Fry's Ad 9/29 - 9/30

RisingZan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey everyone, I know Tenzor updated the last thread but he missed a few games that are available elsewhere, so I thought I'd fill in the gaps.

These may only apply to San Jose/Sacramento Fry's locations, so call your Fry's to verify. That being said...

PS2

Shadow Hearts: Covenant $49.99
(Free copy of Shadow Hearts w/ purchase)

XBOX

ESPN NBA 2005 $17.99

Gamecube

Donkey Konga $39.99
available Thursday by Noon*
*Some stores have already recieved
their copies, so call to confirm!

PC

Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia $24.99
Expansion Pack

Again, these prices are not everywhere...so double check before heading out. Enjoy!

That is not a bad deal for SHadow Hearts 2, however I will have to wait for a price drop, loved the judgement ring system in the first one. Btw did they rerelease more copies of Shadow Hearts 1 or something, since Fry's doesn't sell used games.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']Btw did they rerelease more copies of Shadow Hearts 1 or something, since Fry's doesn't sell used games.[/quote]

Not necessarily a re-release, just a new printing for this promotion.

Shadow Hearts Covenant @ $49.99 is not a good deal, as the free version of the original game was a promotion for pre-orders. I was hoping for $34.99-$39.99. :(

Does Best buy have the game yet? I wonder if they will carry the promotional copy of the original shadow hearts or not. I was checking with BBY for the last 3 days, and the game's not in yet.

Maybe a dumb question but does that price for Donkey Konga include the drum? I don't have a Gamecube but I'm thinking of getting one just for this game...

EDIT: After looking around the web I realize that there's no way in hell this price includes the drum - so it WAS a dumb question. Yeah.

Just a quick update...

The ad states Donkey Konga will be available Thursday by noon.

However, I picked up my copy last night (Sacramento) so give your Fry's a call -they might already have it!

man ESPN NBA should be cheaper. Frys has had the other ESPN games for only 14 bucks. I'll wait for frys to run a sale on it.

PS2

I think this sounds good to me. Since I've been to my Fry's so often, they might throw something extra like a poster or something. Will this go through the weekend though?? because I don't know if i will be able to make it today or tomorrow.

There's always the option of price matching Donkey Konga too, since most places are selling it for $49.99. Maybe if you get an incompetent enough sales rep at Circuit City, you can get the price match and the $10 gift card. (That never worked for Zelda Four Swords tho.)

The Fort Worth ad has ESPN NBA 2K5 (XBOX) for 17.99 and FFXI: Chains of Promethia (PC) for 23.99.

Nothing about Donkey Konga or Shadow Hearts 2.

Hoping that this weekend has something. It would be the 5th or 6th week straight

Oregon ads only had the FFXI and the ESPN games on it. I was bummed since I wanted Donkey Konga! I'm still doubting whether to pick up FFXI expansion from a PM...

As of 9/29, Donkey Konga is in stock at the IL Fry's at a price point of 49.99. I was going to wait to see if it would drop down to 39.99 in the next few days, but I said "to SHaQ-fu with it" and went over to CC and got it for 49.99+10 gift card.

SSDD: Same Sheet, Different Deal.

[quote name='Santurio']so how much is Donkey Conga $40 or $50??/
and it definately comes w a $10 GC??[/quote]

Donkey Konga retails for 49.99.

At some Fry's, it is currently on sale for 39.99.

At Circuit City, it is 49.99 with a free $10 gift card -- this offer lasts until Saturday, I believe.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']PS2

I think this sounds good to me. Since I've been to my Fry's so often, they might throw something extra like a poster or something. Will this go through the weekend though?? because I don't know if i will be able to make it today or tomorrow.[/quote]
the Woodland Hills Fry's sometimes puts posters out in a box for customers to take

usually in the XBox aisle

Hey Fry's Austin not only do not have the SH:C coming with the original shadow hearts. In fact, they are selling the promotional copy for 19.99. I thought the box say, promotional copy and not for resell.

I'm very mad!!!! should i contact midway?

I'm debating whether to use my Target raincheck for just Shadow Hearts: Covenants, or go to Fry's and get them both. The thing is I can't see myself playing the original anytime soon since I have so many other games I want to play before it. Hopefully if I wait all these extra copies will start showing up on ebay for 10$

outpost.com has Ea Sports NBA Live 2005 for PS2 for $29.99 + shipping. Under hottest deals it says $29.99, but when you click on link it says $39.99. When added to cart though it is $29.99.

bread's done
Back