Fry's Ads 9/23-29 (Updated Daily)

fidodido

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Here's the entertainment software listings from ALL Fry's Electronics B&M Ad(s). These prices are valid only for the dates listed in the subject line. Locations are abbreviated as follows: Arizona (AZ), Austin (AUS), Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW), Georgia (GA), Houston (HOU), Illinois (IL), Indiana (IN), Los Angeles/Orange County (LA), Nevada (NV), Oregon (OR), Sacramento (SAC), San Diego (SD), San Jose/Silicon Valley (SJ), and Washington (WA)

The items listed below are as they appear in the Fry's B&M Ads. If no location is mentioned on items, then the pricing should be assumed to apply to all locations unless otherwise specified.

All items are listed online at the same price, except for those indicated by an *.

Ad Listings:
Fri 8 Pages: All locations except LATimes, OR, WA which have 4 page ads.
Everyday: SJ only
Sat-Mon,Weds: All locations except SJ

Missing Ads: 9/23 GA and 9/26 IL

PSP

$69.99
Lexar 32GB Memory Stick Pro Duo Mark 2

$129 (9/26)
PSP Handheld w/ Air Force One (UMD), Charlie's Angels (UMD), The Fifth Element (UMD), Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (UMD), A Knight's Tale (UMD), The Legend of Zorro (UMD), Men in Black (UMD), Resident Evil (UMD), Resident Evil: Degeneration (UMD), Stuart Little 3: Call of the Wild (UMD)

PS3

$14.96
Lego Batman
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

$29.96 (not OR or WA)
The Ico & Shadow of Colossus Collection (Avail. Tues.)

$34.96
Dirt 3
Operation Flashpoint: Red River

$44.96
F1 2011

$49.96 (SJ only) (9/25)
X-Men: Destiny (Avail. Tues.)

$59.96 (not OR or WA)
FIFA Soccer '12 (Avail. Tues.)

Wii

$14.96
Lego Batman
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 (not NV or SAC)

$49.96
Cabela's Big Game Hunter '12 w/ Top Shot Elite (Avail. Tues.) (not OR or WA)
X-Men: Destiny (Avail. Tues.) (SJ only) (9/25)

$149
Wii Console w/ Mario Kart Wii w/ Wheel, Wii Sports

XBox 360

$14.96
Game Party in Motion
Lego Batman
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

$34.96
Dirt 3
Operation Flashpoint: Red River

$44.96
F1 2011

$59.96 (not OR or WA)
FIFA Soccer '12 (Avail. Tues.)

$99.92
Gears of War 3 w/ Gears of War 3 Controller

$299.96
XBox 360 4GB Slim Console w/ Kinect Sensor, Kinect Adventures!, $50 Gift Card

$399 (9/24 ONLY)
XBox 360 320GB Gears of War 3 Limited Edition Console w/ $40 Gift Card

PC

$29.96
Operation Flashpoint: Red River (SJ only) (9/24)
Sid Meier's Civilization V

$34.96
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

$59.99
Logitech G700 Wireless Gaming Mouse (not OR or WA) ($79.99 - $20 MiR)
Razer Imperator Ergonomic Laser Gaming Mouse (IL only)

$89.99 (not OR or WA)
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Gaming Keyboard

Blu-Ray

$8.99
Better Off Dead (not OR or WA)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Forrest Gump
Galaxy Quest
Grease
The Last Airbender
Madea's Big Happy Family (LA, OR and WA) (notice in LA stores indicating that this is a print error and should be Better Off Dead)
Minority Report
The Untouchables
We Were Soldiers

$12.99 (not OR or WA)
Braveheart/Gladiator
Footloose (Avail. Tues.)

$17.99
Bambi II (Blu+DVD)
Battle: Los Angeles (Blu+DVD)
The Eagle (LA, OR and WA)
Just Go With It
Limitless
Priest
Rango (Blu+DVD)
True Grit (2010) (Blu+DVD)

$18.99
Spider-Man: The High Definition Trilogy

$19.99
Bridesmaids (Blu+DVD)

$22.99
Dumbo (Blu+DVD) (not OR or WA)
X-Men Trilogy

$24.99 (SJ only) (9/25)
How To Make It in America: The Complete 1st Season (Avail. Tues.)

$79.99 (9/28)
Star Wars: The Original Trilogy w/ Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy

DVD

$7.99 (not OR or WA)
Footloose (Avail. Tues.)

$8.99 (SJ only) (9/25)
4 Film Favorites: International Spies Collection
4 Film Favorites: Jim Carrey Collection
4 Film Favorites: Kevin Costner Collection
4 Film Favorites: Ocean's Collection
4 Film Favorites: Oliver Stone Collection
4 Film Favorites: Suspense Collection
4 Film Favorites: Thriller Collection
4 Film Favorites: Urban Action Collection
4 Film Favorites: Wedding Collection
4 Film Favorites: Wesley Snipes Collection
4 Film Favorites: Western Collection
4 Film Favorites: Whoopi Goldberg Collection

$14.99
Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Complete 7th Season

$19.99 (not OR or WA)
How To Make It in America: The Complete 1st Season (Avail. Tues.)

