FREE Xbox Live GOLD Weekend 3/4-3/7

IPlay4Fun

Banned
xbox live GOLD is free this weekend.
FROM xbox.com
http://dealspl.us/special-offers/p_xbox-live-gold-free-weekend-3-4-11-3-7-11

*edit* only for US

CHECK OUT : The Official Need For Speed FACEBOOK Account, its one of their most recent announcements for confirmation. It is happening!
Also confirmation of this is even on the gold members DASH:
Under Inside Xbox,
Breakout Kings Advertisement,
on the top of the advertisement it states: Free Gold weekend brought to you by the break out kings tv show.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kaiser499']How do these free weekends work, do you just sign in or what?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just sign in.

This is sweet. Anyone know if this will give me access to buying Pac-man CE DX for the Gold exclusive price of 400 points? Or is that only for paid accounts?

[quote name='bthoma']This is sweet. Anyone know if this will give me access to buying Pac-man CE DX for the Gold exclusive price of 400 points? Or is that only for paid accounts?[/QUOTE]

You can buy that game but it might not be on sale on the 4th but you have all the access as everyone else with a gold account.

I think they know that you are a silver account and you wont be able to get a Gold bonus. It opens up online playing and Netflix, etc.

[quote name='bthoma']This is sweet. Anyone know if this will give me access to buying Pac-man CE DX for the Gold exclusive price of 400 points? Or is that only for paid accounts?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK sale prices are only for paid accounts. These promo events are only for online play.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']more free stuff for people that don't give their money to microsoft. blah[/QUOTE]

You know that this doesn't affect you in any way right?

I searched, but haven't seen confirmation on this Gold weekend anywhere reliable yet.

I don't think this has been announced by Major Nelson, has it?

And it would be odd to have another free weekend when the last one happened so recently...

[quote name='reapersaurus']I searched, but haven't seen confirmation on this Gold weekend anywhere reliable yet.

And it would be odd to have another free weekend when the last one happened so recently...[/QUOTE]

I saw it on the dashboard last night in the advertisement for a new AMC TV series.

I sure hope it's legit -

but if it is, than MS REALLY should try getting their massive marketing/information groups together on this one.
I mean, if Major Nelson can't even bother to post about it, you know you have a communications issue...

The AMC show is Breakout Kings - Look for that advertisement on the dashboard. I looked on xbox.com and I cant find anything about the weekend event.

[quote name='bthoma']This is sweet. Anyone know if this will give me access to buying Pac-man CE DX for the Gold exclusive price of 400 points? Or is that only for paid accounts?[/QUOTE]Free gold events are only for online play and do not give access to gold only downloads or sales.

[quote name='reapersaurus']I searched, but haven't seen confirmation on this Gold weekend anywhere reliable yet.

And it would be odd to have another free weekend when the last one happened so recently...[/QUOTE]

I Found This On The OFFICIAL NEED FOR SPEED FACEBOOK PAGE.
IF you have them liked on your facebook check it out. the announcement is one of the most recent posts. If you havent got them on your facebook. Check it out.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']more free stuff for people that don't give their money to microsoft. blah[/QUOTE]

It's 3 fucking days of free gold to silver members. Stop crying about it.

It's like when Showtime or HBO has their free weekends. Nobody in their right mind complains about that either.

[quote name='confoosious']It's 3 fucking days of free gold to silver members. Stop crying about it.

It's like when Showtime or HBO has their free weekends. Nobody in their right mind complains about that either.[/QUOTE] I highlighted the key words for you.

Showtime and HBO free weekends? I want to get in on that. I was dissapointed in the lack of jokes in this thread, but learning about those makes up for it.

I had a thought. Is there anyone here that only has a 360, and can't afford a gold account, so they only get 3 days a year of online play? That would be so sad. Microsoft should be ashamed of itself. Not trying to bash, but seriously, give it for free, and get more than one exclusive coming, or microsoft is going down the shitter. I know microsofts got a lot of fans that are going to stick with it anyway, cause of friends and achievement points, but they are in a sorry state in comparison to the cometition's offerings at the moment. In my opinion. If they are not very close to a new console, I dont know WTF they are doing with one exclusive coming this year

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']WEll obviously you need to have cable or directv during those free weekends... in case that wasn't clear.[/QUOTE]

I have basic comcast. Havent had it for long though. I had no idea the mvie channels did free weekends, so i'll need to check on those.

psn free every weekend... say whaaaaaa?

question: my friend's gold expired, will he be able to purchase pac-man for the dotw price this weekend?

