Free Xbox Game!

slimpip

CAGiversary!
Well, I just called in to cancel an annual subscription to Xbox Live. I told the rep I didn't have the time to play at the moment and would be re-newing on the service in a couple of months. He then offered me a choice of

Counterstrike
Crimson Skies
Links
Top Spin
Ralli Sport 1 or 2

Just so I wouldn't cancel!

I gladly took Crimson Skies for FREE, just for not cancelling today :)

Doesn't hurt to try! 1800 4-MYXBOX

I called them to cancel my account but they didn't give me a free game, that's a shame. Though I was trying to cancel my 2 free months from Halo 2 before it started taking money, so that's probably why.

The darn thing wouldn't let me kill it from the Xbox itself.

[quote name='slimpip']Well, I just called in to cancel an annual subscription to Xbox Live. I told the rep I didn't have the time to play at the moment and would be re-newing on the service in a couple of months. He then offered me a choice of

Counterstrike
Crimson Skies
GAME I CAN'T REMEMBER :?
Ralli Sport 1 or 2

Doesn't hurt to try! 1800 4-MYXBOX[/quote]

was the mystery game Project Gotham Racing 2?

[quote name='SqueeMK2']I called them to cancel my account but they didn't give me a free game, that's a shame. Though I was trying to cancel my 2 free months from Halo 2 before it started taking money, so that's probably why.

The darn thing wouldn't let me kill it from the Xbox itself.[/quote]
Has anyone been offered a free game for canceling a two month subscription?...I've only heard of it being offered to annual subscribers.

[quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='SqueeMK2']I called them to cancel my account but they didn't give me a free game, that's a shame. Though I was trying to cancel my 2 free months from Halo 2 before it started taking money, so that's probably why.

The darn thing wouldn't let me kill it from the Xbox itself.[/quote]
Has anyone been offered a free game for canceling a two month subscription?...I've only heard of it being offered to annual subscribers.[/quote]
Yeah, but that was about 6mo. ago. I've cancelled three times and twice I've been offered the games that the OP posted.

The important thing to say is during when they ask you why you are cancelling. I said I couldn't afford it since I'd rather use the money for buying more games. That's when I was offered the games.

[quote name='SqueeMK2']The darn thing wouldn't let me kill it from the Xbox itself.[/quote]

That's weird, that's how I cancelled. :?

[quote name='slimpip']Well, I just called in to cancel an annual subscription to Xbox Live. I told the rep I didn't have the time to play at the moment and would be re-newing on the service in a couple of months. He then offered me a choice of

Counterstrike
Crimson Skies
GAME I CAN'T REMEMBER :?
Ralli Sport 1 or 2

Doesn't hurt to try! 1800 4-MYXBOX[/quote]

topspin and Links

it absolutely works. i tried it and got crimson skies coming to me in 6-8 weeks for free. i think you have to agree to stay on for a year from the time you call them in order to get the game. i didn't really pay attention to that part. there were two games you left out of your list and they are Links and Top Spin. I was tempted to get top spin because it got great reviews but then i remembered; i'm not into tennis. anyways this is the first deal i've taken part of on CAG and it was a good one. thanks again. \:D/

This is a fairly standard procedure if you have tivo and threaten to cancel in order to use cable tv's dvr service they will cut your monthly fee in half. It's even a better deal in microsofts situation because those games have more value in your mind than they actually do in reality. This is why bundling games is the first option before a price drop because you see the games and incorporate their purchase cost as the as a discount in the bundle.

Thanks for letting me know the games :) I edited the original post. And the guy I talked to didn't mention renewing for ANOTHER year. But, to me it doesn't really matter because I called right back and cancelled anyway :)

Wow are you guys really serious? I would do this but then they would probably cancel my account without asking me to renew which I don't want to happen. So I rather not try :?

I saw a bunch of the XBL 1 year starter kits have free games now (the ones at EB did anyway). My bro needed to buy another year subscription and I needed a headset. So we got that and it came with a free game packed in (Mechassult or Crimson Skies).

We got that for $70! That's not a bad deal...

you can get free months from AOL if you say you wanna cancel. I had like 3 extra months when I used to have it cause i told them I'm gunna cancel. did it month after month until I got my road runner.

