FS: NEW SEALED DS/GBA Games-Gyakuten Saiban, Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones, Lost in Blue

cdmccool

CAG Veteran
Feedback
2 (100%)
Nintendo DS Games(All games are NEW and Factory Sealed unless otherwise noted. All used games are complete. Prices include shipping within the continental US.)
None

Game Boy Advance Games
None

Non-CC paypal only please.

Thank you!

eBay ID-cdmccool
Link to eBay feedback: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=cdmccool&iid=
Heatware-cdmccool
Link to Heatware feedback: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=48172

*SOLD*
-Bleach DS Souten ni Kakeru Unmei(Japanese Import, No region protection) $42.00
-Trace Memory $20.00
-Advance Wars: Dual Strike $30.00
-Metroid Prime: Hunters $25.00
-Trauma Center: Under the Knife $25.00
-Metroid Prime: Pinball $19.49
-Final Fantasy Tactics Greatest Hits(Used, Excellent Condition) $20.98
-Rio Carbon 5GB $70.00
-Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time $28.00
-Meteos(Used, Mint) $22.99
-Animal Crossing: Wild World $28.27
-Lost in Blue $30.50
-Gyakuten Saiban(Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Japanese Import, No region protection, Playable in English) $26.95
-Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones $16.95
-Final Fantasy Tactics Advance(Used, Mint) $11.48
-Big Brain Academy $20.00
-Brain Age $21.21
-Sonic Rush(Used, Mint) $19.49

[quote name='cdmccool']5GB Rio Carbon
-1 year old
-Has seen minimal use. Originally I had bought this to take to the gym with me but after a couple of months I decided it was too much of a distraction and stopped taking it.
-In excellent condition. There are a few light scratches on the back of the player only. Noticeable only when light reflects off the shiny surface in such a way.
-Comes with the headphones, installation CD, usb, power charger, manual, and a case w/belt clip that I purchased separately($30 value!).
-$79.00 Shipped to the lower 48 States.

Nintendo DS Games(All games are NEW and Factory Sealed unless otherwise noted. All used games are complete. Prices include shipping within the continental US.)
-Meteos(Used, Mint) $21.00
-Trace Memory $26.00
-Bleach DS Souten ni Kakeru Unmei(Japanese Import, No region protection) $42.00
-Brain Age $19.00
-Advance Wars: Dual Strike $32.00
-Metroid Prime: Hunters $29.00
-Lost in Blue $34.00
-Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time $27.00
-Animal Crossing: Wild World $32.00
-Gyakuten Saiban(Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Japanese Import, No region protection, Playable in English) $29.00
-Trauma Center: Under the Knife $31.00
-Metroid Prime: Pinball $17.00
-Sonic Rush(Used, Mint) $20.00
-Big Brain Academy $19.00

Game Boy Advance Games
-Final Fantasy Tactics Advance(Used, Mint) $22.00

Playstation Games
-Final Fantasy Tactics Greatest Hits(Used, Excellent Condition) $19.00

Non-CC paypal only please.

Thank you!

eBay ID-cdmccool
Heatware-cdmccool[/quote]

Animal Crossing for 32? Man, you are gonna need to reevaulate your prices.

[quote name='tbizzy1o1']very....a dollar below new value at any store...no thankkkk you.[/QUOTE]

Sadly this is becoming a trend here......I think far too many people are not checking amazon/ebay or even gamestop prices and as a result are charging and paying crazy ass prices...seems like almost half the lists now are overally pricey.

Anyways, on topic. Ill give you $17 for Big Brain Academy if your willing to ship first since you have no feedback. If your in the Toledo Ohio/Ann Arbor Michigan area id be happy to local pick up.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Anyways, on topic. Ill give you $17 for Big Brain Academy if your willing to ship first since you have no feedback.[/quote]

No thank you.

As far as my prices, I would just like to point out that these are brand new, unopened games. My prices include shipping and of course, no sales tax. Not everyone will agree but to me these are fair prices.

Using Animal Crossing as an example, the price is $34.99 new at any store around me. Add 7.8% sales tax and the cost of gas and the time I would spend to drive to the store(I usually go to the mall which is about 20 minutes away) and $32 shipped NEW starts to look pretty good.

I could also just order it from Amazon.com. No sales tax and the item qualifies for free shipping so I would pay $33.99. About the same, doesn't really make much difference.

You just happen to pick on Animal Crossing. I admit, I might be pushing it but I believe there are better deals in my list. Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time for example.

As for shipping first, I'm sorry but I will not. Please take a look at my eBay feedback or my Heatware ID for references. If that does not satisfy you then we can not make a deal. Again, I am sorry but this is how it will be until I'm more comfortable here.

Thank you for your concern.

-Che'

[quote name='cdmccool']No thank you.

As far as my prices, I would just like to point out that these are brand new, unopened games. My prices include shipping and of course, no sales tax. Not everyone will agree but to me these are fair prices.

