Free Xbox 360 Games (from Trainn...who is updating slowly)

Removed zizzazz from the OP.

And Trainn *still* says they will be adding DJ Hero, once they make "their new area" on the site. Not sure what that means, but, I'm not really holding out much hope on it. I asked a couple days back when I asked about my MCR.

Ive had ATTN REQUIRED - Please Contact for my prize for nearly a month. My tickets aren't getting responded to (first one is from 1/17). Is there another way to contact train?

[quote name='Rig']Removed zizzazz from the OP.

And Trainn *still* says they will be adding DJ Hero, once they make "their new area" on the site. Not sure what that means, but, I'm not really holding out much hope on it. I asked a couple days back when I asked about my MCR.[/QUOTE]

Ha, yeah, it's only been 3 months worth of "Mondays" since they said it was going to be added. As for the "new area", that has to mean 3 credit rewards. I can't think of any other possibility. And 3 credits would seem fair. If you say each credit/offer is worth $30-35, then doing 3 should net you a $90-105 item. I think that's reasonable...but they seriously need to get their asses motivated and put it into practice. Too much talk, not enough action.

[quote name='GBmanNC']Ive had ATTN REQUIRED - Please Contact for my prize for nearly a month. My tickets aren't getting responded to (first one is from 1/17). Is there another way to contact train?[/QUOTE]

The email I have listed in the OP. Otherwise, no.

That being said, my support tickets seem to get answered in three business days, these days. Of course, mine are always just asking about MCR's, and asking also about DJ Hero.

Oh, I suppose you could try their Twitter...

[quote name='Rig']The email I have listed in the OP. Otherwise, no.

That being said, my support tickets seem to get answered in three business days, these days. Of course, mine are always just asking about MCR's, and asking also about DJ Hero.

Oh, I suppose you could try their Twitter...[/QUOTE]

They responded today. They said they had sent me an extra guitar by accident nearly a year ago and that my current prize would be canceled to compensate, which is BS because 1 it would have been their fault for sending me a 2nd guitar, and 2 I don't remember getting a 2nd guitar!

[quote name='greyzieoriental']hey Rig, did you get your MCR for whitening ultra yet? I haven't received mines and submitted it roughly around when you did.[/QUOTE]

Filed mine on the 22nd, so, it hasn't been ten business days yet. I've already put in an MCR, but, they usually tell me to wait the ten business days.

And then, it usually takes another two or three before I get credit.

So, no, I haven't received credit yet. I'll let you know when/if I do.

Here's what my support ticket has on it. (And, wow, they responded only a day later!):

Dialog Question:
Hi. I've put in this MCR a bit ago: XXXXX
Jan 22, 2010
Whitening Ultra
Received.

I know it hasn't yet been 10 business days, but, I was hoping I could get this in a couple days early. Could you please check in on it and let me know?

Thanks!

Date: 2010-02-01

Response 1:
Missing credit requests are processed automatically as soon as we hear back from the advertiser regarding them so, unfortunately, we do not have any additional information on your request at this time, but, as soon as we obtain do, your request status will be updated accordingly.

Answered by: Client
Date: 2010-02-01
Time: 20:29:37

I filed my MCR for Whitening Ultra last week.

I did the offer on the 20th and it didnt credit.

Will send them a ticket next week to see if they have an update if it doesnt credit.

I just put in my order for Dante's Inferno. I wasn't sure what to get and that looks like it should be pretty sweet.

The order status says the Estimated Ship Date is February 11th but since the game comes out on the 9th maybe I'll be lucky and they'll ship it as a release-day delivery! :D However, I'm not counting on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PopSmith']I just put in my order for Dante's Inferno. I wasn't sure what to get and that looks like it should be pretty sweet.

The order status says the Estimated Ship Date is February 11th but since the game comes out on the 9th maybe I'll be lucky and they'll ship it as a release-day delivery! :D However, I'm not counting on it.[/QUOTE]

It says February 11th because today is February 4th. I'm amazed that people still think that means anything at all. It's an automated 7 day estimate, people. Whether or not it will have release date delivery is a separate issue.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']It says February 11th because today is February 4th. I'm amazed that people still think that means anything at all. It's an automated 7 day estimate, people. Whether or not it will have release date delivery is a separate issue.[/QUOTE]

I kind of figured that was how it worked because I noticed it five minutes after I submitted my "Order". That's why I said "Maybe I'll be lucky and they'll ship it as a release-day delivery!", I just didn't make that clear in my post.

Hopefully they will get some good new offers up sometime soon. Reputation Defender is a good one but I did it in the past so I can't do it again. Also, my trial for Zizzazz never went through and it's dead now anyway.