$20.99
Entourage: The Complete 7th Season

$22.99 (not OR or WA)
Camelot: The Complete 1st Season

$38.99 (SJ only) (9/25)
CSI: Miami: The 9th Season (Avail. Tues.)

$44.99 (SJ only) (9/25)
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation: The 11th Season

Last edited by a moderator:
In for Team ICO - Grabbed God of War Origins for this price from Fry's on launch day, and saw Best Buy was offering both games for $60 next week. Was considering digging out my Fry's receipt for GoW to get the BB deal, and do a return @ Fry's, but now I won't have to...:bouncy:

just got frys gift card so team Ico you shall be mine! glad i held off from newegg and amazon. this'll be my 3rd frys new release this year- catherine deluxe ed- $60, el shaddai $40, team ico $30. well played, frys, well played.

ps keepin my fingers crossed for a deal on dark souls

I'm definitely grabbing Ico for that price, I was about to pre-order it from Amazon when I saw this, thanks OP you just saved me some money

Gah, I shake my fist at the lack of Fry's in SF. And not having a car to drive to the others in the Bay Area.

Here's hoping Amazon price matches. I don't have much faith in the speed of Fry's $2 shipping.

[quote name='grifta67']Gah, I shake my fist at the lack of Fry's in SF. And not having a car to drive to the others in the Bay Area.

Here's hoping Amazon price matches. I don't have much faith in the speed of Fry's $2 shipping.[/QUOTE]

couldn't you just pm the frys price at the bb on geary?

Pretty sure SF BB's don't look at Fry's as a local competitor. It's the same reason that I can't PM kmart at BB's in San Jose, even though there are Kmarts in Redwood City and Scott's Valley.

[quote name='grifta67']Gah, I shake my fist at the lack of Fry's in SF. And not having a car to drive to the others in the Bay Area.

Here's hoping Amazon price matches. I don't have much faith in the speed of Fry's $2 shipping.[/QUOTE]

Amazon isn't price matching, already tried and failed. Looks like I'm stopping by Fry's on my way home.

[quote name='etcrane']Pretty sure SF BB's don't look at Fry's as a local competitor. It's the same reason that I can't PM kmart at BB's in San Jose, even though there are Kmarts in Redwood City and Scott's Valley.[/QUOTE]

Who knows...I've price matched Fry's at the Dublin BB. Closest Fry's is still almost half hour drive from there?

Definitely in for Ico & Shadow. I never played the PS2 games, so these are a welcome addition. I cancelled my Amazon order for a couple of reasons: 1.) the price and 2.) they sent me Resistance 3 in a freakin' bubble envelope! I'm surprised the cover came pristine, but I can't take the chance of the cover getting pressed in due to those ridiculous un-enforced spots on the blu-ray case. At Fry's, I can get it for $10 cheaper and pick the one with the best cover. When I picked up the God of War Origins Collection for $29.96 earlier, the price tags still read at $39.whatever, so there should be plenty to pick from on Tuesday.:booty:

Just a thought, would we be able to pm it at bestbuy and then buy Uncharted double pack and still get $20 off? lol Or perhaps buy 2 Ico @ $29.99 and get $20 off. :lol:I'm dreaming.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Just a thought, would we be able to pm it at bestbuy and then buy Uncharted double pack and still get $20 off? lol Or perhaps buy 2 Ico @ $29.99 and get $20 off. :lol:I'm dreaming.[/QUOTE]

No actually I thought about doing that myself. If it can be done, I'll get that and the God of War Origins Collection.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']No actually I thought about doing that myself. If it can be done, I'll get that and the God of War Origins Collection.[/QUOTE]
Good luck bro, I'll b trying that myself. The video game guy at my bb is pretty cool so I'll definitely try :D.

BTW, how do u like El Shaddai?

[quote name='kouleefoh']Good luck bro, I'll b trying that myself. The video game guy at my bb is pretty cool so I'll definitely try :D.

BTW, how do u like El Shaddai?[/QUOTE]

It's crazy and a tad bit repetitive, but my lord is it beautiful. :D

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']It's crazy and a tad bit repetitive, but my lord is it beautiful. :D[/QUOTE]
I very much wanna try it, but waiting for it to be $25 or under.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't count on it. Amazon is getting really bad at this. They didn't match the Socom4 price Fry's had the other week. They haven't matched either of Newegg's deals on BF3 and they haven't matched the price Fry's has now on Red River.

If anyone gets the chance please report the $34.96 for Operation Flashpoint Red River PS3 to Amazon

I was happy when I saw the price for Lego Harry Potter but then I remembered that I already picked it up at BBV during a B1G1.

Nice price on Ico/SotC.

I tried price matching with Amazon and it was a no go. Here's my email and their response

Hi Amazon,

Is it possible for you guys to price match "The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection" for the PS3?

You guys are selling it for $39.99 but Frys is selling it for $29.96.