[quote name='blackjaw']so thats like a 60 dollar game after re-uping for a year...??[/quote]

Nah the rep didn't ask me to subscribe for another year, he just said it was for not cancelling. So who knows?

And it's not really a scam if you actually are trying to cancel. Like me :)

[quote name='blackjaw']so thats like a 60 dollar game after re-uping for a year...??[/quote]

well the games they offer... most you can get for 15-20 bucks

[quote name='BULL_Ship']It's even a better deal in microsofts situation because those games have more value in your mind than they actually do in reality. [/quote]

I have to agree with you, I got Top Spin, PGR2, and Crimson Skies for $5 each during the CC glitch in Dec.

[quote name='slimpip']Thanks for letting me know the games :) I edited the original post. And the guy I talked to didn't mention renewing for ANOTHER year. But, to me it doesn't really matter because I called right back and cancelled anyway :)[/quote]

That's hilarious. Be interesting to see if they are slick enough to cancel your free game or not.

[quote name='slimpip'][quote name='blackjaw']so thats like a 60 dollar game after re-uping for a year...??[/quote]

Nah the rep didn't ask me to subscribe for another year, he just said it was for not cancelling. So who knows?

And it's not really a scam if you actually are trying to cancel. Like me :)[/quote]

Well if you check your xbox...mine says it will renew for $50 for 12 months if you do not cancel by date xxx. So if you take the game and do not cancel I'm sure you get charged $50.

I cancelled my Live subscription last night and after having the guy talk about all the benefits and trying to get me not to cancel for 20 minutes, he finally let me cancel, although he didn't offer me a free game. If he had offered a free game, I probably would have stayed, but for now, $50 is better spent on a few games than on Xbox Live.

[quote name='SaMiDaDrAgOn']you can get free months from AOL if you say you wanna cancel. I had like 3 extra months when I used to have it cause i told them I'm gunna cancel. did it month after month until I got my road runner.[/quote]

I had AOL for free for a year doing that... then I got DSL.... haha, good times.

[quote name='Indiana'][quote name='slimpip'][quote name='blackjaw']so thats like a 60 dollar game after re-uping for a year...??[/quote]

And it's not really a scam if you actually are trying to cancel. Like me :)[/quote]

Well if you check your xbox...mine says it will renew for $50 for 12 months if you do not cancel by date xxx. So if you take the game and do not cancel I'm sure you get charged $50.[/quote]

You can change it to charge you per month. It's a good idea if you forget to cancel or something, then you won't be facing a $50 bill.

[quote name='vgossain']I cancelled my Live subscription last night and after having the guy talk about all the benefits and trying to get me not to cancel for 20 minutes, he finally let me cancel, although he didn't offer me a free game. If he had offered a free game, I probably would have stayed, but for now, $50 is better spent on a few games than on Xbox Live.[/quote]

Just canceled my 2mo trial tonight via phone (since for some stinkin' reason I couldn't cancel from my console...). So I got this nice, older lady how also spouted the benifits of XBLive...even mentioned about using it for long distance phone service - ha ha ha - but no free game offer.

No biggie...have 3 / 2mo trials laying around still - just got one in my FIFA 2005 I got for $10 off overstock.com + 2 from an Ausi xbox site...

[quote name='mcwilliams132'][quote name='vgossain']I cancelled my Live subscription last night and after having the guy talk about all the benefits and trying to get me not to cancel for 20 minutes, he finally let me cancel, although he didn't offer me a free game. If he had offered a free game, I probably would have stayed, but for now, $50 is better spent on a few games than on Xbox Live.[/quote]

Just canceled my 2mo trial tonight via phone (since for some stinkin' reason I couldn't cancel from my console...). So I got this nice, older lady how also spouted the benifits of XBLive...even mentioned about using it for long distance phone service - ha ha ha - but no free game offer.

No biggie...have 3 / 2mo trials laying around still - just got one in my FIFA 2005 I got for $10 off overstock.com + 2 from an Ausi xbox site...[/quote]
You didn't get offered anything because you were cancelling a free trial. The OP was cancelling a year of paid service.

I wonder if it would work if I was cancelling my 1 year subscription from Pandora Tomorrow. :whistle2:k

That would be cool though because I just traded in Crimson Skies and am starting to regret it.

bread's done
Back