Fry's Ads 9/2-8 (Updated Daily): Labor Day Sale

fidodido

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Here's the entertainment software listings from ALL Fry's Electronics B&M Ad(s). These prices are valid only for the dates listed in the subject line. Locations are abbreviated as follows: Arizona (AZ), Austin (AUS), Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW), Georgia (GA), Houston (HOU), Illinois (IL), Indiana (IN), Los Angeles/Orange County (LA), Nevada (NV), Oregon (OR), Sacramento (SAC), San Diego (SD), San Jose/Silicon Valley (SJ), and Washington (WA)

The items listed below are as they appear in the Fry's B&M Ads. If no location is mentioned on items, then the pricing should be assumed to apply to all locations unless otherwise specified.

Ad Listings:
Fri 8 Pages: All locations except LATimes, OR, WA which have 4 page ads.
Everyday: SJ only
Sat-Mon,Weds: All locations except SJ

Note: Pricing denoted by an * are NOT available on Frys.com. It would appear all other pricing is available online this week.

Missing ads: IL 9/7

3DS

$19.96 (SJ only) (9/3)
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters (3DS)

PSP

$32.99 (not OR or WA)
Sony 16GB Memory Stick Pro-HG Duo

$129* (9/5 ONLY)
PSP Handheld w/ Cowboy Bebop: The Movie (UMD), Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (UMD), Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (UMD), Metropolis (UMD), Steamboy (UMD)

PS3

$19.99
God of War Collection
God of War III
Heavy Rain
Infamous (LA, OR and WA)
Little Big Planet: Game of the Year Edition (LA, OR and WA)
The Sly Collection (LA, OR and WA)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves: Game of the Year Edition

$29.96
Killzone 3
Little Big Planet 2
MLB '11: The Show
SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs
Uncharted Dual-Pack* (Avail. Tues.) (SJ only) (9/3)

$34.96 (LA, OR, SJ and WA) (9/3)
L.A. Noire

$39.96
F.3.A.R. (LA, OR, SD, SJ and WA) (9/3)
Gran Turismo 5
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters (LA, OR, SD, SJ and WA) (9/3)
Infamous 2
Motorstorm: Apocalypse

$44.96
Black Dual Shock 3 Controller
Blue Dual Shock 3 Controller
Red Dual Shock 3 Controller
Silver Dual Shock 3 Controller

$49 (9/5 ONLY)
Playstation Move Sports Champions Bundle

$49.96 (9/7)
Dead Island
Disgaea 4: A Promise Unbroken: Premium Edition
Warhammer 40000: Space Marine

$59.96 (not OR or WA)
Resistance 3 (Avail. Tues.)

$69*
Playstation Move Sports Champions Bundle w/ EyePet, Kung Fu Rider

$79*
Playstation Move Tiger Woods PGA Tour '12: The Masters Bundle w/ Sports Champions

$249* (not SD)
PS3 160GB Slim Console w/ God of War III, Uncharted 2

Wii

$19.96 (SJ only) (9/3)
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters

$149* (not SD)
Black Wii Console w/ Wii Fit Plus, Action Board, Mario Kart Wii w/ Wheel, Wii Motionplus Controller
White Wii Console w/ Wii Fit Plus, Action Board, Mario Kart Wii w/ Wheel, Wii Motionplus Controller

XBox 360

$34.96 (LA, OR, SJ and WA) (9/3)
L.A. Noire

$39.96 (LA, OR, SD, SJ and WA) (9/3)
F.3.A.R.
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters

$49.96 (9/7)
Dead Island
Warhammer 40000: Space Marine

PC

$39.96 (LA, OR, SD, SJ and WA) (9/3)
F.3.A.R.

$49.96 (not OR or WA)
Dead Island (Avail. Tues.)
Warhammer 40000: Space Marine (Avail. Tues.)

