FRYS 1 Day Only - Street Fighter IV Tournament Stick - $89.99/$99.99 [PS3 & Xbox 360]

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Street Fighter IV Tournament Stick - $89.99 (ONE DAY ONLY) (REGIONAL ONLY)

ORDER BY ONLINE - $99.99 (NATIONWIDE) with Free Store Pickup (REGIONAL ONLY)

ORDER BY PHONE - $89.99 (REGIONAL ONLY)

LA TIMES

2246602_6588560.jpg

:ps3: PS3 - Item # 5829733

:360: Xbox 360 - Item # 5912264

Please note, this is in-store only, not available at Frys.com.

EDIT: Frys.com dropped these 2 to $99.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just there (DFW) and they had mountains of them for both systems. I forget what they call the stick one grade below this one, but they had tons of those as well on sale for 69.99

[quote name='TemplePilot']I was just there (DFW) and they had mountains of them for both systems. I forget what they call the stick one grade below this one, but they had tons of those as well on sale for 69.99[/QUOTE]

fightstick

ps3 is retailed at 70, xbox is retailed at 80

[quote name='Ayu255']They had a good amount left. There was a bunch of them on overstock above the 360 section. 1 of the employees said something about open box to the other employee though. I was the only person in the game section. Then again, I came in like 5 minutes after opening.[/QUOTE]

lol, i laughed at the last sentence....

Does anyone know if they still have any ps3 sticks in stock around the OC?

FYE has these for $69.99, if you can find one in store, though I still don't get the demand for these. I always thought Mad Catz equated to garbage peripherals?

My one local FYE has one of these for the 360(I think) in store for the aforementioned $69.99.

EDIT: There's different 'versions' of this? What the hell's the difference on them?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']FYE has these for $69.99, if you can find one in store, though I still don't get the demand for these. I always thought Mad Catz equated to garbage peripherals?

My one local FYE has one of these for the 360(I think) in store for the aforementioned $69.99.

EDIT: There's different 'versions' of this? What the hell's the difference on them?[/QUOTE]

Typically in the past, yes, Madcatz has put out a lot of complete crap. But these are essentially replicas of the actual arcade sticks.

As for the difference, there's an SE (standard edition), and the TE (Tournament edition). SE is a bit smaller, lighter, and doesn't have the same brand/quality in terms of the stick and buttons, which leads lots of people to mod their SE sticks with the higher quality parts. The TE though is, like I said, basically a replica of an arcade machine's parts right out of the box.

Picked up a 360 one at Fry's Las Vegas. TONS of PS3 ones available and several 360 ones as well. I swore I'd be fine with my cheap Hori stick, but dammit, that deal was too good to pass up. The TE stick is a THING OF BEAUTY!!!!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']FYE has these for $69.99, if you can find one in store, though I still don't get the demand for these. I always thought Mad Catz equated to garbage peripherals?

EDIT: There's different 'versions' of this? What the hell's the difference on them?[/QUOTE]

There's the cheapo MadCatz SE (Standard Edition) that uses their own parts. It normally retails around $60-70, but it's a good base to start modding with.

Then there's this TE (Tournament Edition) which comes with Sanwa parts, the higher quality ones used in arcades. It comes with a much sturdier and deeper base which allows you to mod it with an American style bat stick if you wish, and quick disconnects for the buttons if you want to change those out as well. It's designed by a tournament pro by the name of MarkMan, you might've seen him around these parts, especially the Fighting Game threads. ;)

The old MadCatz products were shoddy, but these new products are definitely high quality.

[quote name='B:L']. It comes with a much sturdier and deeper base which allows you to mod it with an American style bat stick if you wish, and quick disconnects for the buttons if you want to change those out as well.[/QUOTE]I thought the TEs still weren't deep enough for the happ sticks, unless there's another American style stick I don't know about? Hubbie prefers the bat style, so it'd be great if it's possible.

It won't fit happ sticks, but you can change it to a bat top (I did this). Stick will feel very loose compared to Happ, but I got used to it and love the stick.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I thought the TEs still weren't deep enough for the happ sticks, unless there's another American style stick I don't know about? Hubbie prefers the bat style, so it'd be great if it's possible.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I was judging based on a glance, but if it doesn't fit... :whistle2:#

A bat top is an alternative option.

hey guys,

I just got back from the Woodland Hills, CA store and they have a bunch for the 360 and PS3, but keep in mind, most of the ones for the 360 have been opened, so I wonder if they will apply the standard 'open box' discount on top of the one day discount ?

