Freedom Fighters PS2 $4.99 at bestbuy.com (now OOS)

I tried getting this way back during the first wave of BB $5 sales. Backorder'd and cancelled so I finally just bought the game at GameStop during a b2g1. I hope BestBuy comes through for y'all this time!

[quote name='lurknomore']So what did people think of this well-regarded game? I still have it unopened from the previous sale.[/quote]

Freedom Fighters is a lot of fun. I picked it up for back in the summer $20 and thought it was well worth the price then.

For the first couple of levels I wasn't really feeling it. But after a few hours the game just "clicked" for me and I found myself loving it. The whole "battle" vibe is great. Commanding your squad works really well, and the action has a very open-ended feel to it. You can go for an all-out assault, you can advance slowly and establish a base of operations, you can go scouting, you can be all stealty and stick to the trenches and back alleys... how you go about killing the enemy is up to you. I had a blast with this!

[quote name='BustaUppa']For the first couple of levels I wasn't really feeling it. But after a few hours the game just "clicked" for me and I found myself loving it. The whole "battle" vibe is great. Commanding your squad works really well, and the action has a very open-ended feel to it. You can go for an all-out assault, you can advance slowly and establish a base of operations, you can go scouting, you can be all stealty and stick to the trenches and back alleys... how you go about killing the enemy is up to you. I had a blast with this![/quote]

Yep, I second all that, except for commanding the troops- I just wish there was a way to leave the guy you posted at the gun turrent to hold the fallback point and bring the others with you to command instead of getting hundreds of yards away, and having the troop orders cycle through, causing that first guy to come off the gun and get himself shot after taking an alternate route to your position.

And I'm sorry, but any enemy with an exposed face who takes a sniper round to the noggin goes down on the first shot, not the second, or third. Hate those red beret-wearing commanders. Waste my bullets!
I'd love a sequel to this- but now with EA being exposed as the asses they apparently have been for some time, I wish someone else would make it.

Great price for a hell of a game. I paid 20 for mine and don't regret it. I can't think of anything bad to say about this game except that it's too short and that I hate using L3 as my Zoom (PS2). Other wise looks good, control is flawless and the story is awesome.

been wanting this one ever since the 4.99 sale and now i was able to order it

thanks..hope it ships

Sounds like a good deal. I'd jump on it if i didn't already have the game for the PC. Picked it up during that EBgames 85% off used games... It cost me all of $1.20... cha-ching! :D

I really enjoyed this game. I like to think of it as squad based-lite, easy and enjoyable even for people who find squad based games tedious and boring.

Sweet! I bought a used copy on BF, but this is complete so I'll get this. This is the first time I've seen this version for cheap, it's always been the GC or Xbox versions.

bread's done
Back