Fry's - DualShock 3 Wireless Controller with FREE The Last of Us (Both for $39.99)

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I know fidodido posts the Fry's ad but thought this was a solid deal that deserved it's own thread. It's not live yet but per the weekly ad: DualShock 3 Wireless Controller (Available in 7 colors) with FREE The Last of Us (Both for $39.99). Here is a link to the Ad

Sell it on CL, the game is 5 kinds of awesome that you can sell it for $20-30 easy or even trade for another game you want.
Los Angeles CL is so hard to sell anything Playstation 3 related. For every game being sold theres about 20 ads trying to fix or mod a PS3. Itll get lost in there :/

Los Angeles CL is so hard to sell anything Playstation 3 related. For every game being sold theres about 20 ads trying to fix or mod a PS3. Itll get lost in there :/
If someone wants it, they will find it. I sold a lot on CL lately. Just give the right price that fits you.

Not only that, but how many times have you gotten a response to your ad only to find out that they're asking if you can deliver it to them somewhere like 30-40 miles into the Inland Empire? Or say they'll pick it up only to no show?

back from the CA fountain valley location. as of 11 30 am, they had basically every color and 5 last of us left. thanks again OP, got a blue DS3 and am now trying to selling last of us for $30 on craigslist.
Lol thats cool...I went there too...I think I saw a CAG (kept looking on his phone for deals? Haha) My receipt says I checked out at 12:31. Anyways I took the last gold one. I saw white, pink, blue, red and camo

fountain valley fry has ONE copy left of TLoU as of about 3:45pm

lot of  the "after work" crowd starting to shuffle in so i imagine it will be gone in the next 45 mins to an hour

great deal for this bundle  :beer:

Saw lots of gold and bought the second to last red left at Manhattan Beach. Lots of copies of the game, as well. (A dozen?) Almost went with the gold but seeing less red made me give in to peer pressure and buy that. Didn't see any blue, unfortunately.

Just remember to check in with the guy at the computers near the entrance. They have to print out the deal for you.

PS: See someone listing 5 copies of TLOU (with Frys price sticker) and 3 controllers on ebay. This is why we can't have nice things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw lots of gold and bought the second to last red left at Manhattan Beach. Lots of copies of the game, as well. (A dozen?) Almost went with the gold but seeing less red made me give in to peer pressure and buy that. Didn't see any blue, unfortunately.

Just remember to check in with the guy at the computers near the entrance. They have to print out the deal for you.

PS: See someone listing 5 copies of TLOU (with Frys price sticker) and 3 controllers on ebay. This is why we can't have nice things.
I agree with your last statement

Lol thats cool...I went there too...I think I saw a CAG (kept looking on his phone for deals? Haha) My receipt says I checked out at 12:31. Anyways I took the last gold one. I saw white, pink, blue, red and camo
wasnt me, i left at 11:45 :p

The Last of Us trade in value is $20 base at gamestop
I received $28 after PUR and 30% bonus
hm,very interesting. really tempted to just trade it in gamestop for that price then. not sure how long it'll take for people to reply to my craigslist ad.

I would be willing to buy the "The Last of Us" off of somebody that just wanted a cheap Dualshock 3 controller for $26.00 shipped via Paypal.

Sacramento Fry's still had at least 5 of "The Last of Us" on display and another 20 locked up in the cage.  They still had about 20 controllers as well: mostly gold and red, a few cammo, 1 white and 1 pink.

It helped to have the ad since as others mentioned they need the special bundle sku.

I'm about four hours away from the nearest Fry's but would love a cheap copy of TLoU. If anyone wants to work with me on that, please PM me. Thanks!

Weird question, but would Fry's let me buy the bundle even though I'm 17? I understand rated M games are 17+, but recently dealing with GameStops policy I apparently have to be 17 at a certain time even though I'm already 6 months past my birthday. Just wanted to see if anyone knew their age policy before driving an hour and being denied.

Weird question, but would Fry's let me buy the bundle even though I'm 17? I understand rated M games are 17+, but recently dealing with GameStops policy I apparently have to be 17 at a certain time even though I'm already 6 months past my birthday. Just wanted to see if anyone knew their age policy before driving an hour and being denied.
you met a "booky" gamestop employee.haha. never had a gamestop employee ask me for my age (from 20 years old to 23) gamestop employees (to what I know) only ask for your id if you look young. fry's doesnt care I think.

I already have The Last Of Us, but if I had a Fry's near me, I'd probably go for this for a nice blue Dualshock 3. I'd give The Last Of Us to my cousin or something. Too bad it's not online.

you met a "booky" gamestop employee.haha. never had a gamestop employee ask me for my age (from 20 years old to 23) gamestop employees (to what I know) only ask for your id if you look young. fry's doesnt care I think.
I mean I do look very young for my age so I guess that was a problem. I was just more mad I'm 17 that I had to apparently be 17 at a certain month to get the game even though it's been plenty months since my b-day. Thanks for the reply! I'll check out the store later today or something

This worked out well for me as one of the shoulder buttons on my DS3 was broken. They had a ton of black, but I decided to go wild and get a blue one. Now I've got an extra copy of Last of Us to get rid of though.

