Fry's Ads 5/13-20 (Updated Daily): Anniversary Sale

fidodido

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Here's the entertainment software listings from ALL Fry's Electronics B&M Ad(s). These prices are valid only for the dates listed in the subject line.
Locations are abbreviated as follows: Arizona (AZ), Austin (AUS), Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW), Georgia (GA), Houston (HOU), Illinois (IL), Indiana (IN), Los Angeles/Orange County (LA), Nevada (NV), Oregon (OR), Sacramento (SAC), San Diego (SD), San Jose/Silicon Valley (SJ), and Washington (WA)

The items listed below are as they appear in the Fry's B&M Ads. If no location is mentioned on items, then the pricing should be assumed to apply to all locations unless otherwise specified.

Ad Listings:
Fri 8 Pages: All locations except LATimes, OR, WA which have 4 page ads.
Everyday: SJ only
Sat-Mon,Weds: All locations except SJ

Missing ads: IL 5/16

DS

$24.96 (not OR or WA)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean

$169
DSi XL Handheld w/ Meteos: Disney Magic, Yard Sale: Hidden Treasures

PSP

$19.96 (not OR or WA)
Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy IV

$24.96 (not OR or WA)

PS3

$19.98
NBA 2K11
Red Dead Redemption

$34.96
Crysis 2
Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed (not OR or WA)
Portal 2
Tiger Woods PGA Tour '12: The Masters

$59.96 (not OR or WA)
Brink
L.A. Noire (Avail. Tues.) (5/16)

$299 (5/14 ONLY)
PS3 160GB Slim Console w/ Alpha Protocol, Shaun White Snowboarding, $50 Gift Card

$349 (5/15 ONLY)
PS3 320GB Slim Console w/ Bakugan: Battle Brawlers, Sega Genesis Collection, $50 Gift Card

$399
PS3 320GB Slim Console w/ Playstation Move Sports Champions Bundle, EyePet, Start the Party!, $50 Gift Card

Wii

$34.96
Tiger Woods PGA Tour '12: The Masters (not LV or SJ)

$149 (5/15 ONLY)
Wii Console w/ Mario Kart Wii w/ Wheel, Nerf N-Strike, Nerf Strike Elite, Nerf Switch Shot Ex 3 Blaster

XBox 360

$19.98
NBA 2K11
Red Dead Redemption

$34.96
Crysis 2
Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed (not OR or WA)
Portal 2
Tiger Woods PGA Tour '12: The Masters

$59.96 (not OR or WA)
Brink
L.A. Noire (Avail. Tues.) (5/16)

$149.95 (not OR or WA)
Turtle Beach Earforce X41 Headset

$199
XBox 360 4GB Slim Console w/ 007: Quantum of Solace, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, $50 Gift Card

$399.96 (5/14 ONLY)
XBox 360 250GB Kinect Console System w/ Bakugan: Battle Brawlers, Chaotic: Samurai Warriors, Game Party in Motion, Kinect Adventures!, $50 Gift Card

PC

$24.98
Portal 2
The Sims: Medieval

$34.96
Crysis 2
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (Avail. Tues.) (5/16)

$49.96 (not LA, OR or WA)
Brink

$79.99 ($99.99 - $20 MiR) (5/16)
Logitech G510 Gaming Keyboard

Misc.

$13.75
Brink Official Strategy Guide (SJ only) (5/15)
L.A. Noire Official Strategy Guide (5/16)

$14.99 (SJ only) (5/15)
Mortal Kombat Official Strategy Guide
Pokemon: Black Version/White Version: Official Unova Pokedex & Guide
Portal 2 Official Strategy Guide

Blu-Ray

$9.99 (SJ only) (was available in all stores on 5/15) (5/19)
Dead Man Walking
Hotel Rwanda
Leaving Las Vegas
The Manchurian Candidate

$9.99 (AZ, LA, NV, SAC, SD and SJ) / $10 (AUS, DFW, GA, HOU, IL and IN - 5/14 ONLY) (5/14)
Ghost Rider/Hancock (2-Pack)
XXX/XXX: State of the Union (2-Pack)

$10 (SJ only) (was available in all stores on 5/14) (5/15)
Air Force One/In the Line of Fire (2-Pack)
First Knight/A Knight's Tale (2-Pack)

$12.99
Faster
The Other Guys
Salt
The Social Network
Takers
The Tourist

$14.99 (SJ only) (5/15)
Alien 3
Alien: Resurrection
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (Digibook)
Rocky (Digibook)
The Terminator (Digibook)
The Usual Suspects (Digibook)

$16.99 (SJ only) (5/15)
The Mechanic (Avail. Tues.)
The Roommate (Avail. Tues.)