I must say, this stick is pretty fucking badass. I think SF4 is ok, but I am using this on my Windows 7 Mame box in the living room :lol:

DDD-

I picked up the Xbox 360 TE stick at the Duluth, GA store. Beautiful piece of hardware. Talked to a sales rep who said the price drop was just for them to clear out some overstock. There were still two PS3 sticks and two Xbox 360 sticks (TEs) left out on the floor. Not sure if they have more in the back.

Is this sale definitely just today only?

ALSO: Mad props to the OP! This deal was awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked a ps3 one up at the Fremont, ca frys. Saw a couple coming out each carrying one so I ran in. I grabbed the last ps3 one on the shelf (don't know if there was anymore) and saw some 360 ones as well. Can't wait to try it out!

So this stick is really that good? I'm hesitant on buying anything made by Mad Catz.

I'm wondering if I should go see if my Fry's still has this in stock or not. I'm pretty new to Street Fighter IV and I've heard that a stick would be a huge help once I learned how to properly use it. Also, I think the analog sticks on my Sixaxis controllers are kinda fucked up so I'm gonna need another controller soon.

Should I get it?

When the stick was first announced and released, everyone was surprised that it was by MadCatz. It has been responsible for turning their reputation around. Now they're working on a controller for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. So hope that helps clear up some doubt you have about MadCatz. Probably not a bad idea to go ahead and buy it while the sale is still on and the stock is still available. Try it and return if you don't like it!

Anyone in Seattle/Renton confirm they have this for 360?
I'm an hour and a half away, don't want to waste the trip :)

TIA

fuck it, I'm gonna go see if they got one in stock, haha. Sometimes I hate this site. Well, just the part of me that wants to get out of debt.

[quote name='fairtrade']Broke down and went back to the Fry's on West Rd. in Houston to get one. They still had probably a dozen left.[/QUOTE]

very tempting. now i want to go and get one. i drove by today, but got lazy to go in cuz I didn't know if it was really worth me spending this much money on a stick.

[quote name='sfu_lifer']Anyone in Seattle/Renton confirm they have this for 360?
I'm an hour and a half away, don't want to waste the trip :)

TIA[/QUOTE]

I picked up a stick for the PS3 at the Renton, WA location (there were about two dozen left for the PS3). If I recall, they had about a dozen left for the 360. Call ahead for availability, but they're $89.99 for both models there.

Well, that sucked. I went to two Fry's and found 3 sticks total, but they were all open box items. I'm not droppin $90 on a used stick.

Had to make a split second decision, as I just heard about this. Ended up buying it online. Charged me $13 in shipping and $10 in tax. :(

I saw several of the plain black&white TE sticks at frys today. Anyone pick one of these up instead of the SFIV version? Wondering what the price was. I didn't bother to check.

They look nice.

[quote name='chunga']Any nice CAG want to pick up a 360 one for me and ship it over?[/QUOTE]

you can order online too

[quote name='chunga']Yeah, but it'd cost more to get it online with shipping and tax and whatnot.[/QUOTE]

And it wont cost tax and shipping for the person picking it up? Plus if you pay by paypal there is paypal fees

[quote name='62t']And it wont cost tax and shipping for the person picking it up? Plus if you pay by paypal there is paypal fees[/QUOTE]

Ownd.

Seriously though, you think people are going to ship you a purchase for free (shipping, packaging, tax, etc.)...:joystick:

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Ownd.

Seriously though, you think people are going to ship you a purchase for free (shipping, packaging, tax, etc.)...:joystick:[/QUOTE]

or the fact that they can just go on ebay and sell it for more? haha

I picked one up at the Fry's in FV, CA at around 7:30pm for the PS3. They looked like they were all cleaned out when I got there. I ordered it online for in-store pickup and had them match the price with the ad when I got there so I didn't have to kill myself trying to get one this morning before work.

What do you guys mean by open box? Obviously the box has been opened, but is it in a different box or are the seals broken, etc?

I'm honestly thinking of getting a PS3 one from online. $100 with [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]$8.68 shipping? I'll take it gladly. I was thinking of getting a HRAP3 in the past few days, but I guess this is as good (or cheap) as it gets.
[/FONT]

wow..am i glad i didnt get it when it first came out for 150..im also glad i didnt jump on it when it was for 130 when it came back in stock. Now $100? hmmm..perhaps if i wait even longer...nah, i think ill get it this time around. They better not be shipping used sticks.

bread's done
Back