FS: MS Visual Studio 6 Enterprise Edition w/ MSDN Library extras

JediSB

CAGiversary!
A while back I decided to change careers and get into computer programming. I went to school, got the software, bought some books, etc. but never got my certification. This software has been sitting in my computer desk drawer unused, so I thought I'd finally get rid of it.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio 6 Enterprise Edition

Rapidly build business solutions using Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0, the complete enterprise development tool suite. Winner of the PC Magazine Technical Excellence Award, as well as the PC Computing MVP Award, Microsoft Visual Studio allows you to build scalable applications for Windows® and the Web that easily integrate with existing systems. The Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 development suite sets the standard for developer productivity and comprehensive design support with integrated features across all the popular languages. The Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition includes the complete set of development tools for building reusable applications in Microsoft Visual Basic® 6.0, Visual C++® 6.0, Visual J++® 6.0, or Visual FoxPro® 6.0. Visual InterDev™ 6.0 provides easy integration with the Internet and a full Web page authoring environment.

In addition, Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise Edition adds extensive support for large systems and distributed applications. It offers additional features, including enterprise database development and design tools, team development support, development life cycle support, and development and test versions of the Microsoft BackOffice® family of application servers.

To take advantage of the latest capabilities for developing Windows 2000 and mobile computing applications, Visual Studio 6.0 now includes the Windows 2000 Developer’s Readiness Kit and the freely redistributable, SQL Server™ 7.0–compatible Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE) for mobile applications.

Features:

Visual Basic 6.0 Development System - For rapid development of Windows-based client/server applications, as well as Web applicatiions and middle-tier business components.
Visual Source Safe 6.0 - Complete team-based source code control system for components, applications, and Web sites.
Visual C++ 6.0 Development System - For building the highest performance applications and components.
Visual J++ 6.0 Development System - Microsoft's development tool for building applets, Windows-based applications, and components using the Java language.
Visual InterDev 6.0 Development System - An integrated, team-based development tools for building data-driven Web applications based on HTML, Script, and components written in any language.
Visual FoxPro 6.0 Database Development System - For building workgroup database applications and developing components using the XBASE language.
Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack - Application, communication, and Web services; includes Microsoft Transaction Server 2.0 and Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0
MSDN Library - Includes the MSDN Library (single edition) with development information and reference for Visual Studio.
Professional Visual Database Tools - View database objects (including tables, views, and data) and rapidly create queries within the development environment.
Windows 2000 Developer's Readiness Kit - With the Windows 2000 Developer's Readiness Kit you’ll learn how to take advantage of new Windows 2000 features through in-depth, step-by-step training and technical resources.
Microsoft Data Engine (MSDE) for Visual Studio - Build desktop and shared solutions that are fully compatible with SQL Server 7.0 and can migrate directly to SQL Server without changing a single line of code.
Visual Studio Installer - Build self-repairing, low-cost deployment applications with the new Visual Studio Installer.
Complete Debugging Support - Shorten development time with end-to-end debugging. Debug across languages smoothly with point-and-click breakpoints, drag-and-drop watch windows, and multiple call stacks.
RAD Web development - Get a jump on your Web development with prebuilt components, wizards, HTML, script, and data—in one integrated environment.
Microsoft Repository 2.0 - Open repository for storing project elements created by Microsoft tools and by third-party tools. Repository is integrated with all tools in the suite through the Visual Component Manager.
Cross-platform Deployment - Use HTML, script, and Dynamic HTML to reach any desktop platform, including 16-bit and 32-bit Windows clients, Macintosh, and UNIX.
Microsoft BackOffice Server 4.5 Developer Edition* (Develop and test version for Windows NT only.) - Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SNA Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Site Server, Microsoft Systems Management Server, and more
Enterprise Visual Database Tools - Visually create schema diagrams for Microsoft SQL Server 6.5+ and Oracle 7.3.3+ databases. View tables, modify data, and create SQL queries for high-speed access to any ODBC- or OLE DB–compliant database.
Visual Modeler - Visually model components in detail, as well as component relationships, methods, properties, and events, then communicate this information to team members and generate code.
Visual Studio Analyzer - Profile distributed applications and isolate and fix performance bottlenecks.
Visual Component Manager - Find, track, catalog, and reuse application components stored in the Microsoft Repository.
Scalability - Upgrade your system to handle multiple concurrent users, manage secure transactions across disparate data sources, and develop and test database applications using Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 Developer Edition.
Interoperability - Use HTML, Script, and Dynamic HTML to reach Win16, Win32®, UNIX, and Macintosh desktops. Access mainframe transactions using SNA Server and remote Oracle, DB/2, VSAM, and AS400 data sources using OLE DB.
Team-based development - Easily find, track, catalog, and reuse applica-tion components with the Visual Component Manager. Use Microsoft Visual SourceSafe version control system to collaborate, share, and secure source code.
Lifecycle Support - Graphically define application architecture and communicate designs using Microsoft Visual Modeler diagrams, visualize distributed applications and optimize performance using animated event diagrams in Visual Studio Analyzer, and reduce costs with new automatic system build, installation script generation, and deployment tools.
--------------------------------------------------------------

The package I received also included a bunch of Windows NT CDs as well as Outlook 2000 and Frontpage 2000 so I'm including those as well.

Another service pack was released and I have that on CD-R so I'll provide that as well.

Lastly, I have accumulated a number of freeware add-ons for VB as well, many of which are no longer available. I'll throw that in as well.

Asking $250 plus shipping.

I have several books on VB 6 as well. including the following:
Mastering Visual Basic
Mastering Database Programming with Visual Basic 6
Debugging Visual Basic
a few others I can't recall right now (I'm at work right now). I'll add them to the thread later.

If you want the books, I'll throw them all in for an addition $10 plus the shipping for them. (Very heavy!)

PM me if you are interested.

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']Not to poop on your thread, but MS Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition (ver. 8.0) is a free download from microsoft.com.[/QUOTE]

There's a huge difference betwen an "express version" a a full Enterprise Architect version. Granted, I'm selling VS 6, but a lot of VB coders have not moved to VB.Net because it is such a different language than VB6.

bread's done
Back