Fry's God Of War II 39.99 free Ship !

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']I'm on the fence. Excellent deal though. Thanks OP[/quote]

Jump off, it can't be the game. It has to be your past dealings with Fry's? Sometimes they don't ship on time, or short ship leaving back ordered, but if that happens you can always cancel and buy it at B&M store. still this is the best deal your going to find on this game for quite some time.

Good deal, but I'd rather have the game the day it comes out, then deal with getting it two weeks late, or having to do the whole buy it at a B&M then return it when the Fry's copy comes blah blah. It's been my experience that Fry's is usually slow as shit.

It's a good deal for those that are patient, but this is probably the only game I'm getting in March so I need it the day it hits the shelves.

[quote name='tightclaws']Jump off, it can't be the game. It has to be your past dealings with Fry's? Sometimes they don't ship on time, or short ship leaving back ordered, but if that happens you can always cancel and buy it at B&M store. still this is the best deal your going to find on this game for quite some time.[/quote]

It is Fry's in fact. I refused to order from them after the whole 360 w/Dead Rising, Saint's Row, Racing game for $350ish bullshit. It wasn't that they didn't honor it, but they really didn't handle the situation correctly. They left the orders sitting around for about a week and then cancelled them, it was a bullshit bait and switch.

I can't see saving $10 for sacrificing my pride as worth it.

Isn't there going to be a deluxe edition with 2 discs?

I can almost guarantee GOW2 will be available at Best BUy or Circuit City for $39 on release day.
If this deal was for $29, it may be noteworthy, $39? no big deal.

You could always apply for an amazon.com credit card to get $30 off first purchase; that is what I did and preordered the game. Only downside is that it will take an extra week to arrive after the release date.

[quote name='Zimmy']Isn't there going to be a deluxe edition with 2 discs?[/QUOTE]

Isn't the normal version the 2disc?

With sales tax being like 7.5% in my area, buying this at $40 with free shipping and NO SALES TAX will definitely save me some $; and, with some many other great games to play, I don't care if Fry's drags their feet on getting it to me. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Zimmy']Isn't there going to be a deluxe edition with 2 discs?

I can almost guarantee GOW2 will be available at Best BUy or Circuit City for $39 on release day.
If this deal was for $29, it may be noteworthy, $39? no big deal.[/quote]

Not a chance on the Best Buy deal, ever since they gave the deal on Vice City and got burned lost future allocations of Rockstar games they never ever have sales on new release high profile games. CC ? yeah good luck the one store thats left open gets one copy. Plus this is one of the few games with a 49.99 sticker so 39.99 with free shipping at Fry's happenes to be a very good deal as opposed to buying at B&M 49.99 + tax around 55$ Fry's free shipping 39.99 + 2.50.tax = 42.49 =good deal. If you get in on Fry's deals early you will get shipped day of releaseb also. For me it works well on the free ground it comes from OH I'm in IL DHL ground = 2 for me. I just got MLB 2k7 deal too bad that was not free shipping still saved 10$.

[quote name='tightclaws']Not a chance on the Best Buy deal, ever since they gave the deal on Vice City and got burned lost future allocations of Rockstar games they never ever have sales on new release high profile games. CC ? yeah good luck the one store thats left open gets one copy. Plus this is one of the few games with a 49.99 sticker so 39.99 with free shipping at Fry's happenes to be a very good deal as opposed to buying at B&M 49.99 + tax around 55$ Fry's free shipping 39.99 + 2.50.tax = 42.49 =good deal. If you get in on Fry's deals early you will get shipped day of releaseb also. For me it works well on the free ground it comes from OH I'm in IL DHL ground = 2 for me. I just got MLB 2k7 deal too bad that was not free shipping still saved 10$.[/quote]

Do you work for Fry's or something?

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']Do you work for Fry's or something?[/quote]

Nope just trying to shout out a good deal, Fry's can be great, Fry's can suck. I don't see a better deal for this game coming up anywhere though anytime soon with the free shipping it makes it worth it.Otherwise itts too expensive Fry's shipping costs a lot DHL and all. Shipping has killed many a Fry's deal for me with ground starting at $6 and up.