$19.99
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (Blu3D) (not OR or WA)
James Bond 007: Volume 1
James Bond 007: Volume 2
Monster House 3D (Blu3D) (not OR or WA)
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film (Blu3D) (not OR or WA)
Open Season (Blu3D) (not OR or WA)
Piranha 3D (Blu3D) (not OR or WA)
Resident Evil: Afterlife (Blu3D) (not OR or WA)
Spider-Man: The High Definition Trilogy
Underworld Trilogy

$22.99 (SJ only) (5/15)
Rite (Blu+DVD) (Avail. Tues.)

$24.99 (AUS, DFW, GA, HOU, IL and IN) (AZ, LA, LV, OR, SAC, SD, SJ and WA - 5/14 ONLY) (5/14)
The Green Hornet (Blu3D+Blu+DVD)

$29.99
Die Hard Collection
Rocky: The Undisputed Collection
X-Men Trilogy

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm.. if this is an anniversary sale then this is a pretty weak lineup. I guess Red deads a good price, but i already have it. I was actually waiting for them to do a release of undead nightmare coupled with the game so i could get the 360 version

I'll be picking up RDR unless Amazon matches. Thank you OP.

Also be sure to add that you get a $50 gift card with ANY PS3 system purchase

Damn. Bought Red Dead Redemption and Crysis 2 about a month ago for $27 and $45 about a month ago and still haven't opened them.

very tempted to get Red Dead Redemption. I never played the grand theft auto games, only tried it at friends houses.

Parents didnt let me have it. However i'm older now and I can buy whatever i want :D.

Can anyone explain what the multiplayer is like?

[quote name='akuma77']very tempted to get Red Dead Redemption. I never played the grand theft auto games, only tried it at friends houses.

Parents didnt let me have it. However i'm older now and I can buy whatever i want :D.

Can anyone explain what the multiplayer is like?[/QUOTE]

Ride around and hunt other players ... team up with other players ... raid bandit camps ... go hunting wild animals together ... and that's just in the over-world hub ... there are death match games, etc

Yeah ... it's pretty much one of the best values for a game that you can get ... assuming you don't hate the whole 'Western' theme or don't want to wait for the inevitable GOTY edition.

But just remember, when the GOTY edition is released ... all the 'smart' people who waited will be paying at least $40 most likely ... so I say just pick it up now man!

I had the game for about 3 weeks when it first came out and I played a lot of free roam multiplayer. For free roam, you run around the big open game world doing whatever you want and killing other players if you like. If you kill multiple players or NPCs you get a bounty on your head. If your bounty becomes very large you will then be tracked down by more law enforcement and other players looking to cash in on your bounty. They also have gang hideouts pretty much everywhere and you can initiate them with other players to clear them out of bandits.

As for the competitive multiplayer, there are many scenarios you can play where you either co-op with others to complete objectives or play many types of games like capture points, looting, etc.. each game type has a different goal.

You also gain EXP for everything you do in multiplayer to level up, and the higher level you are the more stuff you unlock (guns, titles, character skins, etc)

I really liked the multiplayer in this, and I want it again to try out the DLC packs and Undead Nightmare.

[quote name='akuma77']very tempted to get Red Dead Redemption. I never played the grand theft auto games, only tried it at friends houses.

Can anyone explain what the multiplayer is like?[/QUOTE]

I HATED GTA IV. I thought it was horrible. but i loved Red dead Redemption. I havent met anyone that disliked the game, its really fun. They ditched a lot of the stupid realism and micromanagment that brought GTA IV down. RDR is just friggin fun, definitely give it a look

thank you everyone for your quick replies !
i think i will be picking it up. (might get envious when people who wait for GOTY edition get it off a B2G1 FREE sale)

but screw them i'll have been enjoying this game way before then. xP.

Now if only Frys put a sale on the Madcatz TE Fight Sticks...

Some decent deals posted. I'll be getting Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy
and Final Fantasy IV on PSP and likely NBA 2K11 and Red Dead Redemption for X360. Hopefully, I can find an Undead Nightmare to go along with RDR as well, thanks OP!

Red Dead Redemption looks very good. All these great PS3 deals in the last couple of days makes the PSN network outage bearable.

On another note, the Fry's Ad includes a very hot deal on the Intel i7 2600k Processor @ $250.

I love the anniversary sale, and I find myself with some disposable income. Probably in for 2k11, and maybe RDR since I got UN for $20 and this would set me up nicely. Just need to see the rest of the ad online!

Do you know if these are one day sales in Oregon? I looked on their website for portal 2 and RDR for the ps3 but they come up as full price

[quote name='AllmightyGaNtZ']Do you know if these are one day sales in Oregon? I looked on their website for portal 2 and RDR for the ps3 but they come up as full price[/QUOTE]

The website no longer offers the sale prices available in-store.

And all prices listed so far are valid all week long. I indicate if the prices are one-day only when that is the case.

Hmmmm...might get Crysis 2 for this price. However, the nearest Frys is 30 miles away, so not really cost effective.

