FS: 1 4000 pts XBOX LIVE (USA) code

madcyantist

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
I have an extra code I got in the mail today from ebay for $45 that a friend did not end up wanting. I will sell for $43.25 via paypal or $41 VIA cash or check. You must be paypal verified and have some respect amongst the CAG forum members. I can link you to my ebay page to show you that I am trustworthy and 100% feedback with over 100 reviews. ;)

OK. Well, I'm out $44.

I had bought 3 4000 point cards on ebay (http://i30.tinypic.com/2dj1gg7.jpg). Checked them all on my xbox because xbox.com will instantly redeem codes. All were valid. Freaky PMd me, asked for one. Sent him (1) code and now the code is not redeemable and he claims it never worked. What an unfortunate first attempt at a CAG sale. Live and learn I guess..

This guy is a scammer. First he gets all mad about me wanting to send the money after the code (he has no feedback) Then he sends me a code that has already been used hoping that I would use it after sending paypal.

Stay away from this guy!

Then! he asks for my account info so he can "check my points"

Right. Just because you have some feedback all ready here doesn't entitle you to the truth buddy. My story is legit and can provide proof of purchase for all the codes. I have shown you my ebay page with over 100 feedback and have no reason to scam some kid like you for a measly 45 effing dollars. That is nothing and I asked for your XBOX Live account to CHECK the NUMBER of points you have on your account.

Everyone, although I have not traded here before, beware of this guy. He stole a $45 code from me (since I felt obliged to follow the CAG rules) and now he can't stop continually referring to me as a scammer. What's wrong with having to have him provide evidence?

just contact a mod if you feel you have been scammed, no need to argue in a public thread, there is a easier solution. (not telling you guys what to do, just seems the more logical solution)

I will. Also, the seller I purchased the codes from has a Microsoft contact who will investigate this code to see what happened to it. So, we'll know who is telling the truth soon enough!

"Which one is giving you a problem? I checked them all before I sent them so they should be good, but let me know the one giving you problems and I will investigate or call my Microsoft contact and have them investigate it for you. Also, if you get it working, let me know."

That is from the seller.

*sighs* Since the buyer didn't pay anything why does he care If the card works or not. Also the OP said he tested them before he sold them which I believe he did. The op had nothing to gain from ripping someone off,but the buyer does.

Yeah, contacting a mod would be the best route.

How 'bout a screenshot of your Xbox Live Marketplace Purchase history, Freaky? I'm not implying that you're a scammer, but it would show the amount of points you have as well as dates of purchases.

[quote name='madcyantist']I will. Also, the seller I purchased the codes from has a Microsoft contact who will investigate this code to see what happened to it. So, we'll know who is telling the truth soon enough!

"Which one is giving you a problem? I checked them all before I sent them so they should be good, but let me know the one giving you problems and I will investigate or call my Microsoft contact and have them investigate it for you. Also, if you get it working, let me know."

That is from the seller.[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you could contact Microsoft yourself and they can find out who used the code by looking at where the code was redeemed. This is to catch thieves that steal activated codes.

[quote name='Msantos91']Yeah, contacting a mod would be the best route.

How 'bout a screenshot of your Xbox Live Marketplace Purchase history, Freaky? I'm not implying that you're a scammer, but it would show the amount of points you have as well as dates of purchases.[/QUOTE] i just tryed that and all it shows are games that i bought with points. not any point adds

[quote name='Msantos91']Yeah, contacting a mod would be the best route.

How 'bout a screenshot of your Xbox Live Marketplace Purchase history, Freaky? I'm not implying that you're a scammer, but it would show the amount of points you have as well as dates of purchases.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that. He should back up what he is saying. I bet he will say he don't have a camera. :lol:

[quote name='Sdawg']Freaky- Go to account management on MS site and it will show your redeem history for all codes
edit: link: billing.microsoft.com[/QUOTE]

Nice link, man! It even shows the first 5 digits of the code that was redeemed!

