FS: Launch PS3 60GB BC System New in Box

dimmujed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I have a launch PS3 60GB system that is fully Backwards Compatible with PS1 / PS2. It is new in box, and has only been taken out one time to make sure it works. Has had 1 bluray movie played in it for testing purposes.

It's still on the default firmware that the console came with. Can double check FW number if need be.

It also has memory card slots.

Asking $450 or best offer. Comes with 1 wireless six axis controller, a gold plated HDMI cable, and everything else that comes with the system. Also comes with Quantum of Solace on Bluray...at least I think that's the James Bond movie.

Let me know.

EDIT: If you think the price is a bit steep, check out what JUST the system goes for on Ebay recently by Clicking Here

Last edited by a moderator:
$400? Come on dude! There's no way you expect to get that price when they're selling for $300 with 120 gb brand new. Backwards compatibility is not worth an extra $100.

well considering a new ps2 will run u 100 new i would think it is justified slightly. i still think its not worth that anymore, especially when he cant guarantee its only been used once. once its opened, it might as well be an old whore thats been used many many times

Backwards compatibility is actually worth the $100 seeing how a PS2 retails at $100. $300 (PS3 Slim) + $100 (PS2 Slim) = $400. Not to mention that this PS3 has a bunch of card slots not available on the current models and a couple more USB inputs. If everything what the OP claims is true, $400 is a pretty decent deal seeing how he will include an HDMI cable and a Blu. I'm assuming this is $400 shipped which I think is a fair price. A bunch of other arguments can be made here, but yeah, too lazy.

So yeah, bump. Wanted offset the thread capper. :bouncy:

Yes, but the firmware is worth it to some people, plus the new consoles can't do Yellow Dog Linux anymore, nor have memory card slots if memory serves me right.

Plus I'm willingly to barter on the price. They go for around $500 on ebay (see here)

[quote name='Deuce-']$400? Come on dude! There's no way you expect to get that price when they're selling for $300 with 120 gb brand new. Backwards compatibility is not worth an extra $100.[/QUOTE]

Apparently somebody doesn't know what the rules are in this forum. You may not post if all you are doing is commenting on a price (either too steep or too high). You are not adding anything productive. If you don't feel the price is justified then move along. nobody is forcing you to buy anything.

I'll admit no one is forcing me to buy anything, but I'm just giving him a heads up. Everyone is trying to save a bit of money and after a quick search of eBay, I found the exact same console at $200 with a Buy it Now of $320.

[quote name='Deuce-']I'll admit no one is forcing me to buy anything, but I'm just giving him a heads up. Everyone is trying to save a bit of money and after a quick search of eBay, I found the exact same console at $200 with a Buy it Now of $320.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see where you found a launch console for that much NEW in box? I just looked and saw nothing comparable. Maybe one that had DAYS left...

$450 OBO? Seems a bit steep, and most PS3 are BC with most PS2 games. eBay is often bad to use as a judgement tool for prices, because people are a bit more out of their mind with the bad economy.

I appreciate the free bumps, but is anyone actually interested? I don't HONESTLY think I'm going to get 450 out of it, that's why the OBO is there HINT HINT

the ebay link you provided was for a FACTORY SEALED ps3, so I guess the people who bidded on it, were collectors.

hope you find someone who is interested in one, i have a 60gb one and i love it to death. Free bump!

[quote name='dimmujed']I'd like to see where you found a launch console for that much NEW in box? I just looked and saw nothing comparable. Maybe one that had DAYS left...[/QUOTE]

You can't say it's NEW IN BOX when you've already said you opened it. Once an item is opened, it doesn't matter if you've used it for a day or 3 years, it still is used. Factory Sealed is the only way it's consider new in box. If you've opened it, you can't justify selling it for the same price REAL NIB sellers are. How can we honestly know if you aren't just lying to make it seem like your PS3 is new? I could say my 60 gb PS3 is brand new, I just opened it to test it, and slap a $400 price tag on it. How's that? You'd neveeerrrr knowwww

[quote name='Darknuke']You can't say it's NEW IN BOX when you've already said you opened it. Once an item is opened, it doesn't matter if you've used it for a day or 3 years, it still is used. Factory Sealed is the only way it's consider new in box. If you've opened it, you can't justify selling it for the same price REAL NIB sellers are. How can we honestly know if you aren't just lying to make it seem like your PS3 is new? I could say my 60 gb PS3 is brand new, I just opened it to test it, and slap a $400 price tag on it. How's that? You'd neveeerrrr knowwww[/QUOTE]

Because the firmware is SO low that it couldn't even play Motorstorm, because it would need a firmware update, as well as almost all blurays... So unless I love giant dusty paper weights, I guess it's been in the box. I didn't realize so many people on here were so mean...

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']$450 OBO? Seems a bit steep, and most PS3 are BC with most PS2 games. eBay is often bad to use as a judgement tool for prices, because people are a bit more out of their mind with the bad economy.[/QUOTE]

Why does none of the stuff you said make sense? $450 is a worthwhile price (if it was really minty new) cause its BC.
Most PS3s are NOT BC with PS2 games as a matter of fact and ebay is a good judgement for prices in this case if you say people are out of their mind. wouldnt that imply they are likely to spend less in a bad economy? so the new PS3 could have gone for tons more if people were in their right mind in a good economy?

bread's done
Back