[quote name='PopSmith']I kind of figured that was how it worked because I noticed it five minutes after I submitted my "Order". That's why I said "Maybe I'll be lucky and they'll ship it as a release-day delivery!", I just didn't make that clear in my post.[/QUOTE]

Well, if we're using the past as any indicator, I'd say YOU got your order in early enough for release date delivery. But that hinges on if Trainn gets around to placing the order in time. I've seen it go both ways. At this point, I think anything with them is a crapshoot.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, if we're using the past as any indicator, I'd say YOU got your order in early enough for release date delivery. But that hinges on if Trainn gets around to placing the order in time. I've seen it go both ways. At this point, I think anything with them is a crapshoot.[/QUOTE]

I agree, their reliability has definitely gone down to nearly nothing over the past year or so. I'm not counting on release day delivery but it would be nice. I guess with their recent reliability I should be happy if I get the game at all. :roll:

I finally got my Whitening Ultra credit yesterday. Got two credits saved for Record of Agarest War (all the way in April).

if i have an account on yourfree360games.com, can i sign up for another account on like yourps34free.com? which is also by trainn? or would that be a violation. im new to this stuff.

[quote name='thebeast']if i have an account on yourfree360games.com, can i sign up for another account on like yourps34free.com? which is also by trainn? or would that be a violation. im new to this stuff.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can sign up for as many of TraInn's sites as you want. You can only have one account per site though.

[quote name='PopSmith']Yes, you can sign up for as many of TraInn's sites as you want. You can only have one account per site though.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

However, can you redo offers across their sites? For example, can you do Netflix on both websites?

I've never been interested in other Trainn sites, so, I dunno if you can do this it not.

[quote name='Rig']Yep.

However, can you redo offers across their sites? For example, can you do Netflix on both websites?

I've never been interested in other Trainn sites, so, I dunno if you can do this it not.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can redo offers on different sites unless your information (i.e. your address) has changed from when you did the same offer on a different site. The only reason I'm thinking this is because a company probably won't credit TraInn due to it being a duplicate trial.

However, they also have more offers on some of their other sites. For example, if you go the referral route on YourPS34Free you can complete one "Level A" offer or 50 points worth of "Level B" offers. The Level B offers range from 26 points up to 52 points. Also, they have a ton of Level B offers, over 130, so it probably wouldn't be hard to find a few good and easy ones. You can also go purely points (no referrals) but then you have to complete a crap load of offers.

[quote name='Rig']Yep.

I've never been interested in other Trainn sites, so, I dunno if you can do this it not.[/QUOTE]

You *CAN* do the same offer on both sides, but you're not supposed to. For example, if you do Netflix on YF360G and then you go to do it on the PS3 side, you won't get a message saying you have done that offer already. I don't recall ever getting anything denied for doing it already. (Except when I did an offer on MegaFreebie that I had already done on Trainn...)

I did do a couple duplicates when I did the PS3 side. I went through the T&C at the time, and they seemed a little unclear. I didn't want to risk banning myself halfway though (since one was legitimately an accidnet and I forgotten I did it on the YF360G side), so I made it a point afterwards not to repeat any.

One thing to note is I used two different email addresses for the two Trainn sites; this wasn't done to "work the system" - I was just making sure I kept track of which offers were being done for YF360G and which ones for the PS3.

Also, the PS3 side has far more offers available. (I just checked, and they have 15 pages.) I got my PS3 doing points only in less than 3 months and only cost about $100 for the 16 offers I did.

I had previously earned Mass Effect 2 with YF360G and got notice it shipped on release day. Has anyone received this game yet? Am I being naive to think that it would arrive within two weeks of being told it was on it's way? I have sent several emails and used the contact form but have had no response at all.

Well, since nobody has offered up any advice, I'll take a stab at it. You should have gotten it by now. I'd say keep pestering them. Submit a new support ticket and maybe try posting on their Twitter, stating the problem and that you've submitted a support ticket about it.

http://twitter.com/trainn

i have a free game from doing offers, can i let that sit there for awhile or will they take it away if i dont use it right away, i'd like to wait until ff13 comes out

[quote name='Vegetto991']i have a free game from doing offers, can i let that sit there for awhile or will they take it away if i dont use it right away, i'd like to wait until ff13 comes out[/QUOTE]

You can hold on to it as long as you want....or until TRAINN goes out of business :)

[quote name='Vegetto991']i have a free game from doing offers, can i let that sit there for awhile or will they take it away if i dont use it right away, i'd like to wait until ff13 comes out[/QUOTE]

Your credits can sit forever. I have a credit I just used from 2008 and I have a half-credit from mid-2009.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, since nobody has offered up any advice, I'll take a stab at it. You should have gotten it by now. I'd say keep pestering them. Submit a new support ticket and maybe try posting on their Twitter, stating the problem and that you've submitted a support ticket about it.

http://twitter.com/trainn[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply and twitter link. I did finally get a response from my trouble ticket. Trainn was very good about it, apologizing for the delay and promising to check on the game's tracking information. In the meantime, they sent another copy they promised would arrive in 3-5 days.

