Free year of playon for wii u

[quote name='roundhouse']seems like a completely unnecessary piece of software.[/QUOTE]

Somewhat. While the Wii U does do Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Video, it is nice to have it usable for websites that may not allow console browsers or flash-less browsers to watch video.

Would I buy it? Heck no. But for free? Why not?

Got this from PlayOn today, I used the Google Chrome method that someone posted since I didn't have a Wii U.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Dear PlayOn Customer,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Your PlayOn license was acquired as part of a recent promotion to Wii U customers. That offer was limited to one license per household and to Wii U customers only. It appears as though your license was one of multiple licenses acquired by the same person, or that you did not acquire the license through a Wii U. If we are wrong about this please submit a support ticket through PlayOn Settings to let us know and avoid license deactivation. [/FONT]

[quote name='CrossBones3129']Got this from PlayOn today, I used the Google Chrome method that someone posted since I didn't have a Wii U.

[/QUOTE]

Same here.

I have a WiiU and got my copy legit and got this email as well. They are looking for traffic on your account that shows you are using the WiiU for streaming. I haven't used Playon once since getting it so they didn't think I had a WiiU.

[quote name='laseractive']I have a WiiU and got my copy legit and got this email as well. They are looking for traffic on your account that shows you are using the WiiU for streaming. I haven't used Playon once since getting it so they didn't think I had a WiiU.[/QUOTE]

Same here except I did try it out on my WiiU. They sent me another email asking me to try it on the WiiU again to see if they could log any traffic on it and when I did they still claim they aren't able to detect anything. This is all becoming more trouble then it is even worth since I mostly just wanted this to view HBOgo on my PS3 and Roku box in the living room. It is pretty useless and redundant on the WiiU except for HBOgo since it already has a Netflix and Hulu Plus app which run better than PlayOn.

[quote name='eastcoastkody']does anyone know how to get HBO GO running?

It tells me to put my info in Options????[/QUOTE]

First of all you need to make sure you are subscribed to HBO first in order to use HBOgo (same for Netflix and Hulu Plus). Then from your comp you need to log into PlayOn settings, click on the channel tab and then click on the options button under HBOgo to log into HBOgo so it can detect you are a subscriber. After that you should be good to go

Sorry to rebirth this old topic but my PlayOn license expired, I assume since I didn't get the License in a legit way, aka by using a Wii U. I was wondering if anyonce had an extra license or something?

bread's done
Back