Using Animal Crossing as an example, the price is $34.99 new at any store around me. Add 7.8% sales tax and the cost of gas and the time I would spend to drive to the store(I usually go to the mall which is about 20 minutes away) and $32 shipped NEW starts to look pretty good.

I could also just order it from Amazon.com. No sales tax and the item qualifies for free shipping so I would pay $33.99. About the same, doesn't really make much difference.

You just happen to pick on Animal Crossing. I admit, I might be pushing it but I believe there are better deals in my list. Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time for example.

As for shipping first, I'm sorry but I will not. Please take a look at my eBay feedback or my Heatware ID for references. If that does not satisfy you then we can not make a deal. Again, I am sorry but this is how it will be until I'm more comfortable here.

Thank you for your concern.

-Che'[/QUOTE]

1. Not many people here will trust someone who has no feedback and wont ship first.

2. You point to M&L as a deal yet around here and other trade sites you see it all the time for $24 or less, id say the average price is $22 and I bought my copy for $19. At Amazon.com the price with S&H also would be equal to yours on a used copy and atleats there we know if we dont get a copy of the game we get our money back. Every game on your list is this way...several dollars more then standard deal prices.

Ill leave the topic so it doesnt turn into a giant thread shit....but honestly its just getting old seeing people here offering games at in store prices, ill say that atleast yours are new...but its still annoying seeing every topic saying to be a deal or a sale that are not a deal or a sale..... or offering "promotions" like buy one get one 25% off just to turn around and break them.

No one with more feedback (like 5 or more) will pay first for the most part. It's just the way things work on these types of sites. I had to send first when I had no feedbacks. I'd urge you to do the same or risk not making many/if any sales.

Just a friendly tip, take it or leave it I guess.

[quote name='MSI Magus']1. Not many people here will trust someone who has no feedback and wont ship first.

2. You point to M&L as a deal yet around here and other trade sites you see it all the time for $24 or less, id say the average price is $22 and I bought my copy for $19. At Amazon.com the price with S&H also would be equal to yours on a used copy and atleats there we know if we dont get a copy of the game we get our money back. Every game on your list is this way...several dollars more then standard deal prices.

Ill leave the topic so it doesnt turn into a giant thread shit....but honestly its just getting old seeing people here offering games at in store prices, ill say that atleast yours are new...but its still annoying seeing every topic saying to be a deal or a sale that are not a deal or a sale..... or offering "promotions" like buy one get one 25% off just to turn around and break them.[/quote]

1. That's a shame. I've been a member of eBay since 1999 and have 1 negative feedback in almost 7 years of buying/selling. Upon closer inspection of the blemish on my record, you'll see it was retaliatory and bad luck on my part to run into such a bad eBayer. I also recently opened a heatware ID for trading hardware on Anandtech with nothing but good evals.

2. Well, ok. I see it for $34.99 at most places before tax or shipping. If you say it goes for $24 or less new here then I'll just have to take your word for it. Still, if you don't want to wait for a new copy to pop up for $24 here or on other trade forums, then the $27 shipped I want is certainly better than what you'll pay in most retail stores. It's completely up to the buyer.

Thank you for not turning this into a giant thread crap. I will also leave it alone after this post. While I do understand some of your frustration, I don't necessarily agree so the prices will stay where they're at.

Have a good day and wish me luck! :)

Well, the reason we mention prices are too high when we feel they are is that when a transaction happens two people are helped, and setting the price correctly increases the chances of it happening.

Take brain age: the MSRP is $19.99, which means most of us can get it for $14.99 + tax; those that didn't are likely holding out for a price at least slightly lower. (not that I care; I got it free with my system)

But free bump either way.

[quote name='cdmccool']1. That's a shame. I've been a member of eBay since 1999 and have 1 negative feedback in almost 7 years of buying/selling. Upon closer inspection of the blemish on my record, you'll see it was retaliatory and bad luck on my part to run into such a bad eBayer. I also recently opened a heatware ID for trading hardware on Anandtech with nothing but good evals.[/quote]
Its not really a shame, its just that this isn't ebay and pretty much any forum around goes by whoever has less references sends first.

Second, not too too reasonable, Your used Sonic is priced over the new price, as is your Lost in Blue. The others are a dollar or two under new value.

Not to thread crap or anything, but you're going to have a difficult time selling games here for those prices and wanting others to send first.

-another free bump-

Brain Age and Big Brain Academy can both be found for $15 new at any Best Buy.

Also, you will have to send first to pretty much anyone here. Get used to that for a little bit. Then once established here, you can move to sending at the same time and then eventually you can get people to pay first. We all have to go through it.

I won't ship first, sorry. Fortunately for me, not everyone believes that is their right as the more experienced trader and are willing to accept other forms of feedback. The guy I sold Bleach to has 110+ iTrader - 100% positive.