Blu-Ray

2 for $12
Above the Law
The Adventures of Robin Hood
The Ant Bully
Body Heat
The Brave One
Dead Calm
Fracture
Gothika
The Invasion
The Invention of Lying
Mr. Woodcock
The Negotiator
Ocean's Twelve
Over the Top
Point of No Return
Rumor Has It...
Rush Hour 3
Semi-Pro
Set It Off
Snakes on a Plane
Sphere
Syriana
Tango & Cash
Trick 'r Treat
Under Siege
Under Siege 2: Dark Territory
The Wicker Man (2006)
The Wild Bunch

$12.99
Hoodwinked Too!: Hood vs. Evil (Blu+DVD)
Insidious (not OR or WA)

$12.99 / $14.99 (NV and WA)
The Godfather/The Godfather Part II
The Italian Job (2003)/Shooter
Primal Fear/Shutter Island

$14.99
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (Blu3D) (not OR or WA)
The Conspirator (not OR or WA)
Dolphins and Whales: Tribes of the Ocean (Blu3D) (9/3)
Monster House (Blu3D) (not OR or WA)
Ocean Wonderland 3D (Blu3D+Blu) (9/3)
The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup Film (Blu3D) (9/3)
Open Season (Blu3D) (not OR or WA)
Piranha 3D (Blu3D) (not OR or WA)
Resident Evil: Afterlife (Blu3D) (not OR or WA)
Sharks 3D (Blu3D+Blu) (9/3)

$17.99 (not OR or WA)
Hanna (Avail. Tues.)
Tyler Perry's Madea's Big Happy Family

$19.99 (OR) / $24.99 (LA, SJ and WA)*
Drive Angry (Blu3D) (9/3)
Hoodwinked Too!: Hood vs. Evil (Blu3D+Blu+DVD) (OR, LA and SJ)

$22.99 (OR) / $24.99
Alice in Wonderland (2010) (Blu3D+Blu+DVD)
Mars Needs Moms (Blu3D+Blu+DVD)
Priest (Blu3D)

$24.99
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Blu3D+Blu+DVD)
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (Blu3D+Blu+DVD)
Rio (Blu3D+Blu+DVD)

$34.99 (not OR or WA)
The Office: Season 7 (Avail. Tues)

$39.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season 3

DVD

$14.99 (not OR or WA)
A Cinderella Story: Once Upon a Song (Avail. Tues.)
Hanna (SJ only) (9/5)

$29.99 (SJ only)
The Office: Season 7 (9/5)
Sons of Anarchy: Season 3 (9/3)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, Under Siege on blu-ray? I need to own that. Watching Erica Eleniak popping out of the cake in HD should be a treat :D Thanks fido.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Goddammit Fry's, why even bother?[/QUOTE]

Move to Cali :)

and yeah, what's with retail value for Space Marine and Dead Island?

[quote name='Roguestriker']Move to Cali :)
[/QUOTE]

Why would I go to the state where the deal ISN'T being offered?

anyone want to hook me up with either PS Move bundle?

$69

$79
Playstation Move Tiger Woods PGA Tour '12: The Masters Bundle w/ Sports Champions

[quote name='Nohbdy']Why would I go to the state where the deal ISN'T being offered?[/QUOTE]
I thought that meant it just wasn't in the ads for those states.
The deal is good everywhere no?
It's even $19.99 on the website.

[quote name='dallow']I thought that meant it just wasn't in the ads for those states.
The deal is good everywhere no?
It's even $19.99 on the website.[/QUOTE]

It means that it is only listed in the ads for those areas. But you are correct...I checked the website and nearly all of the pricing is available online, except for the console and Move bundles. That's atypical and makes me wonder about the regions with higher than "normal" prices.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a n00b on Fry's print ads. I'd love to get my Best Buy to price match Fry's for Dead island at $49.99, but I'm not sure how to grab scans for it (I live near Los Angeles, CA). I get LA Times on Sunday; would that have the 4 page ad mentioned in the OP, or just Friday's paper?

