Fry's 1 Day Only Sale Ad 3 for $30 (San Jose)

TheRock88

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Over 40 titles, these are the ones shown in the ad.

3 for $30

Gamecube
Mario Sunshine
Animal Crossing
Mario Golf
Zelda Wind Waker
Metroid Prime
Pikmin
Star Fox Adventures
Pitfall
Soul Calibur II

GBA
Ms. Pac Man
Bubble Bobble
Megaman & Bass

PS2
Ace Combat 4
NBA Street 1
Arc the Lad
Burnout 1
Auto Modelista
Ninja Assault
Tomb Raider
Ty The Tasmanian Tiger
SSX Tricky
Gungrave Overdose
ESPN NBA 2K5
ESPN NFL 2K5

Xbox
Test Drive
Morrowind (looks like the non ph version)
Dead or Alive 3
Star Wars Obiwon
ESPN NHL 2K5
ESPN NBA 2K5

Bundles
GBA SP Bundle - $69.99
Comes with GBA SP (choose from 4 colors) and Flintstones GBA game

Xbox Bundle - $149.99
Comes with Xbox, Turok, Taz Wanted, Broken Sword, and Shenmue 2

There may be more games. the ad said over 40 games to choose from and you have less than 30 listed.

Hey, which games do you think fetch more if sold back to eb or gamstop? Sorry, just have to think that way, I'm a cheapassgamer!

[quote name='fireatwill']Is this for the Fry's on Hamilton?[/quote]

The ad says that it's only avaliable in 6 bay area locations:

San Jose
Palo Alto
Fremont
Concord
Sunnyvale
Campbell

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I thought it was 3 for 40. That's at least what the other thread says.[/quote]

That's in the LA area. Up here in the bay area, it says that it's 3 for 30. Fry's always has different prices in different regions, not like a big company like BB or CC where they have the same price everywhere.

[quote name='TheRock88'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']I thought it was 3 for 40. That's at least what the other thread says.[/quote]

That's in the LA area. Up here in the bay area, it says that it's 3 for 30. Fry's always has different prices in different regions, not like a big company like BB or CC where they have the same price everywhere.[/quote]

I knew about the different regions thing, but since i'm here in Sin Cuty, they tend to do a mix of all of the ads it seems, so I was just wondering which one they would go with.

[quote name='Requiem']There is no Fry's in the East Coast, sorry.[/quote]

Not ture, I believe they have one in Atlanta, and I'm not sure, but I think they have one also in Pennsylvania.

brokaw had good selection at least on gc games. got zelda, mario golf and f-zero. woot!

get there soon, by end of work/school everything will be gone. there were people one by one regularly coming by and scouring the shelves.

awesome, I am going to Fry's this weekend.

my girlfriend is gonna call me a stupid game nerd, but it will be worth it.

then add F-zero to the list! I didnt know it was part of the deal.

I'm afraid these games will go very quickly, as everyone always reads the Fry's ads in newspapers.

[quote name='fireatwill']awesome, I am going to Fry's this weekend.

my girlfriend is gonna call me a stupid game nerd, but it will be worth it.[/quote]

The sale is only for today. If you go tomorrow, they wont have this going on.

[quote name='fireatwill']awesome, I am going to Fry's this weekend.

my girlfriend is gonna call me a stupid game nerd, but it will be worth it.[/quote]

She should call you a cheapassgamer nerd, since you're waiting until this stuff goes on sale. Remind her to get it right and that's more money you can spend on her. :lol:

Just got back from the Palo Alto store, and the flyers they had posted had 51 games on it - here's what I can remember

PS2:
Ace Combat 4
NBA Street
Arc the Lad
Auto Modellista
Burnout
Tomb Raider
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
Ninja Assault (no gun)
Dino Stalker
ESPN NFL 2K5
ESPN NHL 2K5
ESPN NBA 2K5
Gungrave: Overdose
Namco Museum
SSX Tricky

GC:
F-Zero GX
Animal Crossing
Wario World
Super Mario Sunshine
Mario Golf
Metroid Prime
Zelda: WW
Kirby's Air Ride
Pitfall
Pac-Man Fever
Star Fox Adventures
Soul Calibur II
Pikmin

Xbox:
Auto Modellista
Baldur's Gate: DA
DOA3
Morrowind
Test Drive
ESPN NFL 2K5
ESPN NBA 2K5
ESPN NHL 2K5
Star Wars Obi-Wan

I don't remember the GBA games (there were only 5 or 6) and I'm sure I forgot several, but that's what I remember.

[quote name='TheRock88']Over 40 titles, these are the ones shown in the ad.

3 for $30

Gamecube
Mario Sunshine
Animal Crossing
Mario Golf
Zelda Wind Waker
Metroid Prime
Pikmin
Star Fox Adventures
Pitfall
Soul Calibur II

GBA
Ms. Pac Man
Bubble Bobble
Megaman & Bass

PS2
Ace Combat 4
NBA Street 1
Arc the Lad
Burnout 1
Auto Modelista
Ninja Assault
Tomb Raider
Ty The Tasmanian Tiger
SSX Tricky
Gungrave Overdose
ESPN NBA 2K5
ESPN NFL 2K5

Xbox
Test Drive
Morrowind (looks like the non ph version)
Dead or Alive 3
Star Wars Obiwon
ESPN NHL 2K5
ESPN NBA 2K5

Bundles
GBA SP Bundle - $69.99
Comes with GBA SP (choose from 4 colors) and Flintstones GBA game

Xbox Bundle - $149.99
Comes with Xbox, Turok, Taz Wanted, Broken Sword, and Shenmue 2[/quote]

Why do I have to live in JAcksonville?!? ARGHHHHH

Its like a godly requirement to read that section of the paper... I'm gonna fight the masses in fountain valley hoping to get what i want. :p Still sux that San Jose gets better deal than Socal... :(

Even if it's $40 for the majority of users here, it's still a great deal. I plan on getting Bubble Bobble GBA, Gungrave OD PS2, and Morrowind GOTY XBOX, since I have most of those other great Nintendo titles already.

damn cuz even though i dont own a GC, that list is littered with games i would eventually like to get (when i buy the system)

just called the Hamilton store off highway 17, Conflict Desert Storm II: Back to Baghdad is not part of the deal. Still $49.99, even though Best Buy clearanced it out many months ago at $9.99.

i'd go, but already have most of the GC titles in my collection. i'm starting to get tired of buying so many games. (must be a side-effect) :(

In the Oregon store, there isn't anything that says the sale is just today only. The prices are good until this Tuesday, so I'm going to try and head out this weekend. A few of those games I've been wanting. Except it's 3 for $40 here.

I didn't see Morrowind GOTY at the Wilsonville, Oregon one, which is a game I really wanted. I instead got Bubble Bobble, Gungrave OD, and ESPN NBA 2K5.

[quote name='schultzed']Damn! I need a Fry's, Media Play, and Gamerush nearby!!!!!

Good for you if you can get these deals . . .[/quote]
Media Play isn't that great, and I don't have the other two stores by me.

yeah this is in dallas. exept it is 3 for 40. i think ikts for the whole weekend though because it was in the ppr today and yesterday

[quote name='MasterSun1']I didn't see Morrowind GOTY at the Wilsonville, Oregon one, which is a game I really wanted. I instead got Bubble Bobble, Gungrave OD, and ESPN NBA 2K5.[/quote]

The Morrowing GOTY edition isn't part of the sale. I went today and that store only has the Platinum Hits version on sale.

I called this morning and the guy told me they still had like 47 games in stock or something. Its 3 for $40 tho i believe.

(The seattle one)

bread's done
Back