Friday the 13th the series

How is this even related... antiques... Jason.... an old lamp... a murderous monster in a hockey mask...

No clue.

[quote name='Poor2More']no jason vorheese= no buy[/quote]
hmm, I guess alot of people have this type of reasoning, maybe if they watched a few episodes without any expectations they could enjoy it.

[quote name='xycury']How is this even related... antiques... Jason.... an old lamp... a murderous monster in a hockey mask...

No clue.[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th:_The_Series

"the series has no story connections to the film series of the same name, as Jason Voorhees does not make an appearance"

"The two series have several cast and crew ties, however. The show's producer, Frank Mancuso Jr., was also producer of the movie series from Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981) until the final installment distributed by Paramount (Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan in 1989, a year before the TV series ended). The show's star, John D. LeMay, is also notable as he went on to star in Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday (guest star John Shepherd played Tommy Jarvis in Friday the 13th: A New Beginning and episode director David Cronenberg appeared in Jason X). Fred Mollin, Rob Hedden, and Tom McLoughlin also worked behind the scenes of both series."

[quote name='m_m23']hmm, I guess alot of people have this type of reasoning, maybe if they watched a few episodes without any expectations they could enjoy it.[/quote]

well when you call it something, and have watched all the movies and even played the NES game, one would at least assume that the hockey masked murderer would appear.

Not about some couple of people going after antiques.

It's like seeing X-men 4 in theaters and getting nothing but JLA.... wth.

I'm not doubting that this could be a good show, lasted longer than the Freddy's Nightmare shows, but geez... call it something other than a title owned by a completely different idea.

Title should be like Friday the 13th presents Evil artifacts/antiques...

Since I got a PS3 I've had a moratorium on buying non high def DVDs, but I think I'm making an exception for this. This was a great show, I used to have to set the VCR to tape it in the middle of the night (I think it aired at 2am on Fridays where I grew up) and hope that it was on and not moved to a different time. I didn't see most of the last season because it was moved to a different time.

[quote name='xycury']How is this even related... antiques... Jason.... an old lamp... a murderous monster in a hockey mask...

No clue.[/quote]

Techincally it's not related to any of the movies. But the intro to the show explained, "Lewis Vendredi made a deal with the devil to sell cursed antiques...."

VENDREDI is French for.....FRIDAY!! #-o

And despite this blatant grasping at straws, I still watched it....up until the point where some of the characters left (2-part ep where it was something about signs of the apocalypse and the Devil coming back or some crap), so I'm not sure if they every recovered all of the antiques (please don't spoil it for me because I'm probably going to buy this set)

That makes sense about Vandredi, this was a Canadian show.

It's cheaper at Deepdiscount: $34.86 shipped.

I'll wait for the 20% off sale around Thanksgiving, if it's still that price it'll only be $27.89.

Ditto. I saw parts of this a long time ago and enjoyed it. At $28 its worth a buy so DD will be getting alot of my money this year

Digging up this thread because some might be interested in watching the show...

SciFi has it on the 10th and 13th of October starting at 8am going through till 4pm on each day.

I think that's EST time....

^^Thanks xycury for the heads up! Really enjoyed catching this show again Friday and Today. It's a great show to me still and I loved watching it while remembering what it was like watching it for the first time when I was like 7. Hopefully the season 1 set will do well enough to warrant a 2nd season that will get a little more love (although not likely) from Paramount next time with hopefully a better transfer. Anyway, Thanks!

I watched... well tried to, the Cupid episode, don't know if that was #1 or what... not much of an intro, but well I limped through it.

Acting was ok, though maybe my tastes have matured.

I thought the idea of cursed artifacts neat, but I'm wondering if they couldn't have crammed all that in 30 minutes instead of an hour.

I forgot to remind myself how OLD this show is.

glad someone got some use out of the replaying the episodes on SciFi.... I wonder if they will do the Freddy ones... They did a BUNCH of other shows related to halloween.

I always had a favorite of Kindred: The Embraced. So sad to hear about the shows demise.

bread's done
Back