FS: Limited Edition PlayStation 3 (Signed by Hideo Kojima)!

Saviorself

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Sony very recently announced the release of a new PlayStation 3 and since I absolutely have to have every new video game product, regardless of if the new iteration is actually an improvement, I am selling my pride and joy. For me, it has lost its "wow" factor; I've been scared to actually use it and it's been sitting on my desk, covered in a lint-free terrycloth towel for over a year -- however, this means you can buy it!

I don't know how many of these signed, limited edition (Gunmetal Grey) PS3 consoles exist, but I would estimate that there are less than 10 of these on the planet and that is a generous estimate. Basically, Hideo Kojima came to New York City to sign copies of Metal Gear Solid 4 at midnight on its release date. I drove 5 hours, waited 2 days in line, and was the first person to get him to sign an actual console (that I purchased at Virgin for $600). They only had a few of the grey PS3s and since they were $600, obviously not everyone could afford one. Q.E.D., this shit is pretty fucking rare.

2vd2v4z.jpg

It's been powered on and tested to verify that everything is in working order. It's been used exactly one time. It will be shipped completely formatted so it will be as if it has been turned on for the first time. It comes with the limited edition grey controller, the console, the video cable, my own HDMI cable (it didn't come with an HDMI cable), the box, and literally every piece of paper, plastic and fucking twist-tie that was in the box. Everything is in absolutely untouched, pristine condition.

v2sbqq.jpg

I can try and take better pictures for any interested parties. My boredom is your gain -- buy this shit and show it off to your nerd friends. Accepting all reasonable offers. Feel free to e-mail me (protokoll AT me DOT com), contact me on AIM (clutch dot59), or PM me if you want more details or are interested. Thanks.

I have gotta say that, that is one nice console. I have the same console minus the signature and for me I like its uniqueness. Anyways bump for a cool item.

[quote name='dodgeme']I have gotta say that, that is one nice console. I have the same console minus the signature and for me I like its uniqueness. Anyways bump for a cool item.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliment. I've spoken to a few people that have expressed interest, but no one has pulled the trigger on this lovely console yet.

[quote name='backseatdog']gorgeous, free bump for that[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If I had the money, I wouldn't be able to resist, but I know I'd have to have 3-4 more lowball sales to afford that... Good luck with getting rid of it! If nobody expresses interest for awhile, you could unload it on me! I'm fine with just paying shipping! ;)

Don't you dare sell for less than like $800 bucks... that thing is rare. Not that I want, I already have a 80 GB. Why don't you bundle MGS4:LE with it to boost the price?

Well, I don't think you have the LE.

[quote name='pram12']Don't you dare sell for less than like $800 bucks... that thing is rare. Not that I want, I already have a 80 GB. Why don't you bundle MGS4:LE with it to boost the price?

Well, I don't think you have the LE.[/QUOTE]

I have a sealed copy of the LE, in fact! Unfortunately I can't even get a serious offer for half of what you suggested so it's looking like this is going to just sit in my closet instead of going to a loving home :[.

20hlpw9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Saviorself']I have a sealed copy of the LE, in fact! Unfortunately I can't even get a serious offer for half of what you suggested so it's looking like this is going to just sit in my closet instead of going to a loving home :[.[/QUOTE]

I would have guessed it would be worth close to a $1,000, but I really have nothing to base that off of. It really doesn't have any function other than a collectors item. You could always put it up on ebay with a reserve and see what happens, you might be surprised. If you go the ebay route you should probably pay extra for it and make it a featured item if it doesn't cost too much.

[quote name='pram12']Don't you dare sell for less than like $800 bucks... that thing is rare. Not that I want, I already have a 80 GB. Why don't you bundle MGS4:LE with it to boost the price?

Well, I don't think you have the LE.[/QUOTE]
Probably not as rare as you might think. There are about 10, 000 gunmetal PS3s.

Also, MGS4 LE isn't worth that much either, even if it is sealed. There are still a bunch at every single Wal-Mart in my city that have been sitting there since launch.

[quote name='ducksoda7']Probably not as rare as you might think. There are about 10, 000 gunmetal PS3s.

Also, MGS4 LE isn't worth that much either, even if it is sealed. There are still a bunch at every single Wal-Mart in my city that have been sitting there since launch.[/QUOTE]

Did you miss the signature on the system perchance? He isn't talking about the rarity of the system but rather this particular system with Hideo Kojima's autograph on it. There are maybe 5 of these in the world, if that; even so, I'm not looking for big money. I want to be able to buy a slim PS3 and maybe a PSP and that's it.

[quote name='Saviorself']Did you miss the signature on the system perchance? He isn't talking about the rarity of the system but rather this particular system with Hideo Kojima's autograph on it. There are maybe 5 of these in the world, if that; even so, I'm not looking for big money. I want to be able to buy a slim PS3 and maybe a PSP and that's it.[/QUOTE]
Hideo Kojima's signature is probably worth about $70 on top of that, and I think I'm being a bit generous on that. Also, I highly doubt that there are only 5 signed, especially if there are 10, 000 of them.

[quote name='ducksoda7']Hideo Kojima's signature is probably worth about $70 on top of that, and I think I'm being a bit generous on that. Also, I highly doubt that there are only 5 signed, especially if there are 10, 000 of them.[/QUOTE]

Please don't shit up my post with misinformation. Clearly you place no value in this item so kindly take your opinions elsewhere.

