FS: Halo 3 Legendary Edition HELMET ONLY $35 SHIPPED

djbacklash

CAG Veteran
I'm selling these for a friend who bought these on Amazon the other week for $60. He bought a bunch to resell but I guess is having trouble moving them. Just PM me if interested. Thanks!

------

UPDATE:

$5 Price drop on the HELMET ONLY. We're no longer selling the full complete sets online (local only). Thanks!

Halo 3 HELMET ONLY ... $35 SHIPPED (via UPS Ground)

SOLD (out of 20 complete sets): 17

This is actually a good deal for people who missed out, but it's a similar deal to what can be found on eBay right now. It was painstakingly obvious the market would collapse after Amazon's sale. Any idiot who bought these to resell should give up and cry about it :)

What makes it more hilarious is how stupid most people are when trying to cash in on these "deals."

They forget to calculate eBay (or wherever they sell) fees, PayPal or credit card fees, gas money to take the package, time and shipping costs. Most people underestimate their profits and overestimate their costs. It's almost like the seller is paying the buyer to take the item. Enjoy!

Well if you want to pay by check or mo, then there wouldn't be a PayPal fee. I don't care either way. He used MY Amazon Prime membership for the free shipping so he didn't realize he'd have to shell out $12-15 for return shipping (for each) if he decided not to sell them. Makes no difference to me since he's already paid me back for ordering them for him. Just thought I'd post this here for anyone who might've missed out on the deal and actually wanted one.

[quote name='Wlogan31']$18 shipping/handling/paypal...nice :)[/quote]

Shipping + insurance via UPS Ground or USPS Parcel Post is $15. If you don't feel like paying for shipping, then feel free to come pick it up in Houston for $60 even.

I'm pretty sure that Amazon has a pretty good return policy. I'm not sure if it's free return shipping but if it is ... you might actually save money just sending it back to them. Not the greatest option but perhaps the cheapest.

Edit: I checked with Amazon and you CAN return them for a full refund but they will deduct the cost of shipping from your refund...so like others said either sell on craigslist locally, take a loss on eBay or perhaps just gift it to someone for Christmas :) Must be someone who doesn't have Halo 3 yet ^_^

Third Option: Remove the game from the box, turn it into Gamestop with 4 other games during their trade 5 get extra 30% credit and then just eBay the helmet alone.... should be about close to even.

Fourth Option: Join Goozex and trade in the game for 1000 points ($50 credit equivalent). Seems like a good idea to me.

Good luck! I've been in your shoes before ^_^

I am assuming you send first correct? I mean with zero feedback, I am sure you would have no problems sending to someone with good feedback that has established their self with the site. I am interested if you are shipping first...

Silent Assassin120:
Well I have 2000+ positive feedbacks on eBay (100%) so you wouldn't have anything to worry about. If you're interested, I can PM you my user id (half of my listings right now are actually games I'm selling for my friend for the holidays).

Inf^Shini:
Yes I can take a postal money order.

[quote name='goomba478']I'm pretty sure that Amazon has a pretty good return policy. I'm not sure if it's free return shipping but if it is ... you might actually save money just sending it back to them. Not the greatest option but perhaps the cheapest.

Edit: I checked with Amazon and you CAN return them for a full refund but they will deduct the cost of shipping from your refund...so like others said either sell on craigslist locally, take a loss on eBay or perhaps just gift it to someone for Christmas :) Must be someone who doesn't have Halo 3 yet ^_^

Third Option: Remove the game from the box, turn it into Gamestop with 4 other games during their trade 5 get extra 30% credit and then just eBay the helmet alone.... should be about close to even.

Fourth Option: Join Goozex and trade in the game for 1000 points ($50 credit equivalent). Seems like a good idea to me.

Good luck! I've been in your shoes before ^_^[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. My friend would rather not lose money (the return shipping fees) so thats why he asked me to try to sell them at cost. Frankly I'd rather he just send them all back to Amazon asap because they're just sitting in my study right now, taking up almost the entire room :roll:

[quote name='djbacklash']Now willing to part out for anyone who wants JUST the helmet.

Helmet ONLY ... $40 SHIPPED (Insured)[/QUOTE]

ooo... i'm interested... was thinking about buying the legendary version when it was on sale at amazon just for the helmet [ already have halo 3], but i waited too long, and people like your friend, bought them all.

how many bundles do you actually have?

I already opened one up so here's a pic of the games:

360-Halo3LegendaryEditionGameSet.jpg

halo3.jpg

http://www.mediastrike.com

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']If you're doing $40 shipped for the helmet, would you do $20 shipped for just the game + bonus DVD? LMK, thanks.[/quote]

Sorry but shipping is almost $15 for just the helmet, so the game/dvd set is going to be sold for $40 shipped.

[quote name='ajh2298']I would do $40.00 shipped for just the helmet but you would have to ship first since you have no feedback here.[/quote]

That wouldn't be a problem, though I have 2000+ positive fb on eBay (100% positive) and can pm you my username if that would set your mind at ease.

