Fry's PSP import reductions

terutt

CAGiversary!
At least at the Houston Fry's...a lot of the imports (japanese and european) down to $20.

Various titles...umm...that Ultraman fighting game, Ultimate muscle, Kazook, and.....Salamander!....which is an awesome game.

There were others, but these were the only ones I was really interested in. Might be worth a look if you have a Fry's

Which Houston store? Greenspoint, Webster or the one on the southside off 59?

Ill be heading to the Greenspoint one on Tuesday.

[quote name='fairtrade']What about Initial D Street Stage and Ridge Racers 2?[/quote]

Ridge Racers 2 is down to $29.99. Initial D was sold out (Sacramento, CA Fry's).

Also, Taiko no Tatsujin Portable 1 and 2 are both down to $39.99.

Regional deal? Anyone confirm if the Cal or Nev stores are doing the same? I'm guessing YMMV on this one...maybe this needs to move to regional...

[quote name='gunm']Regional deal? Anyone confirm if the Cal or Nev stores are doing the same? I'm guessing YMMV on this one...maybe this needs to move to regional...[/QUOTE]Dunno if it's universal, but Salamander and Twinbee were marked as $19.99 at the Burbank, CA Fry's.

Salamander was sold out though, and Twinbee had one copy left. :cry:

(On another note: Parodius Collection is STILL $39.99 :bomb: )

[quote name='B:L']Dunno if it's universal, but Salamander and Twinbee were marked as $19.99 at the Burbank, CA Fry's.

Salamander was sold out though, and Twinbee had one copy left. :cry:

(On another note: Parodius Collection is STILL $39.99 :bomb: )[/QUOTE]whaaaaaaat?!?!?! Twinbee too??

so is Burbank a no go?!?!

gotta hit up Woodland Hillz then...

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Man...I'd pay $20 dollars for Salamander :( Too bad there isn't a frys anywhere near me. If anyone can pick it up, I'll pay shipping and such.[/QUOTE]

No freaking doubt. You west coast folk have all the luck with the import stuff. Salamander's *so* tempting, and at $20, it'd be a no-brainer.

I also picked up Gitaroo Man Live! ($14.99, the US version was $29.99) and Winning Eleven 9 Ubiquitous Evolution with English instructions and player book ($9.99).

I can confirm in Orange County.

Picked up Kazook for 19.99 and and Fired Up for 9.99.

They did not have Salamander. They did have Twinbee marked as Salamander, but it said 39.99 and after I figured out it wasn't Salamander, I didn't price check it. Guess I should have :roll:

They also had Ultraman, Ultimate Muscle, Winning Eleven, one of the import Bomberman games, and some other stuff.

They did not have Gitaroo Man.

Bleach DS was still 49.99, and so was Breath of Fire PSP.

Ah shit, even if I get my bro-in-law to go look for me now, I'm sure there won't be any Twinbee or Salamander left in So Cal. Should've did the 20% PA sale in anticipation of the PSP Slim... :(

[quote name='hbkhbk']This might be dumb question, but is Salamander the same as Gradius Collection for the PSP?[/quote]

No it's made by the same people though. Gradius collection contains Gradius 1-5. You may be thinking of the Japanese only Gradius Deluxe Pack for the PSX that had Salamander 1&2.

[quote name='Tom Ato']No it's made by the same people though. Gradius collection contains Gradius 1-5. You may be thinking of the Japanese only Gradius Deluxe Pack for the PSX that had Salamander 1&2.[/QUOTE]

If you check out the mobile tech review site, they have pretty in-depth reviews of Salamander and Twinbee.

I can't remember if Salamander or Twinbee have an English text option or not. My guess is that they don't.

What are the chances that a boorish American clod with no understanding of the Japanese language (such as myself) would be able to play and enjoy these games?

What complicated text do you expect to find in an arcade shooter complication, siderealshift?

But to answer your question, I own Gradius Portable import and it's easy to figure out, mostly English.

Actually snuck back to the Greenspoint fry's during lunch today to pick up Twinbee (after reading reviews)...luckily they had some copies left.

But Salamander was all wiped out...figure some CAG's have gone down and had a go...so if you are thinking of trying to pick some up wherever you live, better act fast...

bread's done
Back