[quote name='Saviorself']You're an idiot; lurk more for your own good.[/QUOTE]
Please tell me, then. Where are you getting this magical number of 5 from? Any reliable source?

[quote name='Saviorself']Please don't shit up my post with misinformation. Clearly you place no value in this item so kindly take your opinions elsewhere.[/QUOTE]
Way to change your post. Anyways, I should know because I OWN one.

[quote name='ducksoda7']Please tell me, then. Where are you getting this magical number of 5 from? Any reliable source?[/QUOTE]

Alright, so roughly 10,000 worldwide? So now, out of those 10,000 how many public appearances has Kojima made in the past year? Maybe 10-15? And out of those 10-15 appearances, how many people do you think brought the limited edition MGS4 PS3 with them to get it signed? And spent a lot of time to make sure it was special by meeting him first? The number isn't as high as you're wishing it was..

Clearly if nobody is meeting half your expected price than you're going too high. Unless you can somehow prove exactly how rare and why you're seeking whatever amount, you'll probably just end up putting it in the closet.

I'd offer a couple hundred tops.

[quote name='DPsx7']Clearly if nobody is meeting half your expected price than you're going too high. Unless you can somehow prove exactly how rare and why you're seeking whatever amount, you'll probably just end up putting it in the closet.

I'd offer a couple hundred tops.[/QUOTE]

From the way it sounds, I'd say $550 or $600... And I'm finding the cheapest ones for $600 on Amazon...

[quote name='Vulgarism']Alright, so roughly 10,000 worldwide? So now, out of those 10,000 how many public appearances has Kojima made in the past year? Maybe 10-15? And out of those 10-15 appearances, how many people do you think brought the limited edition MGS4 PS3 with them to get it signed? And spent a lot of time to make sure it was special by meeting him first? The number isn't as high as you're wishing it was..[/QUOTE]
Though I have no way of proving it, I certainly saw more than 5 on eBay within the first month of its release. And, for that matter, why would I wish the number to be high?

A mint Gunmetal PS3 sold for $315 shipped on eBay. You're expecting too much for a console that dropped in price, even with Kojima's signature. It's not like Kojima would never sign another Gunmetal PS3 again.

The closet post was a joke...

The thread has been up for one day. I've had plenty of interest -- I'm not desperate to sell this at all as I already own 3 PS3s. I love how this thread has taken a turn to negative-ville courtesy of new users.

Edit: Actually, I'm just going to close the post because it's full of ridiculous posts. If you're interested in the system at a price of approximately$500, please PM me or contact me on AIM or via e-mail. '09s :psyduck:

[quote name='Hostile']A mint Gunmetal PS3 sold for $315 shipped on eBay. You're expecting too much for a console that dropped in price, even with Kojima's signature. It's not like Kojima would never sign another Gunmetal PS3 again.[/QUOTE]
THANK YOU! Finally, someone who knows what they're talking about.

[quote name='Saviorself']The closet post was a joke...

The thread has been up for one day. I've had plenty of interest -- I'm not desperate to sell this at all as I already own 3 PS3s. I love how this thread has taken a turn to negative-ville courtesy of new users.[/QUOTE]
It only turned negative because of you. All I did was simply tell someone that $800-1000 for a gunmetal PS3, even signed, is WAY too much.

[quote name='Trakan']No more threadcrapping. If you don't like his price, don't buy it.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much. And just for the record, I'm not expecting to sell this for what the kind posters above suggest. I figure that $500 shipped is fairly reasonable and I'm also willing to include a slim, white PS2 at no extra charge so that the buyer can play PS2 games if they like! Of course I'm open to negotiation and potential bartering as well.

If I had $500 to burn right now, I'd totally be on this...
Awesome item, hope it goes to a loving home!

Just got paid today so I'd like to offer $350 shipped.

And the knowledge that your console will be loved intensely.

PM me.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']How many gigs is the PS3? I might be interested[/QUOTE]

It has a 40 GB hard drive stock; obviously the hard drive can be upgraded.

That's not too bad of a price. I thought I posted earlier saying that some people overestimate the value of certain things and that's why nobody was too interested. I'm not saying it's worthless as I'm a big collector myself. I don't have a need for it though, one PS3 is plenty for now.

Not even an acknowledgement of my offer, heh.

Alright then $400 shipped and that's including the PS2 and MGS4 Collector's Edition.

[quote name='LazyLolita']Not even an acknowledgement of my offer, heh.

Alright then $400 shipped and that's including the PS2 and MGS4 Collector's Edition.[/QUOTE]

stop offering low, he said $500 so therefore he wont acknowledge your offers. and why on earth would he have to include a PS2 so low.

Because he offered to include it.

And if this isn't your thread and/or you're not making an offer then please mind your own business.

Thanks.

:3

no thanks, I dont have to mind my own business. maybe i did make an offer maybe i didnt, theres no need for you to know though.

this is definitely a rare item though! good luck with the sale, ebay might be your friend in this case.

[quote name='LazyLolita']Not even an acknowledgement of my offer, heh.

Alright then $400 shipped and that's including the PS2 and MGS4 Collector's Edition.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I must have missed your post. Unfortunately, I've received offers for more than that excluding the MGS4 game. If the current buyer I am working with falls through, I will alert you.

[quote name='continuegaming']PM'ed... $550?[/QUOTE]

I don't have any new PMs. Edit: But I did get your e-mail.

bread's done
Back