FS: Macbook Pro 17" 2.4ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

o2012o

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hello fellow CAGS. I've never sold anything on here before, but I figured it couldn't hurt to try. Here's how it breaks down:

PRICE: 1850 (updated after checking the refurb price on the Apple site - 2100).

Specifications:
17" MATTE screen (better for color correction)
2.4ghz Core 2 Duo Processor
2gb of RAM
160gb Harddrive
Nvidia GeForce 8600GT graphics w/256mb video memory
Superdrive
Leopard OSX (included on extra disk that I purchased and am throwing in)

I am a film editor that recently purchased a full desktop Mac to replace this blazing portable machine. I have treated it exceptionally well and it has no scratches, dead pixels, or any other problems. I am throwing in the following extras:
- Griffin Elevator (40 dollar laptop stand)
- Incase Neoprene Sleeve (black, 25 dollar soft case)
- Applecare Warranty with one year remaining on plan (valued at over 250 dollars!)

I live in Santa Barbara, CA and go to UCSB. It's a pretty great deal, and I am a TAD flexible. Thanks!

Thanks a bunch for the tip! I tried posting on there, but I didn't meet the minimum post requirements, so I just posted it on their standard forum.

i can buy a
iMac, 24-inch, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS w/512MB GDDR3
2GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
500GB Serial ATA Drive

brand new off apples site and its free shipping for 1999, which looks to me to put your system to shame

lol yeah, why are you comparing desktops and laptops?

what a wholly ineffective threadcrap.

nice machine, OP. Good to see another UC student around :)

not really, im not trying to treadcrap im just stating the obvious if i wanted a laptop id get a macbook and for the price for his mbp i can get an amazing imac or go with a basic imac AND a basic macbook

[quote name='kriegs089']i can buy a
iMac, 24-inch, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS w/512MB GDDR3
2GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
500GB Serial ATA Drive

brand new off apples site and its free shipping for 1999, which looks to me to put your system to shame[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Wow, it takes a lot of ignorance to not see the strength in a portable system capable of editing HD footage (which is exactly what I do). The laptop costs 2700+tax new for a reason, man. Plus, the storage is (and should) only be used for your OS and apps anyway. As for gaming, this thing can handle any Source game that I throw at it (including TF2, DOD:S, etc) with flying colors. In a portable, that is great. I could go on, but that would be humoring your foolishness.

[quote name='kriegs089']not really, im not trying to treadcrap im just stating the obvious if i wanted a laptop id get a macbook and for the price for his mbp i can get an amazing imac or go with a basic imac AND a basic macbook[/quote]

again^

What's the point of stating the obvious?
Just let the OP sell his Macbook Pro in peace, no need to detract from his thread unnecessarily.

Hey, instead of an Iphone, I can buy a cheap PDA, a cheap cell phone, and a cheap flash mp3 player for the same price.

Any problems with that argument?

[quote name='kriegs089']I'm just saying that for the same price you can get a wicked imac[/QUOTE]

Which is latched to a desk. For those of us that leave our houses and want to take the power of a desktop with us, this is indispensable. Please go make no sense elsewhere.

[quote name='o2012o']Which is latched to a desk. For those of us that leave our houses and want to take the power of a desktop with us, this is indispensable. Please go make no sense elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Oh, and fun fact. My price is cheaper than the REFURBISHED price on the apple site by 300 dollars. And mine includes applecare and the other stuff. Just throwin' that out there.

UPDATE: I just checked the price and I misread it when I saw it yesterday. It is actually 2100, so I'm going to lower my price to 1850. Sorry for the mistake! The "high resolution 1080p" version is 2300 refurbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back