Very nice, $39.99, no tax, and free shipping. I loved the first game and couldn't resist the second.

OGHowie, the cover for the game does say it is a two disc set. I haven't read that anywhere though... other than the cover.

[quote name='kmartbum001']You could always apply for an amazon.com credit card to get $30 off first purchase; that is what I did and preordered the game. Only downside is that it will take an extra week to arrive after the release date.[/quote]
This is only good if you are looking for a new credit card. Applying for credit cards to get the gift is only going to ding your credit and stick you with a whole bunch of credit cards you don't need.

this game should be well worth the money. according to the gametrailers.com video review, GoW 2 is about twice as long as the original and it has other features such as unlocking costumes and ect to lengthen it -- not to mention the abundance of bosses and brain smasher puzzles ;D

Just Bought, Couldnt Help my self, as this will be one of the last ps2 games i buy, now if i could just find a cheap disgaea 2, i would be done with ps2 just about.

I still got Odin Sphere to get for ps2 in the future (possibly my last ps2 title). I'm still waiting on Okami and Valkyrie Profile Silmeria to drop in price ^_^. I think i'll pass up on God of War II until it goes into the greatest hits pricing (it's a First party title, so it's going to easily go 19.99 in the future unlike third party titles and RPGs)

[quote name='Alucard400']I still got Odin Sphere to get for ps2 in the future (possibly my last ps2 title). I'm still waiting on Okami and Valkyrie Profile Silmeria to drop in price ^_^. I think i'll pass up on God of War II until it goes into the greatest hits pricing (it's a First party title, so it's going to easily go 19.99 in the future unlike third party titles and RPGs)[/QUOTE]

Do Okami justice (...and Clover Studios, may they R.I.P.) and pay full price for it--I clocked in 70 hours to beat it, and I still missed tons of stuff. IMHO, much better game than Twilight Princess.

[quote name='RatATatTatt']I was going to jump on this, but I can't find any indication that this includes the bonus DVD.[/quote]

There's only one version of the game being released.

Thank you! got in on this one. Something psychological about paying full price, $10 off and I'm there for such a great game.

Fry's B&M *usually* has sales on new console games by just a few bucks. GoW2 might be around $35 when they get it in. Plus tax will bring it to just under $40 w/ instant gratification lol

Well, the ad for Circuit City came out and no special deal on GOW2 (except for the game guide for $10).
Still waiting for BB's ad.
BTW, I never heard the story of Best Buy and the Vice City deal, any details on that?
I do remember the deal very well. It actually caused shockwave through the B&M industry.
I think E&B changed their "price matching" policy after that to no price matching at all.

[quote name='Zimmy']Well, the ad for Circuit City came out and no special deal on GOW2 (except for the game guide for $10).
Still waiting for BB's ad.
BTW, I never heard the story of Best Buy and the Vice City deal, any details on that?
I do remember the deal very well. It actually caused shockwave through the B&M industry.
I think E&B changed their "price matching" policy after that to no price matching at all.[/quote]

Yes Best Buy had it for 39.99 the week it came out on the day it came and Rockstar had threatened them, that if they did that they would no longer be top priorty on the ship list and would in fact be moved to last place. well BB went ahead and did it anyway. But it cost them any more large shipments of GTA games or other top Rockstar games What other top games? LOL. But anyway ever since then BB never and I mean never has new release games at anything but full retail. Try watching them a few months. Anything brand new is full retail for at least a month. I dougt it in ended up hurting BB too much but it must have had some effect because things are as they are now, and before this incident BB always had new releases for 10 dollars less at release.

PS i never buy anything at Best Buy I hate them and there awful customer service. The only time I will buy there is when its cheaper than anyhere else by a good margin, even then I lothe them.

