Free Xbox Live with Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

I wonder what the expiration dates on those Live trials will be, since the other ones expire on March 31. Any word if the other games that have that trial will get updated ones too? I bet a lot of retailers will be dealing with "HAY this trial expired!" people soon.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']I wonder what the expiration dates on those Live trials will be, since the other ones expire on March 31. Any word if the other games that have that trial will get updated ones too? I bet a lot of retailers will be dealing with "HAY this trial expired!" people soon.[/quote] Good point forgot about that

I always wonder what those people use to talk when they take this kinda deals. Microsoft gives out a lot of this 2 months free thing, but they don't come with a headset.
Plus, can this deal be used by existing Live users?

Just picked up SC:pT and got a free one year subscription card. What a deal!! it can be used for a new account or to extend your existing account. Not bad at all..

I wonder if I could stack this on top of the two month trial I'm using now which runs out the beginning of April. I guess it depends on whether it's two months free or another two month trial...

I hope you guys know that for the 1 year subscription of X Box live is for 1 out of every 13 copies of the game, all stuck in at random.

It's all a lottery. I'd buy the game just for the card (well, not JUST), but I'd probably end up getting a 2 month one, and I wouldn't want to keep returning it until i got a year.

[quote name='flizmo007']Just picked up SC:pT and got a free one year subscription card. What a deal!! it can be used for a new account or to extend your existing account. Not bad at all..[/quote]

Just picked up my copy and I got a year's subscription too!

You do not need to purchase the game....

How to Enter:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes will begin on March 15, 2004, and end on December 31, 2004. Look for an official game piece inside specially marked packages of the Xbox® game SPLINTER CELL: PANDORA TOMORROW. To obtain a game piece without purchase, mail a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow Game Piece Request, Ubisoft, Inc., 625 Third Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, California 94107. Vermont and Canadian residents may omit return postage. Limit one game piece per separately mailed request. Requests for an official game piece must be postmarked by December 31, 2004, and received by January 15, 2005.

[quote name='Ichabod']I wonder if I could stack this on top of the two month trial I'm using now which runs out the beginning of April. I guess it depends on whether it's two months free or another two month trial...[/quote]

Yeah, it all depends on if you get a two month trial or not. The two month trial is only for new subscribers, so you can't stack them. However, if you get a two month extension, then anyone should be able to use it. I just used my two month trial and immediately used my 12 month subscription. It appears as though they stacked, but honestly I'm not totally positive they did. I'm going to have to call Microsoft soon to confirm that they did.

[quote name='kdawg1']You do not need to purchase the game....

How to Enter:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes will begin on March 15, 2004, and end on December 31, 2004. Look for an official game piece inside specially marked packages of the Xbox® game SPLINTER CELL: PANDORA TOMORROW. To obtain a game piece without purchase, mail a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow Game Piece Request, Ubisoft, Inc., 625 Third Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, California 94107. Vermont and Canadian residents may omit return postage. Limit one game piece per separately mailed request. Requests for an official game piece must be postmarked by December 31, 2004, and received by January 15, 2005.[/quote]

where did u find this?

It's times like this I wish i worked at a rental place.

Although even then, I bet your local Blockbuster won't have 13 copies of this for Xbox, so maybe not.

[quote name='ElwoodCuse']It's times like this I wish i worked at a rental place.

Although even then, I bet your local Blockbuster won't have 13 copies of this for Xbox, so maybe not.[/quote]

I know one that would. AHH to be stuck in Wilmington and not in Cary(they had like 20 copies of KOTOR when it came out )

Casey, which place in Cary would have that many copies? Just curious as that's where I'm from. And Wilmington's not so bad a place to be stuck.

[quote name='"BigMan"'][quote name='kdawg1']You do not need to purchase the game....

How to Enter:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes will begin on March 15, 2004, and end on December 31, 2004. Look for an official game piece inside specially marked packages of the Xbox® game SPLINTER CELL: PANDORA TOMORROW. To obtain a game piece without purchase, mail a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow Game Piece Request, Ubisoft, Inc., 625 Third Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, California 94107. Vermont and Canadian residents may omit return postage. Limit one game piece per separately mailed request. Requests for an official game piece must be postmarked by December 31, 2004, and received by January 15, 2005.[/quote]

I'm going to get cracking on this.

Is it guaranteed that you get a 2 month card with this? I am considering picking it up because i just cancelled my live a month ago.

[quote name='kdawg1']You do not need to purchase the game....

How to Enter:

Can anyone confirm this?

1 in 13 gets a year subscription, those aren't bad odds...now I have an even better excuse to spend more money, thanks for the info.

Prizes:
Five (5) Grand Prizes, each consisting of an entertainment system, including Kenwood Surround Sound system, a DVD remote system, and an Xbox video game system (approximate retail value $719.98; odds of winning 1 in 130,000). Fifty Thousand (50,000) First Prizes, each consisting of a free Xbox Live™ account for one (1) year (approximate retail value $49.99; odds of winning 1 in 13). Five Hundred Ninety-Nine Thousand, Nine Hundred Ninety-Five (599,995) Second Prizes, each consisting of a free Xbox Live account for two (2) months (approximate retail value $12.00; odds of winning 1 in 1.1). Awarding of prizes and Sweepstakes administration shall be the sole responsibility of Ubisoft. Winner will be solely responsible for all application taxes on prizes.

This leads me to believe that the subscriptions are stackable. Which would be nice because for 74 cents worth of postage you could get at least two months of Xbox Live free.

bread's done
Back