If it doesn't, what would be the best way to obtain a print ad to bring in store? I've had them price match Fry's for Red Dead Redemption and Mod Nation Racers back in 2010, but it sure was a pain!

Thanks!

[quote name='Kitoro']Sorry, I'm a bit of a n00b on Fry's print ads. I'd love to get my Best Buy to price match Fry's for Dead island at $49.99, but I'm not sure how to grab scans for it (I live near Los Angeles, CA). I get LA Times on Sunday; would that have the 4 page ad mentioned in the OP, or just Friday's paper?

If it doesn't, what would be the best way to obtain a print ad to bring in store? I've had them price match Fry's for Red Dead Redemption and Mod Nation Racers back in 2010, but it sure was a pain![/QUOTE]

To price match Dead Island in Los Angeles, you'd need a copy of the Friday OC Register ad. The LATimes ad won't work as the 4-page ads don't include next week's releases. It's very likely that the pricing will be reprinted in the Monday ad in both the OC Register and LATimes, but I can't be sure, especially as Monday is Labor Day.

[quote name='Kitoro']Sorry, I'm a bit of a n00b on Fry's print ads. I'd love to get my Best Buy to price match Fry's for Dead island at $49.99, but I'm not sure how to grab scans for it (I live near Los Angeles, CA). I get LA Times on Sunday; would that have the 4 page ad mentioned in the OP, or just Friday's paper?

If it doesn't, what would be the best way to obtain a print ad to bring in store? I've had them price match Fry's for Red Dead Redemption and Mod Nation Racers back in 2010, but it sure was a pain!

Thanks![/QUOTE]

This is obviously YMMV, but an idea is just to talk to someone in the video game section. In Downers Grove, IL, the only Frys I know of in my area, there is a Best Buy across the street. At that store, I'm always approached in the game section to see if I need help. Simply telling them that I'm interested in a game but that it is cheaper at Frys across the street, however I'd rather buy it with them, and every single time they have gone to the computer to look the price up online. If it's there, they will match. The bad part is, 99% of Frys sale prices are never online. The good news, this sale apparently IS online as well. This BB obviously isn't the same as others in this respect, in regards to matching online prices. It sort of depends on how cool the employee is you're dealing with. It's worth a shot if you can't find a print ad on Monday.

wow I almost bought infamous 2 @ frys the other day for 60!!!!!!!

picking it up today for 40.... woohooo!!!

[quote name='Ace!']anyone want to hook me up with either PS Move bundle?

$69

$79
Playstation Move Tiger Woods PGA Tour '12: The Masters Bundle w/ Sports Champions[/QUOTE]

You are listed as living in Georgia. Just making sure you realize there are 2 stores in the North Atlanta burbs. I realize everyone doesn't live in the metro area that lives in the state, but it certainly is a majority of the residents.

the move + tiger woods + sports champions is somewhat tempting at $80

arg, i'm just gonna cross my fingers and hope a $50 bundle drops again on black friday

Amazon did a lightning deal for tiger woods move bundle at $49 so it's ruined in my mind. I'm tempted by MLB 11 but I'm hoping to resist that this year.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
Why don't you just hit up one of the many Fry's in the area, if you're apprehensive of a Best Buy PM? Unless of course your Best Buy location(s) are much more convenient...or you want rewards points.

Most likely, the new release pricing for Tuesday will be in one of the Fry's print ads over the next few days...can't recall if it was in today's ad (according to Fido, no...and I'm all but certain he is right), but most likely it will be in the 1 page ad on the back of the LA Times sports section tomorrow and/or Sunday. Also Monday/Tuesday, because usually Fry's puts out >1 page ads for the Monday holidays in the LA Times. Or just grab the OC Register like Fido said.

thx OP. am v tempted by $29.96 LBP2. but a self-respecting CAG would wait for the (inevitable) GOTY edition, right? any guesses when that'll be? and for it to be on sale too ;).