Now that the PS3 is out and I have one, I just can't justify paying $40 or $50 for a PS2 game (unless its made by Atlus, SNK Playmore or Agetec where you have no choice since there will usually be a limited run). The truth is, though, there aren't too many PS3 games right now that deserve more than $30, either. Oh well, I'm saving my $40 for Metal Slug Anthology and then $50 for Odin Sphere. All other awesome games like God of War II or Okami will have to wait until they drop to $25, at least. I guess I'm a true cheapass.

[quote name='mxpowar']Now that the PS3 is out and I have one, I just can't justify paying $40 or $50 for a PS2 game (unless its made by Atlus, SNK Playmore or Agetec where you have no choice since there will usually be a limited run). The truth is, though, there aren't too many PS3 games right now that deserve more than $30, either. Oh well, I'm saving my $40 for Metal Slug Anthology and then $50 for Odin Sphere. All other awesome games like God of War II or Okami will have to wait until they drop to $25, at least. I guess I'm a true cheapass.[/QUOTE]
Wow dude. If there's one PS2 game that needs to be bought right away, it's God of War 2. Going to be one of the best games of the entire generation.

How easy is it to cancel preorders from Frys.com? I really want this, but I would rather buy it from BB if the price is good.

just curious, on the day of new relases , best buy usually has the game on sale on that tuesday in the afternoon, and circuit city , eb, etc usually have the game on wednesday right?

i want to pick this game up asap, and wasnt sure which would be morel likely to have it on tuesday

[quote name='CHOW CHOW']Wow dude. If there's one PS2 game that needs to be bought right away, it's God of War 2. Going to be one of the best games of the entire generation.[/QUOTE]

Yea I know, it's crazy to buy a probably mediocre game at $50 and pass on a AAA game at the same price because "one might be rare".

I can guarantee God of War 2 will be hotter than whatever the fuck Odin Sphere is.

[quote name='mxpowar']Now that the PS3 is out and I have one, I just can't justify paying $40 or $50 for a PS2 game (unless its made by Atlus, SNK Playmore or Agetec where you have no choice since there will usually be a limited run). The truth is, though, there aren't too many PS3 games right now that deserve more than $30, either. Oh well, I'm saving my $40 for Metal Slug Anthology and then $50 for Odin Sphere. All other awesome games like God of War II or Okami will have to wait until they drop to $25, at least. I guess I'm a true cheapass.[/quote]

Who cares what system a game is made for...a good game is a good game. Your logic makes no sense.

I'm going to hold off ordering this one from Fry's online...I pre-ordered Sonic for the Wii and JUST received it Friday. Fry's is not the quickest to get the games to you, even if their prices are a little better.

[quote name='tightclaws']Yes Best Buy had it for 39.99 the week it came out on the day it came and Rockstar had threatened them, that if they did that they would no longer be top priorty on the ship list and would in fact be moved to last place. well BB went ahead and did it anyway. But it cost them any more large shipments of GTA games or other top Rockstar games What other top games? LOL. But anyway ever since then BB never and I mean never has new release games at anything but full retail. Try watching them a few months. Anything brand new is full retail for at least a month. I dougt it in ended up hurting BB too much but it must have had some effect because things are as they are now, and before this incident BB always had new releases for 10 dollars less at release.

PS i never buy anything at Best Buy I hate them and there awful customer service. The only time I will buy there is when its cheaper than anyhere else by a good margin, even then I lothe them.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about that.
I've bought every GTA game (except for the Stories) from Best Buy and I thought San Andreas was on sale the week it came out.
I also remember Best Buy having plenty of copies of it so that reasoning doesn't make sense.
It is more likely to sell at retail the week it comes out because they know everyone wil buy it anyway.
Now, the other standby, CompUSA, seem to have lost interest in video game sales .