[quote name='madcyantist']Nice link, man! It even shows the first 5 digits of the code that was redeemed![/QUOTE]

He could do that, and take a screenshot of it.

[quote name='madcyantist']Nice link, man! It even shows the first 5 digits of the code that was redeemed![/QUOTE]

No problem, I've got a trade going on right now with this guy (only a CC King Pack for some pepsi caps, so not as big of a deal as your's) so I'm just trying to help everybody get to the bottom of this.

67307f4347913212db947103a5f0271c

Freaky clearly scammed the dude here. His post in the thread saying the dude won't send first for validity clearly shows that a code was sent, and a code was used by someone. It makes no sense for the OP to send a bum code. Peace out, freaky.

[quote name='madcyantist']Right. Just because you have some feedback all ready here doesn't entitle you to the truth buddy. My story is legit and can provide proof of purchase for all the codes. I have shown you my ebay page with over 100 feedback and have no reason to scam some kid like you for a measly 45 effing dollars. That is nothing and I asked for your XBOX Live account to CHECK the NUMBER of points you have on your account.

Everyone, although I have not traded here before, beware of this guy. He stole a $45 code from me (since I felt obliged to follow the CAG rules) and now he can't stop continually referring to me as a scammer. What's wrong with having to have him provide evidence?[/QUOTE]

WHY would you ask for someone's Xbox Live account? I would never give that information out, to anyone, EVER.

Also...How do you check a code without actually redeeming it?

He probably asked for his Live account because he doesn't know another way to check, which is fine.

You can only check a code without actually redeeming it on your XBox. You cannot under any circumstances enter it on xbox.com or microsoft.com without it auto-redeeming if it is legitimate.

[quote name='Sdawg']To check a code w/o redeeming it all you do is enter it on your console and you will get a popup that says "You are redeeming a code for ..." and you press A to redeem it or if your just checking, B to go back to the guide.

Edit: beaten[/QUOTE]

LIKE A GINGER FOSTER CHILD~! :p

To check a code w/o redeeming it all you do is enter it on your console and you will get a popup that says "You are redeeming a code for ..." and you press A to redeem it or if your just checking, B to go back to the guide.

Edit: beaten

[quote name='crushtopher']WHY would you ask for someone's Xbox Live account? I would never give that information out, to anyone, EVER.

Also...How do you check a code without actually redeeming it?[/QUOTE]

You can on the console just don't hit redeem. Far as the site goes I don't think you can check one that way.

You can actually check codes for validity without redeeming them? Am I clueless or has this always been available?

Wow... I always assumed when you got to that screen it meant "code's used now"

[quote name='madcyantist']He has sent me the money. Good god. lol[/QUOTE]

Sorry man, most people aren't cocksucking scammers around here, but you will find a few here and there. At least he sent you the money. Some people get scammed and don't get paid at all. Save this topic and this guy will get blacklisted for dicking you around.

[quote name='jman619']wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He tried to rip you off which failed. Then he beats around then pays you. I'm at a lost for words, and shocked he paid.[/QUOTE]

I did catch his profile saying his status was looking at some old scammer threads. Maybe he found out that we will hunt people down and bring in the authorities when it comes to scamming.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']will this guy still be banned?:pray:[/QUOTE]

I don't know, but I'd hope people would list him as a person who you'd want to avoid. Deals on here should be simple. It would be advisable for people to not deal with him even if he doesn't get banned. He's an immature prick if he's not a scammer.

He either fits the role of a scammer or an immature prick, would you want to deal with either of the two?

[quote name='Sdawg']I did catch his profile saying his status was looking at some old scammer threads. Maybe he found out that we will hunt people down and bring in the authorities when it comes to scamming.[/QUOTE]

My guess is he was going to scam the guy to start with, and got scared then ended up paying him.

Oh eh, then I won't be looking forward to trade with FreakyCheese. XD

I'm not to bash anyone but I'd think he's a douchebag if he tried to do that to me. =P

bread's done
Back