[quote name='Newl']question: my friend's gold expired, will he be able to purchase pac-man for the dotw price this weekend?[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']chill out i dont actually care. jesus christ you ppl need to get laid[/QUOTE]

Sounds like something that fits a "u mad?" post. Anyways, free XBL is great but IMO Microsoft just doesn't do it enough. I imagine their turnover rate is decent after these events, so the fact that they happen only like twice a year is pretty weak.

[quote name='Newl'] question: my friend's gold expired, will he be able to purchase pac-man for the dotw price this weekend?[/QUOTE]

No that's only for paying subscibers.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Sounds like something that fits a "u mad?" post.[/QUOTE]

I'm not actually mad though. I was making an lol. in both of my posts, but it's whatever.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']chill out i dont actually care. you ppl need to get laid[/QUOTE]

No we don't and dude, just chill.

[quote name='AzzidReign']Wow finally! And it's during a weekend I'm not busy, this is amazing news![/QUOTE]

every silver member should love this

i guess i'll try to wrap up some online achievements then i'll be back on psn where its free everyday. thank you very much.

great! now maybe i can finish gow2 co-op.

btw, anyone know if crysis 2 demo is downloadable for silvers?

Also confirmation of this is even on the gold members DASH:
Under Inside Xbox,
Breakout Kings Advertisement,
on the top of the advertisement it states: Free Gold weekend brought to you by the break out kings tv show.

[quote name='Xenogears']Showtime and HBO free weekends? I want to get in on that. I was dissapointed in the lack of jokes in this thread, but learning about those makes up for it.

I had a thought. Is there anyone here that only has a 360, and can't afford a gold account, so they only get 3 days a year of online play? That would be so sad. Microsoft should be ashamed of itself. Not trying to bash, but seriously, give it for free, and get more than one exclusive coming, or microsoft is going down the shitter. I know microsofts got a lot of fans that are going to stick with it anyway, cause of friends and achievement points, but they are in a sorry state in comparison to the cometition's offerings at the moment. In my opinion. If they are not very close to a new console, I dont know WTF they are doing with one exclusive coming this year[/QUOTE]

Gosh you're right, Microsoft might as well just close up shop and call it a career they're doing so horrible right now.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/NPD_2010_sales_figures

Oh wait.

[quote name='danh920']yay achievements[/QUOTE]
what does this mean? so you can only get game achievements if you're a gold member? if so that is sooo fuck

[quote name='Archfiend']what does this mean? so you can only get game achievements if you're a gold member? if so that is sooo fuck[/QUOTE]

No, that is not true for all achievements. However, there are lots of online play achievements and people can get those this weekend without a Gold account. Even though I have Gold paid up for like 2 more years, I appreciate these weekends because it means my 8 year-old son can get some of the online achievements that he occasionally wants. For example, there's like one online achievement for Kinect Adventures. Now, tomorrow, he can get that which is nice. He doesn't play the Xbox enough and certainly doesn't normally play online so a Gold membership would be a total waste for him. In the past, I have used 2-day trial codes when he wants to play online. I think all he's ever played online before was Bomberman and Beautiful Katamari ;).

Considering it's now the fourth in all of the United States, what time do these start (and end)?

8AM PST? Noon? 10PM? Some random time like 6:33?

The last FREE Gold weekend was only weeks ago and that began @ Noon Eastern time. It actually totals 72 hours and lasts until Monday A.M.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']The last FREE Gold weekend was only weeks ago and that began @ Noon Eastern time. It actually totals 72 hours and lasts until Monday A.M.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. 9AM it is (likely) then.

I was just curious if I could hop on right now. Although I don't think the person who actually owns the Xbox (I don't own one) would like me to wake em up at this hour. :)

This comes at a perfect time for me. I have been shopping around for a cheap subscription card, finally found one on Buy.com, but their shipping takes a while. Since I haven't got the card yet, I can just use the free weekend and renew the card when it arrives.

Thanks OP. :)

bread's done
Back