Free Xbox Live avatar item from Final Fantasy XIII

Was kinda mad that I missed it, but after looking at it, meh. I could give or take. I think I like the Halo Spark I got from waypoint is a cooler pet though. Have to agree with some of the folks that are dissapointed at its size. Although that could just be me rationalizing the fact that I didnt get it. Oh well, no biggie.

I haven't seen it, but you guys seem to be describing it like it's a fugly and cheap looking. I'll decide for myself, but I get the feeling these are either sour grapes, or people really thought the graphics engine for the Avatars could make it look as fluffy as it did in the picture (I'm guessing it doesn't).

Such foolishness, these Avatars. I do miss the trusty blades.

[quote name='mis0']Got my shits. I think I signed up TWICE for the avatar item by accident so if I happen to get an extra one..[/QUOTE]

You can send it my way:p

Yeah I don't know how you guys can complain about something that was free. Sure it's not some bad ass chocobo we can race around on (how awesome would that be !?), but it's FREE.

Just got, and cashed, my code. I like the little bugger. He looks just like the one from the early trailers. I kinda wonder if an Afro'd out avatar would have him nest in their hair?... Would be funny if it did.

Free = Win. Kinda like the sherlock avatar outfits that you got for free from best buy a while back with a movie ticket.

Got mine last night, used the code but havent downloaded him yet. Youre f-ing serious $50 bux for a free digital pet? Man I missed out on $50 easy bux...
Are people really this stupid?

Damn I missed this, would have liked a code. No chance in hell I would pay for one though. People who pay $50 on ebay for a code like this are idiots and clearly have more money than brain cells.

$10 is beyond nutty. I can almost guarantee you this will be made available for purchase sooner or later. I can at least understand when people are willing to pay a lot for game content that is limited for a certain amount of time. This is meaningless junk. But hey, if someone on eBay is actually willing to pay me $10 for this, fine by me.

Well dang, this is the first I've seen of this, I go to the site and of course it's closed or whatever :whistle2:/ Oh well

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']$10 is beyond nutty. I can almost guarantee you this will be made available for purchase sooner or later. I can at least understand when people are willing to pay a lot for game content that is limited for a certain amount of time. This is meaningless junk. But hey, if someone on eBay is actually willing to pay me $10 for this, fine by me.[/QUOTE]
This is limited, Major Nelson said that that was the only time they would be available.

I'm not a Final Fantasy fan, but it was free and limited. If I would've known people were actually paying for this stuff, I would not have redeemed my code so quick.

[quote name='Brother Daz']This is limited, Major Nelson said that that was the only time they would be available.[/QUOTE]

Of course he is going to say that, because they were pushing the marketing campaign. They wanted people getting involved, and the way to do that is by saying it's only going to be available this one way. This happens all the time in gaming. Look at all the pre-order bonuses that are "exclusive" to a certain retailer. Then, the thing becomes available months later, often for free, and people cry about it. "Limited" or "exclusive" means "until we decide otherwise." If you honestly don't think this isn't gonna pop up for $2 when FFXIII drops, you're crazy. They will rake in easy money. They are not gonna pass that up. Not because of something a marketing guy said months earlier.

Man, I would've parted with it for $50. Heck, that could've paid for the import FF13 soundtrack!! Doh!

OH well, I love me some Final Fantasy and I'm a big sucker for Avatar stuff, so I"ll have fun with my stupid little chicken.

Yeah I wish I would have sold mine on ebay also, oh well I made $15 from the Prof. Chaos promo code for the South Park arcade game a couple weeks back.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Of course he is going to say that, because they were pushing the marketing campaign. They wanted people getting involved, and the way to do that is by saying it's only going to be available this one way. This happens all the time in gaming. Look at all the pre-order bonuses that are "exclusive" to a certain retailer. Then, the thing becomes available months later, often for free, and people cry about it. "Limited" or "exclusive" means "until we decide otherwise." If you honestly don't think this isn't gonna pop up for $2 when FFXIII drops, you're crazy. They will rake in easy money. They are not gonna pass that up. Not because of something a marketing guy said months earlier.[/QUOTE]

There are lots of exclusive/pre-order/promo items that end up being pretty limited and not easily attainable... Just a few off the top of my head [some might be available now as I havn't really looked it up recently]

Fable 2's LE DLC content
Convention Items [Avatar / Themes / Gamerpics / etc.]
Gears of War 2 Gold Weapons

[quote name='TomoyoN']There are lots of exclusive/pre-order/promo items that end up being pretty limited and not easily attainable... Just a few off the top of my head [some might be available now as I havn't really looked it up recently]

Fable 2's LE DLC content
Convention Items [Avatar / Themes / Gamerpics / etc.]
Gears of War 2 Gold Weapons[/QUOTE]

Everybody gets the gold weapons for gears now.

edit: just got my code in email, are these things really cool to have? or sell? lol

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Everybody gets the gold weapons for gears now.
[/QUOTE]

Not if you are trying to get them right now

[quote name='62t']Not if you are trying to get them right now[/QUOTE]

oh, just figured cus i went on like a week ago and had a gold lancer and hammerburst and everyone else said they had em too

bread's done
Back