[quote name='Dranakin']Hmmmm...might get Crysis 2 for this price. However, the nearest Frys is 30 miles away, so not really cost effective.[/QUOTE]

If you can get the flyer, most stores will PM.

[quote name='Dranakin']Hmmmm...might get Crysis 2 for this price. However, the nearest Frys is 30 miles away, so not really cost effective.[/QUOTE]
try to price match it on your phone, what I've done is if your at best buy, go on their computers and price match their. a double in your face to them lol

Great timing for the sale, just got paid today! :whistle2:D

Picked up Crysis 2 and Dissidia Duodecim this morning.

Also contemplating picking up a new video card and power supply for my computer as well.

[quote name='KiySeph']Great timing for the sale, just got paid today! :whistle2:D

Picked up Crysis 2 and Dissidia Duodecim this morning.

Also contemplating picking up a new video card and power supply for my computer as well.[/QUOTE]

Dissidia Duodecim

anyone know if 2k11 has trully dynamic roster/team rating updates? I ask because playoffs are in full swing, etc.. I wanted to like the game but from the demo I just don't know...I love kicking it oldschool on my dreamcast and gamecube with nba 2k and 2k2 but playing the new ones seems a bit cumbersome. I guess I'm just not used to the departure from (more) arcadey gameplay (even though those two weren't exactly nba street).

Also, never finished gta4 but loved the world. Not enough to do though and got a little bored..might I feel the same about RDR?

and finally, since I won't be ditching COD (or even Halo Reach) multi anytime soon, is Crysis 2's single player really worth $35? I thought the multiplayer demo was a bit underwhelming/didn't control precisely enough but from what I've seen from the single player, the graphics in that mode are considerably more impressive and the gameplay more interesting. Anyone have some feedback?

Thanks

[quote name='Viper51989']anyone know if 2k11 has trully dynamic roster/team rating updates? I ask because playoffs are in full swing, etc.. I wanted to like the game but from the demo I just don't know...I love kicking it oldschool on my dreamcast and gamecube with nba 2k and 2k2 but playing the new ones seems a bit cumbersome. I guess I'm just not used to the departure from (more) arcadey gameplay (even though those two weren't exactly nba street).[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does. Team trades were reflected weekly or so, and player ratings change dynamically.

[quote name='Viper51989']anyone know if 2k11 has trully dynamic roster/team rating updates? I ask because playoffs are in full swing, etc.. I wanted to like the game but from the demo I just don't know...I love kicking it oldschool on my dreamcast and gamecube with nba 2k and 2k2 but playing the new ones seems a bit cumbersome. I guess I'm just not used to the departure from (more) arcadey gameplay (even though those two weren't exactly nba street).

Also, never finished gta4 but loved the world. Not enough to do though and got a little bored..might I feel the same about RDR?

and finally, since I won't be ditching COD (or even Halo Reach) multi anytime soon, is Crysis 2's single player really worth $35? I thought the multiplayer demo was a bit underwhelming/didn't control precisely enough but from what I've seen from the single player, the graphics in that mode are considerably more impressive and the gameplay more interesting. Anyone have some feedback?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Crysis 2 has the best FPS campaign that I have ever played.

wow, that sounds promising on the crysis front, not that I've really been buying fps's for the campaign in a while (MW2 was ridiculous but a decent ride and BO was totally forgettable).

any particular ones you might compare it to?

trying to make the decision if I'm gonna drive out there (nearest frys is a bit of a hike)

[quote name='nemesislife']is there any chance that amazon would price match this prices. i wanna get crysis 2 n rdr.[/QUOTE]

Virtually none.

[quote name='onyzukae']Final Fantasy IV - 29.96 fry's wd Losangeles.,CA [/QUOTE]

I have no clue what you meant by this. The price is $19.96 in all LA stores. Did you check the website or something?

[quote name='onyzukae']does anyone know ... price of heavy rain ps3 ?[/QUOTE]

If an item is not listed in the ad, then it would be at the regular Fry's price. Since Heavy Rain is a Greatest Hits now...I would assume the price to be $29.96.

[quote name='fidodido']I have no clue what you meant by this. The price is $19.96 in all LA stores. Did you check the website or something?
i just call and ask the price...

If an item is not listed in the ad, then it would be at the regular Fry's price. Since Heavy Rain is a Greatest Hits now...I would assume the price to be $29.96.[/QUOTE]

thank you 4 help!

I got to meet Charlie Chip in person at Fry's today!! Oh and I also picked up the $20 FF4 Collection. Thanks for the heads up!

Rushed over to frys after school to pick up red dead redemption and tiger woods 12. Thinking they would be sold out because of this great deal but there were so many in stock. Most of the people there were after the coke though

[quote name='Dranakin']Yes, it does. Team trades were reflected weekly or so, and player ratings change dynamically.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, with PSN down, that's not happening right now.

bread's done
Back