Free Xbox 360 Games (from Trainn...who is updating slowly)

[quote name='Rig']And I got my copy of Bioshock 2 today![/QUOTE]

Damn, I ordered this game when they first put it up there and still havn't gotten it. I hope it's just all this snow here on the East Coast that has slowed things....Here's hoping for tomorrow

[quote name='macjz212']Damn, I ordered this game when they first put it up there and still havn't gotten it. I hope it's just all this snow here on the East Coast that has slowed things....Here's hoping for tomorrow[/QUOTE]

I would definitely bet that's it. I'm in NC, and I had an order I personally placed from Amazon that was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday (with 2 Day Amazon Prime shipping), that didn't show up until Friday. And right now, Amazon has this warning on item pages.

amazondelay.jpg

Aw, the lack of activity makes me so sad. Anyway, my Netflix credit came through (don't know how I missed that one) and I ordered Dante's Inferno...5 minutes later I got the shipping notification. This could be glorious.

I got modern warfar 2 back in november (my last order). at the end of the december i got a random credit that's been in my account since. I guess i shouldnt complain? lol

still need one more decent offer....ideas?

[quote name='dcgm']I got modern warfar 2 back in november (my last order). at the end of the december i got a random credit that's been in my account since. I guess i shouldnt complain? lol

still need one more decent offer....ideas?[/QUOTE]

If you haven't done Identity Guard it's free (see the OP). I can't think of any other decent offers besides that one.

Just a small update, I got an email from Amazon saying they received my return of Dante's Inferno.

The email didn't have a GC or anything in it but it did say "If you are due a refund you will receive it soon."

I'll let everyone know when I get the refund (and how much it is).

Update: I got two gift cards from Amazon. One for $64.97 ($56.99 + $7.98 shipping) and one for $1.90 for the return shipping. For those that are curious, it took a total of five days from the time I sent them item until I got my refund.

Also, it took about two hours from the time I got the first "We have received your returned item" email until I got my gift cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
PopSmith, I've had similar experiences with Amazon. Their process seems to have changed recently.

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to have Dante's Inferno show up today. I placed the order Monday night, got shipping confirmation later that night, and it showed up today. I was surprised how fast it came considering the problem's I've been reading about on here.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']You would think that Trainn would have an account with Amazon Prime on it. $8 for shipping makes no sense.

I'm going to try Identity Guard now.[/QUOTE]

Companies are not Prime eligible and TraInn used 2nd day shipping on the game, which is probably why it cost them $8 in shipping.

I was looking at Keen and just had a thought. Is it possible to do a pre-recorded session and still get credit?

Many of the pre-recorded ones are a few minutes long and some of them are $1/minute which would use up your credit.

[quote name='PopSmith']I was looking at Keen and just had a thought. Is it possible to do a pre-recorded session and still get credit?

Many of the pre-recorded ones are a few minutes long and some of them are $1/minute which would use up your credit.[/QUOTE]

To get my credit, I simply picked a couple of them. As soon as the person answered the phone, I said hello...and then goodbye. Because it rounds up to a full minute, I was only on the phone for a couple seconds.

Just a thought. I dunno if pre-recorded messages count or not, though I don't see why they wouldn't.

[quote name='Rig']To get my credit, I simply picked a couple of them. As soon as the person answered the phone, I said hello...and then goodbye. Because it rounds up to a full minute, I was only on the phone for a couple seconds.

Just a thought. I dunno if pre-recorded messages count or not, though I don't see why they wouldn't.[/QUOTE]

I found a pre-recorded message that supposedly 4 minutes long, it lasted 3 mins and 40 seconds but as you pointed out it rounds up.

The call's cost was $1/minute so this allowed me to get rid of both my three free minutes and the $1 I deposited in a single call.