I find it funny that you have 2000+ positive feedback on eBay, and it just so happend your "friend" managed to make a mistake by buying 25 copies!? It seems like you made the mistake but did not want to get flamed for buying 25 copies. I would be shocked if some of your feedback isn't from reselling deals.

Seriously, 25 copies?

EDIT*

Looks like some 'resellers' are getting < $50: http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Halo-3-Lege...yZ122517QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$20+ for shipping, but man after fees and whatnot, they are losing money.

[quote name='abreed']I find it funny that you have 2000+ positive feedback on eBay, and it just so happend your "friend" managed to make a mistake by buying 25 copies!? It seems like you made the mistake but did not want to get flamed for buying 25 copies. I would be shocked if some of your feedback isn't from reselling deals.

Seriously, 25 copies?[/quote]

Truth be told, I have an eBay store selling Oakleys, and I used to sell video games as well. My friend saw I was making close to six figs working just an hour or two a day (I'm in my third year at pharmacy school so don't have time for a "real" part-time job) so he decided to jump into vid game reselling. This was his first big purchase and needless to say, it hasn't worked out very well for him. I warned him about jumping the gun and advised him to research the product more, but of course that didn't stop him. I'm currently selling other video games for him under my account, but I left the vid game reselling thing long ago. Just gets too hectic shipping 40-50+ packs a day.

i dont have any money, but want one bad. I want to trade a lot for one. So anyone else have one i could trade for

Ahh shoot, I'll bite on one, although I'd be more comfortable if you would send first just like ajh2298 said.

I'd be paying by Postal Money Order like I asked earlier. If your cool with that, just PM me for details, thanks.

To everyone who has PM'd me about the shipping details, I ran the numbers on UPS and USPS (package is 9lbs 2oz) and shipping will be either $15.19 via USPS Parcel Post (including insurance) or $11.63 via UPS Ground. To those of you I exchanged PMs with last night, I have no idea why USPS was showing only $10 for Priority Mail last night (it's now coming up as $27.35!), but obviously there's no way I can ship that way without charging more. Thanks

Ok I've updated the pricing and shipping info (see original post). If these don't sell by next week, then I'm telling my friend to return them to Amazon or post them up on eBay himself! Thanks everyone!

^bump!

I ship via UPS and USPS every morning (and sometimes a second delivery at 4PM CST), so buy it now and you'll likely receive it before the end of the week :)

hahaha your friend is a fucking moron

idiots always give me a laugh

i also love the constant, well i have good ebay feedback so that should set your mind at ease

not a rule, but basic guidelines are whoever has lower feedback does whatever first here (unless both people have a ton of good feedback)...you have none here

Sorry for the confusion. See the original post for the final pricing info ($75 SHIPPED for the complete set, $40 SHIPPED for the helmet). If anyone is local (Houston), they can pick it up for $60 for the set or $25 for the helmet. Thanks

so just for the helmet, is it $25 + shipping [ $11.63 via UPS Ground ] which comes to ~$37.

and i'm going to assume you're shipping it with everything, minus the game/dvds.

Yes if you're going to pay by mo, it'll be roughly $37-39 depending on your zipcode. If paying by PayPal, it'll just be a flat $40 (no matter what zip code) to make things easier. Shipping for the two packages I shipped earlier today were $11.63 and $13.58, even though both weighed and were packaged the same.

If you buy the helmet, you'll be getting everything EXCEPT for the game and dvd set (original box, helmet stand, cover, etc). I'm basically just pulling out the games and slapping a UPS label on the original Amazon shipment.

djbacklash, what are you getting out of this? Your friend should be paying you commission for running his business.

Btw, I operate a store on ebay as well. It's probably another coincidence that I'm in college training for med like you.

Sadly I'm getting NOTHING out of this ordeal..nothing but MY money back since my friend used my Prime membership/credit card to buy all this stuff and of course now can't afford to pay me back!

Are you in med school right now? I'm in my third year of pharmacy school and business has just been so ridiculous lately, I have no idea how I'm going to manage everything next year once I start rotations.

Just out of curiosity, what do you sell on eBay? You don't have to tell me your name or store name..just curious :)

[quote name='Lsgun1']I can Paypal $70 tonight shipped, let me know if you are interested by PM.[/quote]

Thanks but the price is firmly $75 shipped.

[quote name='djbacklash']Sadly I'm getting NOTHING out of this ordeal..nothing but MY money back since my friend used my Prime membership/credit card to buy all this stuff and of course now can't afford to pay me back!

Are you in med school right now? I'm in my third year of pharmacy school and business has just been so ridiculous lately, I have no idea how I'm going to manage everything next year once I start rotations.

Just out of curiosity, what do you sell on eBay? You don't have to tell me your name or store name..just curious :)[/quote]

I am an undergrad right now. I am taking my finals this week.

Aside from selling old possessions, I frequently sell a product that can be digitally delivered. It's not ebooks or anything related to literature. It's easy money, but I devote most of time to studying. It's all about the bigger money in the future.

Can you tell me how much to ship to Canada? Whatever the cheapest way is, not concerned about time so much. Thx

bread's done
Back