FS: Xbox 360 Premium w/ Oblivion

Zarkon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I bought a 360 Premium about a week and a half ago, figuring I had the money to do it and be safe. Well...I was wrong. Instead of taking the 360 back to the store and getting my money back, then selling Oblivion, I thought I'd offer it on the few forums I'm active on (Gaming Trend and here). If I don't get an offer by early next week, I'll try Ebay, then just return to store.

I'm waiting on Paypal to get their act together, also, so there's a slight delay if you want to use Paypal. The machine is in nearly pristine shape, all I've done is play Oblivion and download demos on Live. I also have a 3rd party VGA adapter available with it.

I'm basically looking to recover what I paid on the 360 and cover shipping and Paypal fees.

Price would be $500 via Paypal ($400 for 360, $60 for Oblivion, $25 for shipping and $15 for Paypal fees) or $485 if you wanted to send check or money order.

While I haven't done trades on here, I have on Gaming Trend, and on Ebay. Willing to set up a one-day buy it now also, but that'd throw in the Ebay fees.

If you're local to Waco, Texas, I can probably deliver, which would trim the price there.

Reason I'm selling? To cover my trip to E3 (for Gaming Trend) and hotel and such there.

Feel free to drop a PM or email at [email protected] if you've got questions.

What would you sell just the system for? I'm not too interested in Oblivion. Also, has the Xbox Live trial been started? Is everything complete?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Good luck with those prices...[/QUOTE]

Why do you say that? The $40 in shipping and fees is still less than I would have to pay in tax (at 8.8%) if purchased new.

Is this system brand new still sealed or did you open the system? Same question about game. (PS- Regular Oblivion for 360 came out at $50...at least at Gamestop by me it did and special edition was $60)

True that on the tax though Koggit.

[quote name='Koggit']What would you sell just the system for? I'm not too interested in Oblivion. Also, has the Xbox Live trial been started? Is everything complete?

Why do you say that? The $40 in shipping and fees is still less than I would have to pay in tax (at 8.8%) if purchased new.[/quote]

If any of this is at the least bit used, then you are quite crazy to ask those prices. Even new, it is a stretch. Your tax rate is 8.8% while others is much lower. My BRAND NEW 360 was $423.99 with Tax (6%).

Selling Oblivion for the full retail price is rediculous. Why would someone here want to buy it from you for near retail?

Even if you bought this stuff new, depending on state, you would come out the same or better with buying at a store.

$399.99 for the system
$59.99 for oblivion
= $459.98
+ tax
= $487.58.

Even at 8.8% tax, It's $500.45. They save about 20 bucks if the tax rate is that high.

I myself am interested in Oblivion, but certainly not for that price when I can walk into any store and buy it and NOT have to wait for shipping.

Sadly, there are already used oblivions floating around for $45 at Gamestop and with the 10% card, that makes it close to $40. (The don't float long though.)

[quote name='Koggit']What would you sell just the system for? I'm not too interested in Oblivion. Also, has the Xbox Live trial been started? Is everything complete?

Why do you say that? The $40 in shipping and fees is still less than I would have to pay in tax (at 8.8%) if purchased new.[/QUOTE]

I'd let the system itself go for $440. I'm not sure on the trial. I started what I think was a XBL silver account set to Japan so that I could check out the Japanese media / demos, but it may have automatically made it the one month gold account. Everything is complete however, other than that. I've still got the packaging. System is 10 days past purchase at this time.

[quote name='Flamegames']Is this system brand new still sealed or did you open the system? Same question about game. (PS- Regular Oblivion for 360 came out at $50...at least at Gamestop by me it did and special edition was $60)

True that on the tax though Koggit.[/QUOTE]

It was opened. I was originally going to have this system for myself. I'm selling it because of personal money issues. Like I said, I can take the thing back to the store if necessary, and just sell Oblivion.

Honestly dude, I don't think you are going to fetch the prices you are wanting. I was just at Walmart and they have new ones there for $400. It is awesome that it is only 10 days up, but people seem to care more about the small plastic sealing. You may end up having to return it for your money back. (Are you getting full refund on the thing?) Oblivion for 360 is a good trade item, but the price is just a little high for people here in my opinion.

You guys are just going to E3 to see the PS2 aren't you? Take some photos!

Please note the OP's 0 feedback, which should have other CAGs with higher feedback think about having the OP send first.

To the OP, feedback references from other sites would be helpful, though for the majority of CAGs, they rely on CAG feedback only. Please post any direct links to feedback at other sites.

[quote name='shrike4242']Please note the OP's 0 feedback, which should have other CAGs with higher feedback think about having the OP send first.

To the OP, feedback references from other sites would be helpful, though for the majority of CAGs, they rely on CAG feedback only. Please post any direct links to feedback at other sites.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough:

Gaming Trend Feedback and Ebay feedback. +23/-1 on Gaming Trend and 41 on Ebay.

Seriously guys, if you don't want to buy it, that's fine. I'm not going to get upset over it. If you can find a better deal, jump on it. If I don't get the price I want, I'll just take it back for a full refund on the system, and then sell Oblivion and the VGA adapter seperately. This isn't an immediate need (just before end of April), so I'm willing to test the waters.

I do have another sale I may port over here from Gaming Trend in a few days though, since I'm unloading a bunch of PC games and other stuff there.

As far as E3? I'm going because I'm gaming press, so it's a working vacation. Those of you wandering around on your own will probably see more and have more fun than I will. :)

Zarkon, we know the truth is that you are planning a heist of the Ps3 system that will be there. It will probably be an elaborate heist and you need funds now to recruit. Gaming press...that's how I'd get in to steal one =)

If I see you on the news for attempted robbery at E3, I will probably laugh my cheapass off.

[quote name='Flamegames']Zarkon, we know the truth is that you are planning a heist of the Ps3 system that will be there. It will probably be an elaborate heist and you need funds now to recruit. Gaming press...that's how I'd get in to steal one =)

If I see you on the news for attempted robbery at E3, I will probably laugh my cheapass off.[/QUOTE]

*laugh*

You're presuming they don't do what Microsoft did last year, and have a PS3 'shell' running on a desktop PC. ;)

I pretty much bet on it. At any rate, I'm going to sleep now. I'll probably put the game sale up either Sunday or Monday. Definitely need to move the PC titles. :)

bread's done
Back