It was titled "Insights to Your Soul" and was a pre-recorded call. I actually did it on my YPS34F account because I needed an offer. I had to file an MCR on it but I'll report here if I get credit because I figure someone might want the information for YF360G.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='alc919']has anyone tried or been wanting to try hgh or xtremeno?

im curious to see if it is similar to zizzazz[/QUOTE]

Both are extremely expensive, $50 (!) for the cheapest option. However, I did some poking around their Affiliate programs and they both have an option for a free 14-Day trial that nets $40 per signup. TraInn should jump on those instead as they would convert a lot better.

It turns out this company called "MarketHealth" is behind those two offers. They have 32 (!) different free-trial offers, a whole mess of things from weight loss to a sunless tan to skin care, that net the Affiliate $40 per signup and $55 if someone does a non-trial option.

If anyone wants to see their crazy list of Trial Offers you can check it out here.

I completed Audible back in December. But I canceled a day or two before the requirement, so that I wouldn't get charged for an extra month. I just got back around to using the site, and I completed a few and ordered MLB2k10. Would that early cancelling be an issue for me?

[quote name='Z0MGitsAndy']I completed Audible back in December. But I canceled a day or two before the requirement, so that I wouldn't get charged for an extra month. I just got back around to using the site, and I completed a few and ordered MLB2k10. Would that early cancelling be an issue for me?[/QUOTE]

Since ~2 months have passed since you did Audible, I'd say that as long as you still have (or had) the credit it shouldn't be a problem.

[quote name='PopSmith']Since ~2 months have passed since you did Audible, I'd say that as long as you still have (or had) the credit it shouldn't be a problem.[/QUOTE]

Oh, alright. I was just hoping they wouldn't revoke another credit that I had done recently. Or even close my account or something. Thanks

I did Identity Guard on Saturday I didn't get any credit yet :(. Any other good choices to do anyways. What does Lifelock end up costing in the end?

Looks like some new offers are up; unfortunately they are all lame ones.

Boca Java

Requirements:To receive credit, purchase 2lb. bags of coffee
Usually reports 1-2 business days.

It costs $14.95 for the first order and you are required to order a second item before you can cancel your account, which can be done online or over the phone.

The regular retail price for our 8oz. bags of coffee is $7.49. We also carry Jamaican Blue Mountain for $41.95, Hawaiian Kona for $18.95 and a Rainforest Alliance Panamanian blend for $9.95. Our gourmet teas range in price from $4.95 - $18.95.

If you agree to these terms and conditions and accept this promotional offer you...may cancel after one additional order. Your second order must include the same quantity of coffee as the promotional offer and will be billed at our retail product prices and must be made within sixty days of your first purchase....After your second order you may cancel by logging into your account at www.bocajava.com or by calling 1-888-BOCA-JAVA.

Menozac

Requirements: To receive credit, order a bottle of Menozac.

The cheapest option is one bottle of Menozac for $49.95. :roll:

Idol Tan

Requirements: To receive credit, order a bottle of Idol Tan.

Same as Menozac, $49.95 for the cheapest option.

Thyromine

Requirements: To receive credit, order Thyromine

The cheapest option here is $40.

[quote name='Z0MGitsAndy']What are the chances that MLB 2k10 has release day shipping? Mine still says processing.[/QUOTE]

Depends on when you ordered it and even then it's up to TraInn to put the order in on time.

I ordered (from YF360G) Dante's Inferno about a week before it released and it shipped on release day but I got it two days after.

[quote name='PopSmith']Depends on when you ordered it and even then it's up to TraInn to put the order in on time.

I ordered (from YF360G) Dante's Inferno about a week before it released and it shipped on release day but I got it two days after.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok. I ordered Borderlands and MW2 and got them on release date. So I ordered MLB 2k10 about 3 weeks ago, hoping for same thing. I guess I'll see. They have been a little less reliable lately though.

[quote name='miktau']Got $72 in amazon credit for the xbox live gold bundle, hell yeah.[/QUOTE]

I think I'll put an order in for one of those...I've had two credits sitting for a while now.