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Is $30 the lowest price LBP2 has been?[/QUOTE]

Ya, i think so, I've waited this long tho... 20$ or less for me I think. BF maybe.

Sunday update:

$14.99 (Blu3D): Dolphins and Whales: Tribes of the Ocean 3D, Ocean Wonderland 3D (Blu3D+Blu), Official FIFA 2010 World Cup Film, Sharks 3D (Blu3D+Blu)

$19.96 (SJ-3DS/Wii): Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters

$24.99 (SJ-Blu3D): Drive Angry

$29.96 (SJ-PS3): Uncharted Dual-Pack

$29.99 (SJ): Sons of Anarchy: Season 3

$34.96 (SJ-PS3/360): L.A. Noire

$39.96 (SJ-PS3/360/PC): F.3.A.R., Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters (PS3/360)

[quote name='fidodido']To price match Dead Island in Los Angeles, you'd need a copy of the Friday OC Register ad. The LATimes ad won't work as the 4-page ads don't include next week's releases. It's very likely that the pricing will be reprinted in the Monday ad in both the OC Register and LATimes, but I can't be sure, especially as Monday is Labor Day.[/QUOTE]

many thx, fidodido. i've been looking in the latimes for a few days now with no luck, so that explains it. i hope my best buy will pm a printout of the oc register ad (and that it includes la locations in the ad; i think so but don't recall). they can be pretty anal about it.

btw: anyone have a link to the ad? it used to be pretty easy to navigate the oc register site but for the life of me, i now can't find their print ads.

UPDATE: well i found the ocregister ad and printed it but figures best buy wouldn't honor it AND the zombieland promo (tho they allowed pm and promos in the past), just one or the other.

Is the Uncharted bundle out already? I've never played them since I just got my ps3 a few months ago but $30 is an awesome deal

where would the 16gb memory stick pro duo be located? Id love to get anohter one but am not sure if that would be with the regular psp items, or with their memory sticks. Last time i looked in the memory stick section they didn't have any of them

[quote name='Kenshindono']where would the 16gb memory stick pro duo be located? Id love to get anohter one but am not sure if that would be with the regular psp items, or with their memory sticks. Last time i looked in the memory stick section they didn't have any of them[/QUOTE]
They're locked up behind the registers. I had to ask the dude at the help desk and he asked for my name and phone number and gave me a print out to give to the cashier. The cashier then took the printout to the cage. Hope that helps!

[quote name='Donnums']Is the Uncharted bundle out already? I've never played them since I just got my ps3 a few months ago but $30 is an awesome deal[/QUOTE]

comes out this Tuesday (9/6), and yes I agree for $30 it is an amazing deal. Go ahead and do yourself a favor, and buy it this Tuesday at Fry's. It's going for $39.99 normally at other retailers.

[quote name='MechaGojira']They're locked up behind the registers. I had to ask the dude at the help desk and he asked for my name and phone number and gave me a print out to give to the cashier. The cashier then took the printout to the cage. Hope that helps![/QUOTE]

thank you. They had 2 left and i snagged them. Good price considering these are usually double the price

Hopefully someone can pick up the tiger woods move bundle for $50 tomorrow. Would be legit

Monday 1-Day Sale:

$49 (PS3): Playstation Move Sports Champions Bundle

$129 (PSP): PSP Handheld w/ Cowboy Bebop: The Movie (UMD), Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (UMD), Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (UMD), Metropolis (UMD), Steamboy (UMD)

[quote name='strait edge follower']Why they don't put a frys in a huge market that is nyc is baffling and makes me sad :([/QUOTE]

I don't think it's all that baffling. They are being very strategic about their locations...going to places where they know they can compete effectively. Competition in NYC is TOUGH...so it's probably not worth it to try...at least not yet. I think it's smart.

bread's done
Back