Fri 1-Mon 4 @ Meijer (offline only): 20% off games & PSN, Nintendo, MS point cards

MacMog

CAGiversary!
Meijer Summer Bucks are here again! Summer Bucks give you $3 off an item priced $15 (well, $14.97) or more, $5 off ~$25, $10 off ~$50, and $20 off ~$100. You can use them on any general merchandise, which includes any video games, but more importantly PSN, Nintendo, and Microsoft points cards. I point this out because I don’t know of a better (or any other) discount on PSN and Nintendo points cards. Paying $16 for $20 worth of download credit, or $40 for $50, makes me happy. (Meijer does charge tax on Nintendo points cards, but not on PSN and Microsoft points cards.) On top of that, they don’t restrict you to one coupon per trip, meaning download fans like me can stock up.

I always buy my cards from the electronics cashiers. Note that cashier reactions vary. Some don’t expect the coupons to work on the cards; I ask them to try anyway and they’ve worked every promo thus far. Some will make you tear out the coupons, one per card if buying multiple, but most stores have stacks of the ad near the entrance, so it only costs you a little walking. Some just take a copy of the ad and scan the coupon code for each card, ringing them up on the same receipt without any complaint. I have bought several cards per trip during each of the last four or five promos and have never had a problem.

Great deal. If i had some extra money I would get a couple cards. Also my mom works there so I would get a extra 10 percent off

I wonder if this also works on live and psn+ cards.

May go check this out..if steam doesnt empty my wallet

[quote name='jr8rulz']I wonder if this also works on live and psn+ cards.

May go check this out..if steam doesnt empty my wallet[/QUOTE]

Should work on 'live' cards. But I don't think Meijer has PSN+ cards.

@RobbyH: I'm heading there tomorrow*, I'll let ya know after I get back.

Edit: Not really feeling all that well to go considering how late it is, :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. I picked up 2 $50 MS Points cards and 2 $50 PSN wallet cards for $160. They were totally out of coupons at the front door but they had some at the registers. The guy tried to tell me that the coupons wouldn't apply since I was buying "gift cards" but I assured him they would work.

[quote name='tyrok3k']Thanks OP. I picked up 2 $50 MS Points cards and 2 $50 PSN wallet cards for $160. They were totally out of coupons at the front door but they had some at the registers. The guy tried to tell me that the coupons wouldn't apply since I was buying "gift cards" but I assured him they would work.[/QUOTE]

same here, supervisor told me that it wouldn't work and was shocked when it did.

The Burger King kids meal $5 off $20 coupons for kmart are a slightly better deal if you are planning on eating Burger King.

We took my nephews there last week so I have a few of those to use but I wouldn't spend the $3-4 on a kids meal just to get one.

bread's done
Back