Here are the links

Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I0J5FG/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d2_g63_i1

Frys
http://www.frys.com/product/6710925

Thanks
Hello,

I understand that you found a better price for the item "The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection" and wanted to know if we can price match the item with other on line sites.

I can see that this item will be release on September 27, 2011. We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry; however, the prices on our website are subject to change. While the Amazon.com website has accurate pricing information, we don't honor prices or savings posted without our permission on other websites. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502

For your reference. Whenever you pre-order a video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date.

If the price changes before the item ships, you'll see the updated price in Your Account. If the price changes after your shipment is already being prepared, you'll receive a refund within 24 - 48 hours of the release date.

Our Pre-Order Price Guarantee doesn't apply to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Yeah it's retarded. All you can do is hit the tell us about a lower price link and hope they lower it. If their prices were really "competitive" they'd price match. There's nothing competitive about selling a game for 10 or 20 more than another retailer

I just realized that the Braveheart/Gladiator thing is 2 movies together...but apparently it's the 2 separate releases (including the good Gladiator one) in one box, in 2 cases. Guess I'll pick that up and sell my Braveheart copy, because $13 is insane.

Sunday update:

$8.99 (SJ): 4 Film Favorites: International Spies Collection, 4 Film Favorites: Jim Carrey Collection, 4 Film Favorites: Kevin Costner Collection, 4 Film Favorites: Ocean's Collection, 4 Film Favorites: Oliver Stone Collection, 4 Film Favorites: Suspense Collection, 4 Film Favorites: Thriller Collection, 4 Film Favorites: Urban Action Collection, 4 Film Favorites: Wedding Collection, 4 Film Favorites: Wesley Snipes Collection, 4 Film Favorites: Western Collection, 4 Film Favorites: Whoopi Goldberg Collection

$24.99 (SJ-Blu): How To Make It in America: Season 1

$38.99 (SJ): CSI: Miami: Season 9

$44.99 (SJ): CSI: Season 11

$49.96 (SJ-PS3/360): X-Men: Destiny

What the heck, Ico/SotC isn't on their site anymore? I just went to order it and it's nowhere to be found. Search turns up nothing and clicking the entry in the advertisement brings up "product not found". Ideas?

Monday bump:

Missing ads: IL

$129 (PSP): PSP Handheld w/ Air Force One (UMD), Charlie's Angels (UMD), Fifth Element (UMD), Final Fantasy (UMD), Knight's Tale (UMD), Legend of Zorro (UMD), Men in Black (UMD), Resident Evil (UMD), Resident Evil: Degeneration (UMD), Stuart Little 3 (UMD)

I don't recall amazon ever worrying about Frys. Amazon has a price match guarantee for TVs. I tried to use it last May but Frys is not on their approved list.

Speaking about Price Matches, just a few days ago I got access to the list of approved companies Frys will pricematch. I should be able to post pics by tomorrow

[quote name='grifta67']What the heck, Ico/SotC isn't on their site anymore? I just went to order it and it's nowhere to be found. Search turns up nothing and clicking the entry in the advertisement brings up "product not found". Ideas?[/QUOTE]

Dammit, it's sold out. Just called in to find out why it disappeared and they said they sold out of their ~100 copies they had allotted for online sales. Not sure why they don't just mark it as sold out instead of completely removing the item though, quite confusing.

Wednesday addendum:

$79.99 (Blu): Star Wars: Original Trilogy w/ Star Wars: Prequel Trilogy

[quote name='grifta67']Dammit, it's sold out. Just called in to find out why it disappeared and they said they sold out of their ~100 copies they had allotted for online sales. Not sure why they don't just mark it as sold out instead of completely removing the item though, quite confusing.[/QUOTE]

Guessing that's why my store hasn't received any copies yet. (They're holding B&M copies for online sales) Didn't have this problem w/God of War Origins a few weeks ago. If they are still outta stock tomorrow, I'll just grab a rain check and head over to Best Buy/Target/Wal-Mart/Toys R Us and get a price match.

I ordered the ico collection online for sale couple days ago. Is it normal for frys to not email anything when you order, no confirmation or shipping or anything. I didn't put in password to create account but did provide email and amount has pending on my card since saturday or Sunday.

If you have the Fry's ad, you should be able to price match it at Target (so long as Fry's is a local competitor). And if you use the Target red card to pay, it's another 5% off. I walked out today with the game for $30.81 after tax. The nearest Fry's to me was about 15 miles away, so this was much more convenient since Target is much closer.

And side note - I actually had a hard time finding the game in stock. Went to Best Buy first thinking I'd price match there, and they were sold out. So was every other Best Buy store in the north DFW area that the associate checked. Then tried the Target next door and they were out. Finally went to an older Target down the road that no one shops at and snagged one of the last three copies. Not sure why the stock seems limited in store, but for those looking to buy in store, it might be worth calling first to check stock before making the drive.

Just want to point out that the Logitech G700 had a $15 rebate off the $79.99 at an LA Fry's. Still a deal for me since I was in the market for a new mouse.

bread's done
Back