My local BB just price matched this amazing deal. The hell with Frys I rather give my money to best buy. I have Elite plus status until Feb 2015, and I'm almost at the $3500 threshold for 2014. Best buy is where it's at. ... can you guys tell I'm hyped?

My local BB just price matched this amazing deal. The hell with Frys I rather give my money to best buy. I have Elite plus status until Feb 2015, and I'm almost at the $3500 threshold for 2014. Best buy is where it's at. ... can you guys tell I'm hyped?
I got the speech about not being able to PM "bundles"... what did you do differently?

To be honest, I also got the speech. But Since I'm a regular there, from buying my fridge, Tv's, next-gen consoles at launch etc... They said they would honor it.

I`m surprised Sony hasn`t already released an official TLOU controller + game bundle

that's why when I price match I never go to a cashier I always go to customer service
Yep, cashiers can`t do the overrides anyways.

To be honest, I also got the speech. But Since I'm a regular there, from buying my fridge, Tv's, next-gen consoles at launch etc... They said they would honor it.
Loyalty really pays off

According to the law, you would have had to be at least 17 on the release date of the game in order to purchase it. So you will never be able to play it.

Obviously I'm just kidding, I have no idea what's up with that GameStop.

Just got back from the Duluth store in Ga. They had plenty of games and controllers, but only tons of pink, gold and camo ones left. Was thinking about the pink, but then I saw the last white controller and I knew I had to get it. The Gold seems a bit artificial imo, maybe that's why there were about 15 of those left. 

A lot of people on here like to give "the speech" and then when someone confirms that they can do it and is actually HELPFUL, then all the speech givers go quiet.

Back from the Frys down by Downers Grove, IL. They had about 40+ The Last of Us units that took up almost 2 shelves and about 12 PS3 controllers (I took the last gold one). Checking them out was a pain though. Took my cashier guy about 20 minutes because the gold PS3 SKU was having troubles coming up as eligible for the bundle and the guy had to call his manager and such.

Anyways, I just needed the controller so if anyone wants a new TLoU feel free to throw me a P.M on hold...

I'm looking for the last of us...... either mint or sealed from this deal. If you got a copy if don't want please PM or a trade, sell?

This makes no sense. If you're 17, you're 17. Any store that needs to see ID before a transaction can go through should have the youngest possible age a person can be to buy the item, and it is always that days date followed by whatever year makes it legal.

I'm born in 1990; I turned 17 on August 18, 2007. If, on that date, I went to gamestop to buy Gears of War or whatever M-rated game was out at the time, they would have to sell me it, because I was born on that date in 1990.

Whatever gamestop did to you that day, they were wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if the cashier just doesn't know how to do math and thought you were still 16.

PM me if looking to give/sell your unwanted copy of TLOU. Been looking for it to drop to my price point at retail but maybe we can work something out.

This makes no sense. If you're 17, you're 17. Any store that needs to see ID before a transaction can go through should have the youngest possible age a person can be to buy the item, and it is always that days date followed by whatever year makes it legal.

I'm born in 1990; I turned 17 on August 18, 2007. If, on that date, I went to gamestop to buy Gears of War or whatever M-rated game was out at the time, they would have to sell me it, because I was born on that date in 1990.

Whatever gamestop did to you that day, they were wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if the cashier just doesn't know how to do math and thought you were still 16.
This happened during the PS2 liquidation sale about a month back. What had happened during checkout was, she did actually have to put in the my birthday in a calculator to see if I was indeed 17 (I look very young for my age :/). Then proceed to tell me that I had to be 17 since last January and that because I turned 17 in July I could not get the game. This "policy" seemed wack to me and I just had a feeling that she thought it was a fake ID of some sort. I then told her that that policy made no sense and since the rating requires the purchaser to be 17 years and older, I should be able to check it out without an adult needing to hold my hand. I didn't want to argue since there were kids around so just left without hassle. Brought my pops with me about 3 hours later and she had told me she held the game for me since she assumed I'd be back. Damn straight I'd be back. Was the last one in stock within a 100 mile radius, lol. I haven't been to GameStop in a long time and this visit reminded me of I had been doing that.

Was this a Friday only deal? I logged into Frys.com but when I click on the bundle, the link opens up a page to nothing....

Picked up a white ds3 at the Palo Alto store. Campbell was sold out and so were a few other stores in the area.palo alto had like 3 blue and 1 white one left as of 2 pm or so.

bread's done
Back