I have my eBay feedback and Heatware ID which has several positive evals from selling much more expensive items than DS games. $200 monitors, $500 computers, $150 video cards. The thing is you need to use more common sense when buying/selling on the internet. I'm not here trying to sell a new XBOX 360 Premium for $290 shipped as my first transaction, now that would be suspicious. I'm here, trying to sell new games for $20-30 a pop and everyone that has posted in this thread has said that my prices are too high or too close to retail. If I was trying to scam people it wouldn't be for $30 games and I wouldn't price an item so close to retail. There are no signs that my auction is a scam or that I can not be trusted.

Don't even get me started on people with 2-4 iTrader asking me to ship first. My 7 years on eBay and numerous positive feedback means nothing yet someone with 2 iTrader thinks that they've earned the privilege to have another trader ship first? You've gotta be kidding me. I'm very familiar with shipping first, so don't misunderstand me. I've done it before on Anandtech but only with members that I believe had earned it. People with 500+ feedback and several YEARS of trading on their forums. It's a privilege, not a right and it's not something you earn with 2 iTrader feedback.

Straight up trades I look at differently. Trading games 1 to 1 I have no problem with the lower feedback trader shipping first. Although, if one trader has 33 100% and the other has 35 100% it would be kind of ridiculous for the trader with 35 to insist the other trader ship first. I believe both have sufficient feedback to ship at the same time.

But, I'm not trading games, I'm selling them. This is my thread, open to the public where anyone is free to initiate a trade with me. Being in that position, the polite thing to do is to pay first as I've said, I will not ship first. If you are not willing to pay first, then we can not make a deal. It's very simple.

Now, I shipped my first game today(on this forum anyway) and hopefully will receive my first positive feedback next week. Maybe some of you will come around after reading my post and seeing my first positive feedback. Maybe some of you will be annoyed at my audacity and add me to your DNT list. I'm ready to accept either outcome but please, let's drop it here. It's not fair that my thread is being bumped so much and I don't think we're supposed to be having this conversation here anyway. If you want to continue, make another thread in the appropriate forum or PM me.

Thank you.

I think this is a very appropriate thread for discussing pricing and trading etiquette.

Your fellow CAGs (cheap ass gamers) aren't trying to pick on you (though I think some of them did). They're just trying to give you some tips so that you're more successful on this website.

As for pricing. It's great that your games are new, but we're CHEAP ASSES. If we can get the game used for a more reasonable price, we'll do it. You'll probably fetch no more than maybe 2 or 3 dollars above the used price for a new game as compared to a used game in complete like new condition.

As for shipping. If you have less than 3 positive iTrader feedback, you'll only be shipping upon payment for others in the same position. After 3, you're somewhat established and people will generally trade/buy/sell the regular way.

I see you've moved a few things to eBay. I honestly don't think you'll fetch the prices listed above. I've heard a term around here calling the site "GreedBay". I think it's referring to the person who doesn't want to actually get into the spirit of CAG and sell at a reasonable price. Or maybe it's referring to eBay itself for its myriad of fees.

I don't know if any of this has helped you, since it seems other CAGs have already said the same things. If this is the way you wanna do things here on CAG, then that's okay too. This isn't an online store with set pricing. You can charge as much or as little as you'd like for a game, though here on CAG, it's generally leaning toward the cheaper end of the scale. But, if it doesn't sell, you can always move it to eBay.

But don't forget that CAG isn't only for finding inexpensive games, it's also about the community that it offers. All your fellow CAGs are just trying to welcome you here by giving you some hints and tips. Don't take it so personally.

I'm interested in your carbon. but seeing as how you have no feedback here, I was wondering if you'd want to ship first.

Unless there is a rule that states you can only bump your thread once per X hours, I think my bumping is reasonable.

8/11-9:47PM... bump

11 hours later... bump

9 hours later... bump

7 hours later... bump

7 1/2 hours later... bump

5 1/2 hours later... bump

19 hours later... bump

Other forums I use are very clear about how often you are allowed to bump your own FS thread. I didn't see anything like that here when I read the rules so I've been playing it by ear. If I missed it, please tell me what the limit is.

You really should've PM'd me about this instead of bumping my thread again if you're so worried about it.

Thanks! :)

*Edit*

From the Tradelist Guidelines thread stickied at the top of this forum:

[quote name='CaseyRyback']What I meant by this is I don't want to see people bumping stuff every ten minutes. If uyou are making some kind of communication with the OP and notifying him, I have no problems with making that type of message in a topic, but I don't want to see OTT's start in the trade forum and don't want someone to have 10 million people bump a topic constantly.

If you come on and its on the second page, I got no problems with you bumping a topic.[/quote]

My bumping is fine. If you have any more problems please PM myself or a moderator.

Thanks.

bread's done
Back