[quote name='Rocko']Thanks for all of the information on the new offers, PopSmith.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I figured the community would want the information. I also only need one credit to get another game so I checked 'em all out hoping one (or more) would be good, and easy, enough to do so I could get another game. Too bad they're all crappy ones, in my opinion.

[quote name='miktau']Got $72 in amazon credit for the xbox live gold bundle, hell yeah.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, what did you order? The only things I can see on YF360G are the Messenger Gold pack, which shows a "retail" of $70 but is selling for $58.96 from Amazon, and the "Bundle 1" is worth ~$45. :???:

damn i dont want any 360 games and i've had two credit since last september... i want the 2 Pokemon games, whats the best item to order and "return" for credit?

[quote name='eminemobied12']damn i dont want any 360 games and i've had two credit since last september... i want the 2 Pokemon games, whats the best item to order and "return" for credit?[/QUOTE]

Currently Final Fantasy XIII or Battlefield Bad Company 2, neither of which are out yet. However, BC2 comes out tomorrow and FF 13 comes out on the 9th.

FF 13 is $59.99 and BC2 is $59.95 right now on Amazon so either of those is your best bet.

[quote name='PopSmith']Currently Final Fantasy XIII or Battlefield Bad Company 2, neither of which are out yet. However, BC2 comes out tomorrow and FF 13 comes out on the 9th.

FF 13 is $59.99 and BC2 is $59.95 right now on Amazon so either of those is your best bet.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know how a returned game works when a "Game Credit" is involved?

I saw FF XIII was $59.99...but it also comes with the $10 credit. Trainn would end up with that credit on their account. If you return a game, what happens with the credit? Does it hose a return up in any way?

Guess that's why I went with the Messenger pack...which shipped today. Wow, they are on the ball!

[quote name='PopSmith']No problem. I figured the community would want the information. I also only need one credit to get another game so I checked 'em all out hoping one (or more) would be good, and easy, enough to do so I could get another game. Too bad they're all crappy ones, in my opinion.

Just curious, what did you order? The only things I can see on YF360G are the Messenger Gold pack, which shows a "retail" of $70 but is selling for $58.96 from Amazon, and the "Bundle 1" is worth ~$45. :???:[/QUOTE]

The messenger gold gets 58.96 + nys tax on the principal + overnight shipping refunded ($8 or so) which came out to almost $72.

[quote name='Rig']Does anyone know how a returned game works when a "Game Credit" is involved?

I saw FF XIII was $59.99...but it also comes with the $10 credit. Trainn would end up with that credit on their account. If you return a game, what happens with the credit? Does it hose a return up in any way?

Guess that's why I went with the Messenger pack...which shipped today. Wow, they are on the ball![/QUOTE]

I'd guess that TraInn gets the credit revoked. However, since TraInn's been marking games as a gift they might be able to keep the credit and you get the refund. However, if Amazon revokes the credit from TraInn that might put your account at risk. I'd rather not chance it.

It looks like the current best things to get (for returning) are the "Xbox Live Messenger Gold" or BC2. If someone was willing to wait I'd get BC2 as it's only a week away for $59.95 + possible Same Day Shipping, which probably costs $12, if not more.

[quote name='miktau']The messenger gold gets 58.96 + nys tax on the principal + overnight shipping refunded ($8 or so) which came out to almost $72.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I live Utah so Amazon doesn't charge tax like they are required to in NY.

Also, looks like they added two new offers, both of which are Canada only and not worth doing, even if you're in Canada:

Gaming Club

Requirements: To receive credit: register, deposit, and wager $50

Usually reports instantly.

Lucky Nugget - This one's been on before.

Requirements: To receive credit: register, deposit, and wager $50.

Usually reports instantly

A bunch more offers have been added, however, some of them are repeats. When I find out costs for each offer I'll add the info. Sorry for the really long post!

The Week Magazine

Requirements: To receive credit, subscribe to The Week Magazine. Canceled orders will result in credit reversal.