[quote name='Hostile 17']Thanks for the reply and twitter link. I did finally get a response from my trouble ticket. Trainn was very good about it, apologizing for the delay and promising to check on the game's tracking information. In the meantime, they sent another copy they promised would arrive in 3-5 days.[/QUOTE]

That's good. Glad to see they're still following through on that stuff like they used to.

Well, I didn't get Release Day Delivery for Dante's Inferno but I just got the "shipped" email from TraInn for it. I will update when the game actually arrives.

[quote name='PopSmith']Well, I didn't get Release Day Delivery for Dante's Inferno but I just got the "shipped" email from TraInn for it. I will update when the game actually arrives.[/QUOTE]

I got the same as well with Bio Shock 2.

[quote name='nolrootltoe']How confirmed is this 3 offers for dj hero thing? I have 3 completed offers and I want to know whether to use them now or save them.[/QUOTE]

With TraInn, nothing is confirmed until it is done and online. :roll:

I just wanted to report that my copy of Dante's Inferno arrived just a few minutes ago. :D

Quick question for anyone who can answer: Since my launch unit XBox360 got the RRoD about a month ago I'm looking to send this game back for a credit on Amazon. Does it really matter what you put as the reason for return other? What would you recommend putting? The available reasons are:

- Accidental Order
- Better price available
- Damaged due to improper packaging
- Missed estimated delivery date
- Missing parts/accessories
- Damaged during shipping
- Different from what was ordered
- Defective/does not work properly - This is the closest one I can think of to "It was for a different console".
- Arrived in addition to what was ordered
- No longer needed/wanted
- Unauthorized purchase
- Different from website description
- I haven't received the item yet

I'm thinking I'll put the "Defective" one and say "I was supposed to get the PS3 version" or something to that effect. I would put accidental order but I don't want Amazon to credit TraInn instead of me. However, it does say "Gift from: Transcendent Innovations, Inc." at the top, so it was ordered as gift.

For anyone that is curious, the order date on the packing slip says February 9th, which this time coincides with the "Shipped" email I got from TraInn.

Maybe I'll just suck it up and pay the ~$5 to ship it back; after trying several different reasons as to why I want to return it I can't really find a realistic option to pick that would have Amazon pay for the return.

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone who has shipped back countless games for credit I can say you should go with missed estimated delivery date. It'll net you a couple extra bucks as they refund trainn's shipping and give you a pre paid label to ship it back. I've done this for games that have arrived on time nearly every time and never had a problem. Sure maybe its not the most ethical thing but it works for me. Just be sure above all to make sure you select the "item was a gift option".

Cheers,
Mike

Thanks for the reply Mike.

I did make sure and mark it as a gift return. It was nice that the packing slip said it was a gift, that way I don't feel bad in returning it. ;)

Amazon used to have a "Wrong version/Console" option once back when I did my only other TraInn return (back when GH III launched) which is what I intended to pick but they don't have it anymore.

I ended up saying it was defective or doesn't work properly, for the comment I put "I received this as a gift and was supposed to get the PS3 version.". I'm not sure how much the comments matter but hopefully it turns out OK. As for the shipping, it did say they would refund my shipping once they get the item.

I'll be sure to reply when I get my credit back and I'll make sure to use the "it didn't arrive on time" option for the next one I return (I'm just one offer away!). :bouncy:

Is there a specific preferred way you guys would advise to contact TRAINN to recommend new titles for an update?

Oh, and I noticed that 10 completions for RE:Gold as well. Aliens vs. Predator is also 10 completions for some reason. Weird mistake for them to make.

[quote name='GuardianE']Is there a specific preferred way you guys would advise to contact TRAINN to recommend new titles for an update?

Oh, and I noticed that 10 completions for RE:Gold as well. Aliens vs. Predator is also 10 completions for some reason. Weird mistake for them to make.[/QUOTE]

I'd either send them a ticket or post on their Twitter account, I believe a Tweet is going to get you a faster response.

[quote name='PopSmith']I'd either send them a ticket or post on their Twitter account, I believe a Tweet is going to get you a faster response.[/QUOTE]

Bah, I'm not on Twitter. Ticket it is. Thanks.

Update Up!
Sorry I don't remember which games were in the last update.

Major League Baseball 2K10
Resident Evil 5 Gold
Final Fantasy XIII
Resonance of Fate
Battlefield Bad Company 2
LIPS Party Classics
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing
Risen
PopCap Arcade Vol. 2
Deadly Premonition
Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce
Aliens vs. Predator