FS: Xbox LIVE 12 Month Card $39.99

Thanks, I ordered one, even though they're currently out of stock. Hopefully, they get them in soon, cause my Gold account expires at the end of this month.

how long are they good until they expire? I'm already set until June 2012 but it never hurts to have an extra one at a cheap price laying around

...then again I'm sure they'll be this price again somewhere before 1.5 years pass by

edit: ha! they just downright removed it from their site. God forbid they get some sales. I'm surprised to see the complete removal and simply not a "unable to order online" notice. Ohhh FS you sly son of a...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like everyone and their brother ordered one. They removed the deal from the site! Glad I ordered one when I did.

The stores still have these. I was at Future Shop this morning and grabbed one. It rang in at the regular price originally but the tag on the packaging says $39.99.

This promo price is good until December 9th from what I'm told.

I got one at my location (eastern Canada). They had none on the shelves, so I asked a guy and he got one from out back. The cards they had on display were just the new type that have to be activated at the register. The associate said that they cannot sell the unactivated cards for less than the list price, only the old style with plastic packaging can be discounted. Sounds like the end of an era ...

You can buy the 12 month cards on Amazon.com for $45usd. Since there is free shipping and no tax, it works out to the same price as the FS sale with tax. You just need to send it to a friend in the USA (or Goomba) and have them email the code to you.

[quote name='onemorechanc']I got one at my location (eastern Canada). They had none on the shelves, so I asked a guy and he got one from out back. The cards they had on display were just the new type that have to be activated at the register. The associate said that they cannot sell the unactivated cards for less than the list price, only the old style with plastic packaging can be discounted. Sounds like the end of an era ...[/QUOTE]

I was at downtown location in Edmonton, they had over hundred 12 months cards sealed plastic clam shell case in several card board bins. The packaging also had new design similar to the points card design. I think this image is the new card design taken from walmart.com, I don't remember if this is the exact design. All I remember there was a twitter and retail price printed on the packaging.
0088222489821_300X300.jpg

So there is still a small hope that the cards will be discounted in the future. Even if the price is printed on the packaging.

I went to a FS (downtown Toronto) hoping to get a card for a friend and the reps said that the deal was a "one day sale.", despite having told them that the initial sale was suppose to be on until Dec. 9th. Has anyone encountered this?

[quote name='hayabusa9016']I went to a FS (downtown Toronto) hoping to get a card for a friend and the reps said that the deal was a "one day sale.", despite having told them that the initial sale was suppose to be on until Dec. 9th. Has anyone encountered this?[/QUOTE]

Nope, the person I dealt with said it was on sale for the whole week. And I bought mine a day after the "one day sale" started ... sounds like that rep was wrong.

I did an ISPU in-store, and can confirm that it was a one-day sale only, because the day after I ordered it and picked it up, when she scanned the card, it came up at $59.99. She had to do a price override to make it the $39.99 price that was on my ISPU slip.

bread's done
Back