Usually reports within 30 days

Tassimo Coffee

Requirements: To receive credit, order the Tassimo Brewer

Usually reports same day

Sibu

Requirements: To receive credit, make a purchase of $50 or more

Usually reports same day

DoubleDay Canada

Requirements: To receive credit, register for the DoubleDay Canada book club

CreditReport.com

Requirements: To receive credit, order your credit report

Provincial Trust

Requirements: To receive credit, apply and be approved for the card

Usually reports 3-5 business days

BookScene.ca

Requirements: To receive credit, make a purchase of $15 or more

Bingo Cabin - Canada Only

Requirements: To receive credit, downloads the software, sign up as a real money player, deposits and wager $20.

Jackpot City - Canada Only

Requirements: To receive credit, register for Jackpot City, dowload the gaming application, and deposits $50

Usually reports next business day

The Good Cook - Canada Only

Requirements: To receive credit, join the book club

Video Professor

Requirements: To receive credit, order a computer training lesson

In my opinion these all still suck except the Credit Report offer, and it might suck too. Bookscene.ca requires you to order at least three books during the year. This puts you at a minimum of $25 without shipping if you choose to go the $15 route on the first book.

[quote name='Rig']Ordered my Messenger Kit Sunday night, and received it today. Pretty darn good, Trainn.[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear. Now if only TraInn would add some decent offers the site would be back to it's older self where it was actually good. ;)

i've been sitting on some credits for quite some time now and the talk about getting amazon credit makes me want to do it but how does that work? Since they don't have your amazon account.. i don't really understand. I don't know if we're allowed to talk about this but if we're not i'll edit it.

[quote name='uEih']i've been sitting on some credits for quite some time now and the talk about getting amazon credit makes me want to do it but how does that work? Since they don't have your amazon account.. i don't really understand. I don't know if we're allowed to talk about this but if we're not i'll edit it.[/QUOTE]

You just order an item from YF360G and when it arrives you return it to Amazon. You have to initiate the return on Amazon.com and remember to mark the return (on Amazon) as a gift so you get a GC instead of TraInn getting the credit back.

As long as you don't return a whole bunch of stuff, I'd say stay below $500 in a year, you'll be fine. The only known banning from YF360G happened because someone returned ~$600 worth of items for credit in a year.

Ok thanks, so i get the item and go on my amazon account and request a return and mark as gift then when i get it shipped they'll issue me a gift card? Sounds simple enough.. Glad i asked cause i thought i just mark "Refuse Delivery" or something. So I need to pay for the shipping back? Also the best item is either FF13 or the Xbox Live Gold Kit right?

[quote name='uEih']Ok thanks, so i get the item and go on my amazon account and request a return and mark as gift then when i get it shipped they'll issue me a gift card? Sounds simple enough.. Glad i asked cause i thought i just mark "Refuse Delivery" or something. So I need to pay for the shipping back? Also the best item is either FF13 or the Xbox Live Gold Kit right?[/QUOTE]

If you are doing this just to return it I'd order the "Xbox Live Messenger Gold".

The return link is: http://www.amazon.com/gp/css/returns/homepage.html

Be sure, above all else, to click "I received the item as a gift." and that you enter your email address correctly as that is where they will send the GC. The reason for return is up to you, I've read that "Missed expected delivery date" is a good one.

I did Identity Guard approx 24 hours ago and haven't received credit yet. I was hoping to get credit and order Final Fantasy before next week. Anyone else take longer than a day to get credit. If I don't receive it by tomorrow, what's another easy one that people have had good luck with instant credit?

Did I miss something about Amazon returns? I remember that some people were banned for doing it a while back from TRAINN sites. Did they come out and say it was okay to do now?

[quote name='GuardianE']Did I miss something about Amazon returns? I remember that some people were banned for doing it a while back from TRAINN sites. Did they come out and say it was okay to do now?[/QUOTE]

I don't think TraInn ever said it was "OK" to return stuff. However, the banning that is quoted in the OP was from someone who returned everything they got from TraInn in a year's time. If you're only returning

bread's done
Back