying it is when you call people dumb but can't even spell correctly? Let me put it in terms you can MAYBE understand, I dunno, you seem to be too selfish and have your eyes closed when reading.

If you ordered 11 guitar hero's and most other people only ordered 3, don't you think you have more than the other person and should shut the fuck up with your crying about not being able to order for a while? It really bothers me when people are angry that they can't get more stuff for cheap. That kind of attitude belongs at slickdeals, go there if you are going to complain about this crap.[/quote]

What?

bread's done
Back