Fry's Electronics - Palo Alto, California- Under $12 game deals

GunPanther

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I just came back this past week from a trip down to my local Fry's Electronics store in Palo Alto, California and picked some games which were all under $12 each. Nice price for quick gift ideas or games to fill out your collection with. Pretty fun and decent titles too.

Please keep in mind that these prices are YMMV, but are definitely confirmed for the Palo Alto, California Fry's Electronics B&M store. (Thanks for also pointing out that there are also two other Fry's B&M stores in the San Jose area, so these deals are only at the Palo Alto store for now.)

These prices are the actual in-store REGULAR sticker prices until further notice. In other words, they can be raised or lowered even further at the B&M store management's leisure.

Yes, I know.... a lot of older titles, but if you think about it, games for under $12 can't be all that bad, right? ;)

PS2 -

Siren $4.99

Crimson Tears $6.99

Lupin The 3rd: Treasure Of The Sorcerer King $7.99

Robin Hood: Defender Of The Crown $7.99

Maximo VS Army Of Zin $9.90

Pitfall: The Lost Expedition $6.50

Malice $4.90

Kya: Dark Lineage $5.71

Sub Rebellion $10.90

Eternal Ring $4.90

Starsky & Hutch $9.90

Front Mission 4 $9.99

GBA -

Max Payne $11.90 (damn fun game! pretty hard to find in this area, too)

Van Helsing $4.90

Gunstar Super Heroes $9.90

Tron 2.0: Killer App $4.90 (excellent game with tons of in-game extras/unlockables for an awesome price.)

Blades Of Thunder $6.90

XBox -

MechAssault (Platinum Hits) $9.90

Thief III $9.90

Timesplitters $11.90

GameCube -

Unfortunately, last I checked, the GameCube section was very small, with most games being $14 to $49.99.

There were some deals, but those games were part of a sale.

(Sale prices, which will end soon)

Tak & The Power Of JuJu $4.90

Space Raiders $9.90

Interesting Tidbits of Information :

For the longest time (about 3-4 months), this particular Fry's store had copies of Choro Q and Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior marked down to near clearance prices of $9.90 and $4.90 respectively. As of my recent trip down there on 5/9/07, both of these games are back up to $19.99 each. Perhaps the store's management does those types of markdowns periodically to hopefully keep the shelves cleared for newer products?

No GameCube games. Boo.

Also, Palo Alto isn't really the San Jose area. Considering there's two stores in San Jose and all.

[quote name='linkpwns']OMG! I really would buy Siren, Gunstar, and Theif... all good games![/QUOTE]

Gunstar Super Heroes can be found in Best Buy's front lane boxes around these parts for $9.99, IIRC. It may very well be in your BB's front lane area, too. I'd have certainly bought it but I already bought the game at full price when it was brand new. I love the game, and it's worth $10 to *anyone*.

[quote name='buster90']Can someone post the Fry's deals this week? How much does C&C 3 for Xbox 360 cost?[/quote]

I have the ad for Sacramento and it's $48.99. Also .hack/g.u. vol. 2 is listed for $34.99, Spider-Man 3 Wii $44.99, and Etrian Odyssey DS $24.99. That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Front Mission 4 is finally down to $10, so I picked up a bunch as gifts. Please, everyone buy as many copies as they can and maybe Square will take notice and translate Front Mission 5!

Since that will totally happen.

[quote name='Redeema']No GameCube games. Boo.

Also, Palo Alto isn't really the San Jose area. Considering there's two stores in San Jose and all.[/QUOTE]

You're right about that. Palo Alto is definitely close to the San Jose area, but it is not considered to be part of the San Jose region. More like the San Mateo region, IIRC.

As for the GameCube games, the section was very small to begin with and the library of games is certainly shrinking. By far, the PS2 section of games is the biggest, with a variety of games to choose from and as much as I hate to say it, even the GBA game section is larger then the GameCube section of the Fry's Palo Alto store.

This prices are good at Socal locations also. Also La Pucelle Tactics for PS2 is around $10.90 (didn't pick it up though).

Front Mission 4 is finally down to $10, so I picked up a bunch as gifts. Please, everyone buy as many copies as they can and maybe Square will take notice and translate Front Mission 5!

Since that will totally happen.

I really liked Front Mission 4 (the only FM game I've played) much more than say, NIS style strategy RPGs. I support this clarion call!

[quote name='metaly']Front Mission 4 is finally down to $10, so I picked up a bunch as gifts. Please, everyone buy as many copies as they can and maybe Square will take notice and translate Front Mission 5!

Since that will totally happen.[/QUOTE]
Another gamer lives in PV? wow.

Found a copy of Phantom Dust Xbox for $7.27 at the Roseville, CA store. They still had 3-4 copies left. Weird thing was another CAGer was there with me and bought a copy as well. His rang up at $7.01 and mine $8.98...but the tag read $7.27. :whistle2:?

bread's done
Back