[quote name='Zimmy']I'm not sure about that.
I've bought every GTA game (except for the Stories) from Best Buy and I thought San Andreas was on sale the week it came out.
I also remember Best Buy having plenty of copies of it so that reasoning doesn't make sense.
It is more likely to sell at retail the week it comes out because they know everyone wil buy it anyway.
Now, the other standby, CompUSA, seem to have lost interest in video game sales .[/quote]

Simply put your wrong,they had plenty but you seem not to know is they have backdoor ways of getting whatever they need, they don't have to get it from direct distribution. And no San Andres was not on sale niether is any new release at Best Buy. Comp Usa is basically done, they closed every store in the Chicago area over the next 90 days. Go ahead and wait for Best Buy we will all be enjoying our discounted game while you wait. I hate Worst buy. Also even if they were last in Q from Rockstar it really only means they won't get there full shipment on release day. Which means little to a Best Buy as the employees are all slow to stock the shelfs and even days later you have to beg them to get new releases from the back room.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea I know, it's crazy to buy a probably mediocre game at $50 and pass on a AAA game at the same price because "one might be rare".

I can guarantee God of War 2 will be hotter than whatever the fuck Odin Sphere is.[/QUOTE]
I used to think just like you did right about when the Shin Megami Tensei games came out for the PS2. Now, years later, I can buy God of War anywhere for $20 or less but it will cost me like ~$70 to buy Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, and probably used, too. My point is, COST is the biggest factor when it comes to WHEN I buy games. And I don't mind waiting since I have a huge backlog of games, anyway.

Who cares what system a game is made for...a good game is a good game. Your logic makes no sense.

My logic is that you pay high prices for games that are either rare or games that use high technology like PS3, 360 or Wii. Would you pay the same amount of money for a VHS tape or even a DVD as you would for a HDDVD or Blu-Ray movie? I wouldn't. That's one of the reasons that the UMD movies on the PSP didn't do well. They were the same price or more than DVDs. What I'm saying is that the PS2 is "last-gen" and the prices for the games should reflect that.

[quote name='tightclaws']Simply put your wrong,they had plenty but you seem not to know is they have backdoor ways of getting whatever they need, they don't have to get it from direct distribution. And no San Andres was not on sale niether is any new release at Best Buy. Comp Usa is basically done, they closed every store in the Chicago area over the next 90 days. Go ahead and wait for Best Buy we will all be enjoying our discounted game while you wait. I hate Worst buy. Also even if they were last in Q from Rockstar it really only means they won't get there full shipment on release day. Which means little to a Best Buy as the employees are all slow to stock the shelfs and even days later you have to beg them to get new releases from the back room.[/QUOTE]

I'm not disagreeing with the result. You are probably correct about how they stopped having sales on new release games, I haven't really researched it.
I just don't buy the explanation. Rockstar is a pebble on the beach to Best Buy. They may have changed the policy but I doubt Rockstar had anything to do with.

Thanks for the heads up OP!!
I can wait a little longer if it means saving $13

All major B&Ms are full price around here. so this is the best deal for it

JEFF

[quote name='imascrub']Fry's B&M *usually* has sales on new console games by just a few bucks. GoW2 might be around $35 when they get it in. Plus tax will bring it to just under $40 w/ instant gratification lol[/QUOTE]

Care to wager on this one? The "deals" that Fry's has had lately there is almost no chance this will be under 39.99 before tax. And I'm betting they will have it full price on release day and then mark it down later in the week.

Thanks OP. With school, work and Crackdown, I can wait a week or two for this to arrive. Great deal with very little fuss. Always happy to shop at Fry's.

Just jumped on it, no rush to get it as by the time i do get it, I'll be done with the first hehe (yea, i'm behind on a few games :whistle2:# )

Ordered last Friday (3/2) and just got this message:

"Thank you for your order. We apologize but the item(s) you
ordered are currently out of stock and we are unable to provide
a definite ship date at this time. However, we continually
receive new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill
your order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible...."

Not entirely sure what this means since it is not even out yet, but if any of you are expecting it when it releases, beware that you may have to wait for it if you order from here (as some other posters have mentioned).

The email does say you can cancel for a refund anytime before it ships.

Ugh, I'm on the fence. I LOVED the first GOW (Which I loaned to my neighbor and he never returned, THIEF!!). Only problem is my PS2 is fagging out so I need to buy a slim and I still need to buy a DS Lite as I sold my fat boy. I may have to wait on this, but I'll decide when I get out of work in a couple of hours....

bread's done
Back