FS/FT:Xbox 360 DLC, game posters, game guides, Gamestop swag, promotional box art displays, game cases, ask for pics, digital movie codes, weekly ups

Well this past week wasn't very kind to me it seems since they been getting in holiday stuff to set up at some point.  So a lot of the promo stuff has to stay unless it's damaged, and in that case there hasn't been many mishaps at the store for that stuff.  I did get a few things however.  Second post has the following added:

3 month xbl gold card.  Tested and good.....Don't exactly know how I got that in my grab bag of stuff, but I'll take it lol.

instruction manuals for:  Fight Night round 3, Need for Speed Most Wanted

Replacement cases:  1 for wii and 1 for xbox 360 in grey.  Note getting cases is a tedious thing since they usually throw out the most damaged cases, unless a game with a perfect case slips under a certain cent category in their system and it gets trashed as is, or thrown into my grab bag that gets set aside.  I wont list cases til I at least have 10 or more of a specific systems cases, but everyone is welcome to ask what I have currently, which honestly isnt a lot at the moment unless you only want a single blank case.

Edit:  I put up the game cases so as to reduce potential PM traffic.  Number of cases and conditions of each posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
bump

Found out what the deal is with the 3 month xbl gold card being in my grab bag when I picked up what was set aside for me the other day.  Apparantly they had a customer want to buy such a card, and the card was problematic with activating from their end.  So another was bought instead, and my friend threw the problem card in my grab bag after reporting it with microsoft, and being told to dispose of it by trashing it since mailing it back would cost more time and money than necessary to do so.  Microsoft can't exactly do anything with cards that won't seemingly activate, and as such reimburse retailers appropriately when they have issues like that reported to them.  So from what I understand, and was told by my friend was that he threw it in the grab bag of stuff he sets aside for me, and if it worked I had 3 months xbl gold free on him.  So despite the problem they had with it, it seems the card activated after a few tries, but their system was spitting out the error that it wasn't activated.

This applies to basically all cards used for digital services, so I may end up getting more despite not asking for them, cause even I don't want to deal with having cards that may or may not work.  Though if this trend of cards working after the fact continues to be good then I'll take them.

Please note that nothing I do is illegal.  What I get is what I get, and my friend being a manager at my local store follows all store policies regarding certain things that are destined for the trash.  Being friends with him is a perk for me.  It can be for anyone who visits their store often enough where staff seems friendly enough.

bump

xbl 3 month code was a dud.  No more code cards will be offered up, as they can be good to redeem, but not activated.  Gonna ask my friend who manages the game stop in my area not to give me anymore code cards.

Bump.

Sizeable update coming later.

Preview: game guides, some collectibles, more replacement cases, posters, game cases complete with manual, artwork, and official case.

bread's done
Back