Fry's (Start 8/12): 3DS for $169 + Free $30 gift card + $5 savings on Game Travelers

yuyak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
tpc.php

Saw this on FW, didn't see it here. Credit goes to Butcherboy.

Nintendo 3DS $169 + Free $30 Gift Card + $5 Savings On Game Travelers W/P @ Frys ( Start 8/12 ). Free $30 Fry's gift card available in stores only.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/frys-...e-starting-friday-august-12th/175621859176690

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Fry's to price match my Walmart so I got it for $180.19 (Including tax) today. Although I previously mentioned in another thread that I was going to pass on buying the 3DS, I saw this thread so I'm gonna try and get them to give me the $30 gift card. If it all works out, I'll get a 3DS, 20 games, and a $30 gift card. :)

Best deal so far, but it'll go lower. Wonder if there's any delay on the gift card?

Frankly, if Fry's can go $169.99 with $30 gift card, they can go $139.99. Gonna use that $30 on a game there anyway, right? Of course, they want to make sure you don't spend that $30 elsewhere.

Closest so far is TRU, at $169.99 and adding in a free $19.99 game. Not much of a selection, but better than nothing.

Yeah, it's finally at a price where I'm TEMPTED, but given how little I play my DS lite, it's hard for me to justify getting this. Maybe once it gets to about $100ish.

If they have a deal like this once paper mario comes I'll get it..till then there's nothing I'm dying to play.

This is awesome news! I decided to bite the bullet and bought the 3DS at Best Buy just hours before the cut off for the 20 free games. Now I will try to price match Fry's ad at Best Buy. Since Best Buy subtracts giftcards from the price, I am looking at $139.99 + tax for the 3DS.
I have priced matched at best buy before by pulling up ads from my phone but is that normal policy? I want to be sure so I don't go and waste an hour at Best Buy.

Thanks!

Wow! Stores must be dying to get rid of some stock! I bought my 3DS from BB back on 7/30 to make sure I could get into the Ambassador Program and was planning on PMing today. If I can get them to PM this ad that would be even better. Haven't had a problem before with my local BB, let's hope I can get this done smoothly as well. I printed the ad off of the computer, but think I will go and just buy today's newspaper just to be safe.

[quote name='mkm1998']If I can get them to PM this ad that would be even better. Haven't had a problem before with my local BB, let's hope I can get this done smoothly as well. [/QUOTE]

I wish you luck.

For me, it didn't work. They said they don't price match gift cards. I hope best buy does a promotion for games in the next few weeks, so I can that price adjusted or snag a free game.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Still to expensive. No games to play on this thing.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And I am kind of surprised that we see a gift card offer on the FIRST DAY of the pricecut on the system! If its happening now, there's no where to go but down as far as price goes. I can see major deals on Black Friday this year too.

Still, not worth it to me, as the 3D feature just doesn't do anything for me, and thats the main selling point of the system.

This is still way too expensive for such an under powered handheld with 0 games. Hopefully by the time some games finally come out for the 3DS it will be $99.99.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Agreed. And I am kind of surprised that we see a gift card offer on the FIRST DAY of the pricecut on the system! If its happening now, there's no where to go but down as far as price goes. I can see major deals on Black Friday this year too.

Still, not worth it to me, as the 3D feature just doesn't do anything for me, and thats the main selling point of the system.[/QUOTE]

Well from the marketing stand point. Today is the first day that the $169.99 price tag goes into effect, so a promotion like this gift card one makes sense. If there is a crowd that is anticipating the price drop to pick up a unit, then you sure as hell want to entice them to come to you to buy instead of the competition. That $30 gift card on day 1 drop is to drive customers on the fence to Frys instead of competition :)

This is a smart marketing strategy to steal competition's sales rather than a sale to move inventory.

tempting.....i am currently on vacation in WA (im from FL, theres no frys there) so itll be my first time at frys if i go get this 3ds. can we use the frys gift card on amazon kindle cards?

[quote name='david12795']tempting.....i am currently on vacation in WA (im from FL, theres no frys there) so itll be my first time at frys if i go get this 3ds. can we use the frys gift card on amazon kindle cards?[/QUOTE]

Fry's doesn't sell kindle, so no giftcard. However if this is your first time at fry's you will easily spent the $30

[quote name='62t']Fry's doesn't sell kindle, so no giftcard. However if this is your first time at fry's you will easily spent the $30[/QUOTE]

So is frys like better than best buy?

[quote name='david12795']So is frys like better than best buy?[/QUOTE]

If all you've ever had was Best Buy... then hell yes!

I have a few Best Buys in my area and Fry's and Micro Center. I haven't set foot into a Best Buy in at least 3 years.

bread's done
Back